Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Guide] Companion Crew Skill Bonuses -- Picking the Best Crew Skills for your Class

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
[Guide] Companion Crew Skill Bonuses -- Picking the Best Crew Skills for your Class

Urthandel
02.22.2013 , 11:59 AM | #241
You cant imagine the amount of times I have referred back to your guide over the past year or so.
It has been a massive and invaluable help.

Thank you so much.

TheRealBowser
02.23.2013 , 03:04 AM | #242
Quote: Originally Posted by Urthandel View Post
You cant imagine the amount of times I have referred back to your guide over the past year or so.
It has been a massive and invaluable help.

Thank you so much.
You're very welcome. And thank you, that means a lot to me! It pleases me that this guide has been useful to the community.

Morunu
03.22.2013 , 02:00 PM | #243
Thank you!

SteveGC
03.31.2013 , 02:08 PM | #244
A version of this page without the companions' names would be appreciated. I'm sure I'm not the only one who'd like to be able to plan ahead for my crew skills without spoilers.

Thanks.

KBerling
06.04.2013 , 06:35 AM | #245
I've been playing for a few months now but just started to learn crafting (armstech). Till now, I've only gathered and run missions.

I noticed that my first batch of schematics all went grey when I hit level 60. At that point, I had to buy new ones in order to continue leveling and they required grade 2 mats.

Looking forward my question is this:

At what levels will future schematics go grey? In other words, how long will I be able to level up using my grade 2 schematics and mats until I need to buy new schematics and start using grade 3 stuff, ....then new schematics + grade 4 stuff, then new schematics + grade 5 stuff?

The reason I'm asking is my gathering and mission skills are already at very high levels so I'm wondering what level mats to farm while my crafter is busy.

Thanks for your guide. Hope this question makes sense.

Dominoris
06.04.2013 , 09:39 AM | #246
KBerling,
That varies with each different recipe for any crew skill. It all depends on what you are making.

There are places like torhead or Swtor Spy that can give a list of what can be made, what components it needs and whar levels it changes for skill ups. For example, this is SWTOR Spy's Biochem database: http://www.swtor-spy.com/crew-skills/biochem/50/
Clones are people two.

KBerling
06.04.2013 , 10:52 AM | #247
Thanks for the answer and the link which provides all the information I need.

I do have one other question though, about reverse engineering:

Do crafting skill or player character levels have any influence on the critical hit success chance for a next tier schematic when reverse engineering?

For instance, do I have a better chance to learn a next tier schematic for Combat Enforcer (requires skill level 40) if I RE it when my Armstech skill level is 400 and my character is on Makeb as compared to when my Armstech skill level is only 42 and my character is still on Coruscant or Dromund Kaas?

Thanks again.

JediJettW
06.04.2013 , 11:44 AM | #248
Really awesome guide thanks, it was a huge help for deciding which characters to give which skills, i hope you continue to get bumps so people can see this it is really helpful

MardukBenEli
06.06.2013 , 10:55 PM | #249
Even now, with all the skills being rewamped i still find your guide extremly usefull. For that reason i've decied to post it in my site www.sonsofolygarchy.bnx.pl giving you full credit and linking it back to the original thread. If you have objections i will naturally delete it.

AlrikFassbauer
06.11.2013 , 10:57 AM | #250
I just found it.
Very useful !
Thank you.
"Just say no." If you feel like you are only there for generating Comms for someone else, then just stay away from PvP. Don't let yourself get farmed !