Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

LOVE the Sentinel....But

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
LOVE the Sentinel....But

JP_Legatus
02.23.2013 , 12:07 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by PoliteAssasin View Post
I'm assuming you mean empirical, not imperial? You can't honestly believe that sents are the top class in the game. That'd probably have to go to shadows. We have good 1v1 capability, group buffs, and decent damage, decent defensive cooldowns. Shadows have stealth, good 1v1 capability, decent damage, decent defensive cooldowns, taunts, guards, speed, pulls. In a pug group, I can do more for my team on my assassin than I can on my sentinel simply because of better utility. Don't get me wrong sents bring a lot to the table, but don't overlook other classes such as shadows, or even possibly snipers who are very good at group support. And lets be honest, sentinels who actually push the class to its limits are a rare breed. The class may have a lot of fotm rerollers but your average sentinel isn't going to be "OMG they're so overpowered" status.
Marauders have the best group buffs in the game with predation and bloodthirst, they have smash, and shadows are basically relegated to off node guarding. I don't see that changing in 2.0, sins didn't get smash and marauders didn't get stealth-tank.

Why is this relevant to your discussion? Because your typical rated team consists of at least 3 dps and one off node guard, meaning marauders are better represented in pvp right now. In 2.0 it's hard to call, but currently sent/marauder are the most used class.
Plaje - 65 PVP Assassin
http://www.twitch.tv/plajje

ViridianVex
02.23.2013 , 12:31 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by WaywardOne View Post
I know you're just trolling but... what class do you consider to be "hard"? Agent "lethality" is easy, just not easy to score big numbers with as it is widely considered one of the gimpier class/specs in the game at the moment. At least you're not a mercenary...
Yep, most classes aren't all that difficult to play if you have decent keybinding.. While a lethality operative ( I'm assuming he was talking about an operative, seeing that lethality sniper is usually considered decent, at least in regs) is one of the weaker classes in some respects, it is quite easy to top the damage on it. A cull will regularly hit for 4k if even one of the 3 parts crits, and 6-7.5k if all three crit and the target is 30% or below. When you set up properly you can cast 3 in 4 globals. No only that, but you can spam ~275 dps corrosive darts on most of the other team which really adds up. Against an uncoordinated team it is surprisingly effective. Of course, the set up for any burst takes a while, and you interfere with your team's cc if you dot multiple targets, but when it comes to shear numbers, you can compete with even pts and rage. That said, at least until the changes from 2.0 go live, it really isn't viable in rateds. Even with the changes I'm not sure it will fit in good teams.

Ramtar
02.23.2013 , 02:16 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by NathanielStarr View Post
Don't try to make people believe lies simply because you play one. There is substantial imperial proof that they are the alpha class in PvP if not the whole game.

The response to accusations that Sents/Marauders are not the most powerful is always "you don't know what you are talking about" without backup because all the evidence says that they are.
Sorry, but a good Sniper/Gunslinger/Assassin/Shadow will kick the crap out of majority of the Sentinel/Marauder in this game.

PoliteAssasin
02.23.2013 , 04:12 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Ramtar View Post
Sorry, but a good Sniper/Gunslinger/Assassin/Shadow will kick the crap out of majority of the Sentinel/Marauder in this game.
True. But that's because the majority of sents/maras aren't that experienced with the class. The few outstanding ones will have no issue. (The ones that people wrongfully call hackers) That being said no point in trying to convince Nathaniel that the class isn't OP. Hes a sniper and figures that because some sents can kill him, they are OP. Haven't seen so much consistent Sent/Mara hate from another member of this community.
Manager of Basic Skills For A Better Society. We hand out <basic skill stim>s in PVP to those in need. A donation of 1000 credits can help maintain the basic skills of 10 players for a day. Thousands of Republic PVPers are in dire need of these stims. Head to your local Pub Fleet and donate now!