Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Delta Squad vs. Master Chief

YoshiRaphElan
02.22.2013 , 03:30 PM | #1
While Boba's fighting the Gunny, Chief gets Delta Squad from Republic commando! Scenario below...

Chief gets an assault rifle and battle rifle, two of each grenade (plasma and frag), and his armor ability is armor lockup. Delta Squad gets the following: Boss, DC-17 rifle (blaster attachment only), DC-15 pistol, and one of each grenade (thermal, ion, sonic, and flash); Sev gets DC-17 rifle (sniper attachment only), DC-15 pistol, and one of each grenade; Scorch gets DC-17 rifle (grenade launcher attachment only), DC-15 pistol, and one of each grenade; Fixer gets DC-17 rifle (blaster attachment only), DC-15 pistol, and two of each type of grenade. The fight takes place aboard a space vessel (your choice of either a Covenant warship or a Republic Acclamator-class assault ship) in full gravity, with neither side getting reinforcements. Go!

lordbrass
02.22.2013 , 04:04 PM | #2
mc all the way
Quote: Originally Posted by DirtyDiggler View Post
bioware should nerf stupidity

Quote: Originally Posted by PowerReaper View Post
go play your Crap Wars 2 no one cares...

Wolfninjajedi
02.22.2013 , 04:15 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by lordbrass View Post
mc all the way
^ This, tbh MC is just far greater with his augments then any Mandalorian. Though given the situation here, he'd need to wreck them all H2H so I can see them getting in a couple of shots in maybe...or their shots hit one of their team members as he is fighting them. Or MC disarms one of them and uses the weapon against the others.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Lordmird
02.22.2013 , 07:19 PM | #4
You've GOT to be kidding me.

Delta Squad would destroy that green idiot in a second.
"Who dares wins" "By Strength and Guile" "Per Mare, Per Terram" "Utrinque Paratus" Her Majesty's best
Could you do it?

TalonVII
02.22.2013 , 10:15 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
^ This, tbh MC is just far greater with his augments then any Mandalorian. Though given the situation here, he'd need to wreck them all H2H so I can see them getting in a couple of shots in maybe...or their shots hit one of their team members as he is fighting them. Or MC disarms one of them and uses the weapon against the others.
yes 1v1 wolf. But 4 delta squad vs 1 spartan, even MC, not even close. Delta FTW.

Compare and contrast the katarn vs the Mjloinr armor.

Both have the following:
Superb HUD[Heads Up Display]
Shields
Mjolinor has:
Strength amplifiers.
Katarn
Embedded vibroblade.

Plus you have to remember the ONLY advantage MC has is his enhanced body. That's it. And that can be overcome by 4 men just as leathally trained and schooled in being an elite soldier as MC is.

I can see the battle now. Sev starts off with long range sniper fire to pin down MC. Boss rolls in with the DC17 set to rifle mode to continue to pour fire into MC.

Scorch then gets into position and hits MC with an Ion grenade to fry the shields and stun MC. Fixer with grenade attachment loaded hits MC full blast with the grenade attachment to the DC-17 and adios MC.

Sorry I don't see MC surviving against Delta squad who have been trained from BIRTH with eachother. Trained to be 4 fingers of a fist. FROM MINUTE ONE. Forget the whole mando crap. It's about super soldier vs 4 soldiers who don't have the enhanced bodies but have been just as rigorously trained as MC has.

If it was say MC vs Boss, MC for the win, but against the whole squad, sorry MC is going DOWN.
Pretty, so what do we blow up first? -Wraith Squadron Motto
Ebon Hawk
Skiratta Legacy
Finished: Trooper, Agent, Knight, Inquizitor

Wolfninjajedi
02.22.2013 , 10:44 PM | #6
Yes but Tavon he is able to reaction much faster then a normal human, MUCH faster(55X) and as I recall MC is augmented before given his suit of armor. With his armor, that only increases his stats plus he is able to run faster then any of them(34 MPH) so couple that with his reaction time, how is any in the squad gonna hit MC unless he is closely engaging H2H with one of them? Though he probably would quickly just tear them apart, before moving on.

Make no mistake though, I don't like Halo lol am not a fan at all. But from what I have looked up(I probably should look up more) MC is all around better then Delta Squad. In terms of weapons though? He isn't, so his weapons are pretty much useless here except for the plasma grenade(maybe), so unless the squad is able to fire faster then MC can react or move I think MC takes majority.

I'll give the Squad 4/10 for this.

Edit: Also wb btw.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

TalonVII
02.23.2013 , 08:15 AM | #7
thanks for the welcome back.

And yes he can react faster, but remember, as much as his body is better, he's still human.

He has to react first, and he still relies on his tech as much as Delta squad. I think it could be a close run thing, but in the end, i think MC falls to delta squad.

Simple numbers, tactics, training and kit that is just as good as MCs except for strength enhancing, would tell the tale in the end.

