Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Dual monitors and mouse pointer moving off screen.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Dual monitors and mouse pointer moving off screen.

Drachehexe
02.22.2013 , 02:11 PM | #1
I have a dual-monitor setup with an extended desktop. While playing SWTOR in full screen mode (not full-screen windowed) my pointer can still move out of the game and into the second monitors screen and if I accidentally click the while the pointer is on the second screen it causes the game to minimize.

This isn't so much a problem during normal gameplay. During flashpoints and space missions though it is downright disastrous. In flashpoints it can cause personal death or group wipes. In space missions it can cause death or failure by missing mission objectives.

This needs to be addressed, I cannot keep disabling and enabling my second monitor every time I log into the game.

MocniSkopac
02.22.2013 , 02:15 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Drachehexe View Post
I have a dual-monitor setup with an extended desktop. While playing SWTOR in full screen mode (not full-screen windowed) my pointer can still move out of the game and into the second monitors screen and if I accidentally click the while the pointer is on the second screen it causes the game to minimize.

This isn't so much a problem during normal gameplay. During flashpoints and space missions though it is downright disastrous. In flashpoints it can cause personal death or group wipes. In space missions it can cause death or failure by missing mission objectives.

This needs to be addressed, I cannot keep disabling and enabling my second monitor every time I log into the game.
SAme problem here. But I think it's "problem" rather than real problem; i think this is normal behavior.
Don't expect customer service to be of any greater help than me though. I asked them a question myself and never got a helping answer. I guess we're just unimportant to them.

cheers mate

mattchanner
02.22.2013 , 02:24 PM | #3
why not just use full screen windowed so it does not take forever to get back to the game?

I have the same setup and switch between the game and other programs instantly with no problem
U MAD? Let go of your Anger.
Look I made a Dumb fan video too
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USRec...el_video_title

Rankyn
02.22.2013 , 03:28 PM | #4
That's more of a problem with windows than the game.
Change to full screen windowed or disable your 2nd monitor while you play.
I despise games that lock the mouse to themselves.

MocniSkopac
02.22.2013 , 09:10 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by MocniSkopac View Post
SAme problem here. But I think it's "problem" rather than real problem; i think this is normal behavior.
Don't expect customer service to be of any greater help than me though. I asked them a question myself and never got a helping answer. I guess we're just unimportant to them.

cheers mate
I was wrong. I ran Star Wars Jedi Knight Jedi Academy (a circa 2002 game) with both monitors on, and the mouse was indeed locked to the game. So I guess it's not a thing hard to implement.

mattchanner
02.25.2013 , 10:42 AM | #6
I like it better not locking if this is a problem or glitch then they should make it a feature.

and it only does not lock when the mouse is in a free state. like selecting items in inventory, but if you are holding right or left click it becomes locked so that the mouse does not move off the screen while you are turning around n such.
U MAD? Let go of your Anger.
Look I made a Dumb fan video too
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USRec...el_video_title