Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Snipers are not invincible in 2.0

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Snipers are not invincible in 2.0

IAmViiOLENT
02.22.2013 , 09:33 AM | #1
http://www.twitch.tv/devilswtor/b/369970165
From 1:20 - 1:58 in the stream video, I duel Devil several times, winning a wide majority of them. He's a 2600 rated sniper from Jedi Covenant, and ends up using every single spec that he has. When he first switches to engineering, I lose a few times and then after learning how to combat it (Read: speccing back into AoE reduction) come back and start winning. Long story short, he ended up talking trash to a few of the other PvPers from Harbinger in his stream chat and they all came out to DK to duel and beat him. (heal Sorc and sin)
We ended up getting a dozen or so people out there on DK dueling as well, so you can watch some pretty great match ups. (Creus/Full Heal Sorc Vs Theeopfotm/Carnage Mara, wakalord vs smurf n turf in particular was pretty great) and see how new class mechanics work to counter each other.

SOULCASTER
02.22.2013 , 10:12 AM | #2
You certainly can't say "Snipers are not invincible" and then go on to use 1 sniper vs 100 other guys as your example of why. But regardless I agree they aren't and won't be invincible for other reasons. Mainly LOS isn't going away.
Soulcaster
www.twitch.tv/CidxPvP
Come watch me log on and hit the buttons that light up!

NogueiraA
02.22.2013 , 12:59 PM | #3
Oh yes, now snipers can be killed by... Another sniper?

"Just LOS", and the sniper can AOE you on your fail LOS.

Cwild
02.22.2013 , 01:43 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by NogueiraA View Post
Oh yes, now snipers can be killed by... Another sniper?

"Just LOS", and the sniper can AOE you on your fail LOS.
Only if he's engineering....

And before you say orbital strike, just back up.

lrn2los

JP_Legatus
02.22.2013 , 02:01 PM | #5
LOS will always beat snipers I guess, but there's only one class that can LOS from a good distance and still hurt snipers: sorcs. And that depends greatly on the surroundings, and not on the talents of the individual players.

In short, beating snipers will now be a map issue and no longer a class or talent issue. Snipers were already a great class before the patch, I'm ok with some dps improvements since most classes got them but the roll and stealthsee kind of makes them a bit OP imo.

I'd like to see other changes as well, namely phase walk should drop a huttball, in addition to this. So I'm not just trying to beat up your class :P
Plaje - 65 PVP Assassin
http://www.twitch.tv/plajje