But hey we're free to express our opinions wolf, and I am respectfully disagreeing

Edit: but Wolf, wouldn't it be awesome to hand MC something like the DC-17? A battle rifle that can flip to a sniper rifle and then flip to being a grenade launcher. I think MC would never pick up another rifle ever again.
Pretty, so what do we blow up first? -Wraith Squadron Motto
Ebon Hawk
Skiratta Legacy
Finished: Trooper, Agent, Knight, Inquizitor

Ventessel
02.25.2013 , 09:29 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by TalonVII View Post
thanks for the welcome back.

And yes he can react faster, but remember, as much as his body is better, he's still human.

He has to react first, and he still relies on his tech as much as Delta squad. I think it could be a close run thing, but in the end, i think MC falls to delta squad.

Simple numbers, tactics, training and kit that is just as good as MCs except for strength enhancing, would tell the tale in the end.

But hey we're free to express our opinions wolf, and I am respectfully disagreeing
I think MJOLNIR Armor is dramatically superior to Katarn battle armor, though. It has considerably more shielding and protective qualities, since it can stand up to fire from Covenant plasma weapons, which appear to be much more advanced than CIS blasters. Just looking at the effects on target, blasters leave carbon scoring, but plasma weapons will straight up incinerate the target.

Additionally, Chief has sufficient speed and agility to take Delta by surprise. Onboard a ship he can get the drop on them easily, since his armor's HUD has a built in motion tracker/radar. If he ambushes them, either with plasma grenades (they'll stick to the commando's armor and game over) or by rushing into melee combat, the fight would end quickly.

Chief would either kill one or two commandos and disengage to continue stalking them, or wipe out the whole team in one swoop. Remember, MC can flip over large vehicles (including tanks) with his armor's augments. Without his armor, he weighs roughly 400-500 lb. and inside it he weighs 2000 lb. His bone and muscle density has been augmented with grafts, etc. and his neural system reacts 55 times faster than a normal human's. This guy is a fiend in melee combat. I believe in an earlier thread like this there was an anecdote of him maiming or killing three ODST commandos during a training exercise. When he was twelve.

Quote: Originally Posted by TalonVII View Post
Edit: but Wolf, wouldn't it be awesome to hand MC something like the DC-17? A battle rifle that can flip to a sniper rifle and then flip to being a grenade launcher. I think MC would never pick up another rifle ever again.
Honestly, I've always felt that the DC-17m was underpowered. It traded punch for versatility. It's a single shot grenade launcher, or a light carbine, or a marksman's rifle. Master Chief tends to favor using more specialized weapons to accomplish specific tasks. He frequently changes equipment during a mission to adapt to changing circumstances.

And there's also the fact that I believe blaster weapons are rather low-powered to begin with, at least compared to Covenant plasma weapons. Now, Tenloss Disruptor rifles are another story...
The Heir to ChaosAdded Chapter Sixteen-- 17 APR 2013
“People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.” ~ George Orwell

Rauzgriz
02.25.2013 , 01:44 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Ventessel View Post
I think MJOLNIR Armor is dramatically superior to Katarn battle armor, though. It has considerably more shielding and protective qualities, since it can stand up to fire from Covenant plasma weapons, which appear to be much more advanced than CIS blasters. Just looking at the effects on target, blasters leave carbon scoring, but plasma weapons will straight up incinerate the target.
I would like to point out that one of the commandos threw himself on top of a live grenade and survived completely unharmed, with just a minor dent to his chestplate. One thing you also have to consider is that blasters are plasma weapons, not laser weapons. Also another one of the commandos survived unharmed against a flamethrower completely engulfing his armor.

MC might be faster than the average human, but so is delta squad. The clones were genetically enhanced to be far more effective warriors than normal humans, and the commandos were enhanced even further. Not to mention, there's 4 of them, and only one MC.

And, i know its off-topic, but just for the record, MC would have no chance against 4 of the Null ARCs.
Lvl 50 Sith Assassin
Lvl 50 Sniper
LGBT player.

Ventessel
02.26.2013 , 12:42 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Rauzgriz View Post
I would like to point out that one of the commandos threw himself on top of a live grenade and survived completely unharmed, with just a minor dent to his chestplate. One thing you also have to consider is that blasters are plasma weapons, not laser weapons. Also another one of the commandos survived unharmed against a flamethrower completely engulfing his armor.

MC might be faster than the average human, but so is delta squad. The clones were genetically enhanced to be far more effective warriors than normal humans, and the commandos were enhanced even further. Not to mention, there's 4 of them, and only one MC.

And, i know its off-topic, but just for the record, MC would have no chance against 4 of the Null ARCs.

I never said blasters were lasers, but rather that their power output seems considerably lower than that of the Covenant weapons. Additionally, MJOLNIR armor can stand up to just as much damage, but likely has better shields.

And the commandos are certainly fast, but the Chief is decidedly super-human. I would pit him against many Jedi in terms of speed, and his armor provides considerable heft and strength augmentation for melee combat. I don't see the Deltas surviving a close encounter with Chief, especially not the ambush he's likely to pull using his motion sensor/radar.
The Heir to ChaosAdded Chapter Sixteen-- 17 APR 2013
“People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.” ~ George Orwell