Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

PVPing on a PVE Server

Dedrayge
02.22.2013 , 06:07 PM | #21
So, are people implying that objective based PvP is bad and only for baddies where as pure death match PvP is good and for skilled players?

Also, you can't expect people that are new to a class to immediately now the best rotations and how best to use their utility. Hell, quite a few classes have to live with limited utility until much higher levels. And of course, a new game means learning new mechanics which takes time. Of course, the time taken to moan about baddies could always be spent teaching them.
No plans for PvP...So, I have no plans to invest anymore money into this game.

Waiting for Wildstar

PAMuttoni
02.24.2013 , 09:49 PM | #22
No one will do rankeds in this server if you always face the same teams that have their gear maxed.
Of course, the guilds that do ranked might have fun playing against each other (I.E: ID vs Physics), but another guild that just starts will be discouraged to do more ranked if they are roflstomped.
If you want to do ranked, make a team of four and pug the other half....
But i'm pretty sure that won't happen because some players care too much about their ranking... ergo, don't whine about ranked WZs.
Keelahn (Combat) VR98 Aios (Seer) VR82 Kal'ree (Scrapper) VR70+
Tassadar (Marksman) VR85 Ze'siha (Darkness) VR87 Vehnar (Body Guard) VR70

adiwantinova
02.24.2013 , 11:21 PM | #23
^ Where is the fun in that? Even if you won, wouldn't it feel hollow?

I enjoy knowing that ID, Physics, etc. are out there. The bar is high, and it's all a matter of perspective. If you take a beating, lose, and learn nothing, then you're missing the point.

If nothing else, taking a few beat downs from those guys makes our team understand group composition, strategy, counter strategy, amongst many other things.

They are mortal men (and/or women) behind a mouse an keyboard, as well.
ADI-WAN TINOVA
Adi-Wan, Sentinel | Theresee, Sage | Kahlvin, Guardian
The Shadowlands | <RotJ> | <Triumph>

Nbkan
02.25.2013 , 12:06 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by adiwantinova View Post
They are mortal men (and/or women) behind a mouse an keyboard, as well.
Except Ambien, he doesn't sleep.

Lalainnia
02.25.2013 , 12:32 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Nbkan View Post
Except Ambien, he doesn't sleep.
2 true he can out bonk me which is just wrong
Donna-Commando-Combat Medic
When we care for others our own strength to live increases. When we help people expand their state of life, our lives also expand. Actions to benefit others are not separate from actions to benefit oneself.

Vin_of_Vinheim
02.25.2013 , 09:36 AM | #26
People that whine about lowbie pvp make me lol. People that whine about solo queue also make me lol.

If you want to make friends, to queue with, insulting the entire server is not the way. Many lowbie players are probably just playing pvp for a quick participation daily. Some may even hate pvp and only do lowbie for the easy xp.

That is the circle of PUG pvp, win some, lose some. Sometimes you get awful players that aren't interested in even trying, and sometimes you get great players. Roll with it. You can't control what they do and complaining about it is just wasted energy.

Krazy_Karl
02.25.2013 , 11:33 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by adiwantinova View Post
If nothing else, taking a few beat downs from those guys makes our team understand group composition, strategy, counter strategy, amongst many other things.
I think you're missing the point.

The state of PvP in this game is solely based on class stacking, and nothing else (despite ID and Physics delusions of grandeur being the most skilled PvP guild in a PvE game). Currently PvP consists of roflSmash/Sweep and lolStunBubbleWars.

And if you have even bothered testing the new changes to the classes (outside of the broken bolster bug), you'd also know the new flavor of the month will be snipers/gunslingers and these PvP guilds will continue to class stack so they can claim to be "elite".

PvP in this game was as close to balanced as it was going to get around 1.2... however even then, it was severely broken.

The developers are completely clueless at this point when it comes to PvP, so let's just be happy we have gotten an amazing new operation with 7 fantastic encounters (many of which so far are extremely fun and original), and a brand new planet to level to 55 (which from what I hear is still filled with bugs so 2.0 might be a while).

