Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Taris Crater Command Base memory Leak

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service (Read-Only)
Taris Crater Command Base memory Leak

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Subspace
12.15.2011 , 04:21 AM | #1
I am currently attempting to finish out Taris and as soon as I entered the Crater Command Base I experienced a massive increase in memory used, resulting in my game crashing to desktop. This then leads to my loading in to the game in the same spot and immediately crashing to desktop again. My memory usage spikes to almost 7 GB before crashing and I am able to move about 5 frames before crashing. Does anyone know of a way around this or if there is a potential fix on the way? As it stands I am unable to play at all with this bug.

Thanks

Agu-Mundi
12.15.2011 , 04:09 PM | #2
Exact same problem. It was like this in Beta. My RAM spiking to almost 8GB, I did report it but I guess they ignored me. I am also stuck in that base. Bump.

Fidgit
12.16.2011 , 05:06 AM | #3
Had the same thing in the beta, was hoping that its was fixed now.. Gonna quest on taris when the servers comes up. But guess I will do my story quest there and then leave that planet.

mcurb
12.16.2011 , 05:16 AM | #4
same thing... played through taris on the thanksgiving beta weekend without any problems... yesterday made it to taris again and finished about half of all the quests there without trouble... then all of a sudden i get massive lags... opening map causes lag, finishing quests --> lag, area transitions --> lag trying to use a taxi causes massive lag sometimes freezes the game altogether... during this freeze windows task manager shows CPU usage going down while memory usage skyrockets.
I am that which grips the heart in fright,
Harkens night and silences the light.

ToliverGrey
12.17.2011 , 06:04 AM | #5
I am encountering the exact same problem. Everywhere else my game runs fine, but I go into Taris Crater Command base and everything starts to freeze until I get a CTD. Now when I try to log in I am immediately frozen and eventually will CTD again. I am unable to log into my character let alone advance in the story.

Miothan
12.18.2011 , 01:27 AM | #6
I have encountered the same problem, *** am i supposed to do, to get out of that laghole? anyone know *** we can do to get ourselfs unstuck from that lagfest which just ends in a disconnect?
Immorality: The morality of those who are having a better time. ~H.L. Mencken

Calarand
12.18.2011 , 02:39 AM | #7
Same damn problem. Have had my character stuck in one place for 2 days now, game lagging to a full stop as soon as I log in.

Cerimon
12.21.2011 , 12:05 AM | #8 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Greetings All,

Update : The Taris issue has been resolved. Please exit the game and re-enter to patch your game client.

Thank You for playing Star Wars™: The Old Republic™

Cerimon | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support