Regards,
KK
Try not. Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda

adiwantinova
02.25.2013 , 12:50 PM | #28
I didn't miss the point. That was in response to someone asking them to bring no more than 4 to a ranked match. What's the point of that for them? They, like everyone that competitively pvp's, are out to win.

Regardless of how they do it (with the exception of hacking or 'sploiting) we shouldn't ask them to cater to lesser teams in this fashion. The burden of the responsibility of improving to take them falls to everyone BUT them. That's my point.

There is much to learn from a butt kicking. That's all I was saying.
ADI-WAN TINOVA
Adi-Wan, Sentinel | Theresee, Sage | Kahlvin, Guardian
The Shadowlands | <RotJ> | <Triumph>

Lalainnia
02.25.2013 , 02:23 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Krazy_Karl View Post
I think you're missing the point.

The state of PvP in this game is solely based on class stacking, and nothing else (despite ID and Physics delusions of grandeur being the most skilled PvP guild in a PvE game). Currently PvP consists of roflSmash/Sweep and lolStunBubbleWars.

And if you have even bothered testing the new changes to the classes (outside of the broken bolster bug), you'd also know the new flavor of the month will be snipers/gunslingers and these PvP guilds will continue to class stack so they can claim to be "elite".

PvP in this game was as close to balanced as it was going to get around 1.2... however even then, it was severely broken.

The developers are completely clueless at this point when it comes to PvP, so let's just be happy we have gotten an amazing new operation with 7 fantastic encounters (many of which so far are extremely fun and original), and a brand new planet to level to 55 (which from what I hear is still filled with bugs so 2.0 might be a while).

Regards,
KK
I think the new fotm is anything that can equip a shield tanks/hybrids, are going to be pain like the tank/healer combo or the 2 assassins switching guards on eachother. If anything its the shield thing that makes me cringe. Snipers/Slinger pretty much just got a bunch of defensive moves and MM/SS will never run out of energy. The only spec that worries me and may have gone over the top is Leth/DF to many quality of life changes and the free Finisher seems over the top. Los is still a killer for snipers/slingers, but ya they got an unwarranted buff when they preformed just fine. To me it felt like it was the only real "Balanced" AC in the game for for all 3 specs ........not so much with 2.0.
Donna-Commando-Combat Medic
When we care for others our own strength to live increases. When we help people expand their state of life, our lives also expand. Actions to benefit others are not separate from actions to benefit oneself.

Krazy_Karl
02.25.2013 , 02:58 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Lalainnia View Post
I think the new fotm is anything that can equip a shield tanks/hybrids, are going to be pain like the tank/healer combo or the 2 assassins switching guards on eachother. If anything its the shield thing that makes me cringe. Snipers/Slinger pretty much just got a bunch of defensive moves and MM/SS will never run out of energy. The only spec that worries me and may have gone over the top is Leth/DF to many quality of life changes and the free Finisher seems over the top. Los is still a killer for snipers/slingers, but ya they got an unwarranted buff when they preformed just fine. To me it felt like it was the only real "Balanced" AC in the game for for all 3 specs ........not so much with 2.0.
You're leaving out the one HUGE buff that Snipers/Gunslingers got. They used to have zero mobility, and now they can roll all over the place once they burn all their snares and knock backs. They will be the new FOTM.

The skill cap for Snipers/Gunslingers just went through the roof with the buff they got (one that was not needed at all).

Smash/Sweep did not get the appropriate nerf it needed. Stun bubble did get the appropriate nerf, however Sage/Sorcerers as a whole were hit way to hard with the PvP nerf bat with the removal of the knockback root from an accessible part of TK tree, balance lost instant cast force lift, and I could go on and on.

There is zero reason to have a Sage/Sorcerer in rated PvP in 2.0. They still lack the burst necessary, and have lost all ability to kite effectively. And that's not even mentioning there is no longer a viable PvP healing spec for Sage/Sorcerers.

But they got a 10 second invulnerability but cannot actually do anything during those 10 seconds... so I guess that makes it all okay.

Regards,
KK
Try not. Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda