Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Various bugs I keep encountering.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Various bugs I keep encountering.
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

PziCrow
02.16.2013 , 11:27 AM | #1
Been playing this game since open beta and I keep bumping into bugs from back then. Here's what I encountered, that are not allready in known issues post.

The workarounds doesn't always work!!!

- 1. (since open beta, maybe even before) Patroling mobs appears to be be somewhere they are not. Ex: Running into an area where there are groups of mobs around and all of a sudden you're under attack by a patroling mob, that appeared to be far away but was actually just a few meters away, making it attack you.

- 2. (since open beta, maybe even before) Various visual effects staying on player/companion during and after combat. Effects like "knocked down" and "thrown back", sometimes makes a player or companion, look like they are still under the effect.

How to reset companion: Dismiss and resummon.
How to reset player characters: Log out and in again.

- 3. (since open beta, maybe even before) When destroying an item (quest or usable items like barrels) that requires a weapon to be used, the weapon is not holstered after use and is still equipped in the main hand, but the player character is standing as if not holding a weapon. Or in other words, the weapons graphic is displayed hanging from the right hand and the player character stands as if not holding a weapon. The player character wont holster the weapon, as the weapon actually haven't been equipped, the weapon graphics are just in the mainhand. This only happens if you start by having the weapon holstered.
Also, if you mount while the weapon is bugged into your mainhand, it stays in the hand and it looks rediculous!

Here's a few screenshots to better illustrate what the bug is.
A questitem that needs a weapon to be destroyed, so I shoot it:
http://imageshack.us/f/545/01destroyingqitem.jpg/
After shooting:
http://imageshack.us/f/585/02weaponhangingfrommain.jpg/
Weapon staying in mainhand as if not drawn:
http://imageshack.us/f/547/03weaponstillhangingfro.jpg/
And even on mount, weapon is still in mainhand:
http://imageshack.us/f/28/04weaponstillinmainhand.jpg/
For comparison, this is how the weapon looks when drawn right:
http://imageshack.us/f/94/05weapondrawnasitshould.jpg/

1st workaround: press equip/holster key (default z-key), then rightclick the item you need to destroy.
2nd workaround: double press equip/holster key (default z-key) after using the item.

- 4. Can't see the Imperial Fleet outside the windows of the front of my ship on my level 50 Imperial Agent. Made another Agent and I can see the fleet on that characters ship. Can also see the fleet on my other characters.

- 5. Buffs on companions don't always get re-applied after dismounting or just after being summoned (I know buffs have a little wait time, before they get re-applied, but sometimes they just don't).
(only happens with companion set to "passive", then using any ability that dismisses the companion (mount, rocket boots etc.) and when the companion is resummoned, buffs won't re-apply until "passive" is taken off)

- 6. (since open beta, maybe even before) Loot "light beam" often stays after looting.

- 7. (since open beta, maybe even before) Random NPC conversations (not quest NPC's or NPC's you have interacted with) continues after moving far away from the NPC's talking and the volume is as if they are right next to you. This is not conversations started by any action, other than just being close to the NPC's. It is random "background" conversations between NPC's.
This bug is somewhat similar to the Khem Val speech bug in open beta, where you could hear another players Khem Val companion talk, even if he was FAR away.

- 8. HK-51 doesn't get the "Target Eliminated" buff from all assisting kills. This is in addition to what is allready in the "Known in-game issues: Updated February 15th, 2013".

- 9. Chat goes to "general" if changing instance (Ex.: Ilum3 -> Ilum7) while in a group, even if settings are set to "autoswap to group".

- 10. (since open beta, maybe even before) Music volume is low compared to other game sounds. To have music at roughly same volume as other sounds, I have sound setting like this:
Master - 100%
Music - 100%
Sound FX - 70%
Ambient - 70%
Voice - 70%

- 11. Sith Inquisitor ability "Force Storm". Trooper ability "Hail of Bolts" and "Mortar Volley". And Imperial Agent ability "Suppressive Fire" sometimes makes the character shoot in another direction than where you put the AOE marker. The damage is done where it should, but visually, the player character shoots in another direction.
I don't know if this happens for the Bounty Hunter's, Jedi Consular's or Smuggler's AOE, as I haven't played them much.

2 screenshots:
http://imageshack.us/f/687/shotsfiredindifferentdi.jpg/
http://imageshack.us/f/28/shotsfiredindifferentdi.jpg/

- 12. (since open beta, maybe even before) Blaster sounds from own spaceship in space combat only have "real" sound on mousepress. If pressing and then holding the mousebutton, the blastersounds from own ship becomes dull after the first shot.

- 13. Preview window can't show companions currently equipped with a customization.

Workaround: Unequip the customization and you can now see the companion in the preview window.

- 14. Inspecting other players shows my items on the player being inspected. This happens when a companion is summoned.

Workaround: Dismiss companion and you can inspect.

- 15. (since open beta, maybe even before) Have to click usable items, like barrels and treasure chests, multiple times to "use" them, when in combat and have a target (a mob, player or companion selected).

- 16. (since open beta, maybe even before) Randomly getting groupmembers targeted when in combat and not having a target. This happens without any action from yourself.

- 17. (since open beta, maybe even before) A lot of the codex entries are not available.
Please fix this for us lore nubs

- 18. (since open beta, maybe even before) Start of some bridges are too steep (or have hidden wall?), so you have to jump to move over the start of the bridge. This is usually only a problem if heading straight on. It is happening both on foot and on mount.

- 19. (since patch 1.7.0) Lockout screen (lockout tab in mission log) is sometimes empty.
(this might just be lag or slow loading info from servers)

- 20. In Section X, the daily "Targeted Missfire" gives "Final Stage - Research Cancellation (Bonus)" when taking the quest from the questbox in the imperial base.

- 21. Sometimes, when having a companion gather something, the companion runs to the thing it should gather, then just stops and stares at me, not gathering. No matter how many times I press the thing to be gathered, the companion just stands there, doing nothing, not even comming back to me. I have to gather the thing myself to "free" the companion. Other times, the companion goes to the thing that I sent it to gather, looks at the thing and decides not to gather, then comes back to me.

- 22. Equipped weapon is sometimes hanging from underneath T7-01 and M1-4X.

- 23. (since open beta, maybe even before) Black screen taking a long time to disappear in some conversations.
In umbra ambulo solus
The Corvus Legacy

chriscshunter
02.16.2013 , 11:34 AM | #2
I can confirm 90% of these... and yes most have been around since beta. A lot of these may seem stupid and small, but they shouldn't exist! It makes the game look like crap, especially since there has been over a year of polishing! I never would have known that these simple bugs would still be around today. If I worked there, I am so OCD, I would fixing each of these damn things even if it took me months I would do it by myself...

Can we get a version 2.0 and name it "Bug Fixes" - No new content, just fix all the problems the game has, big and small... stop working on new stuff for one update and just fix all the damn problems! Everytime a new content comes out there is more and more bugs, and you fix half of them and then release another new content and more bugs!

Talk about 1 step forward and 2 steps back... Stop working on cartel market, stop working on new content for one month... give us a massive fix build.

I'm about to just take another 6 month break from the game since all that has really changed is more flashy stuff to distract me from problems that are not getting fixed.

PziCrow
02.17.2013 , 01:29 PM | #3
Would be nice if someone from BW could confirm or look into these bugs. I'll set a little note on the bugs I've posted, if BW is aware, investigating or in the process of solving any of them. So please BW, give a heads up
In umbra ambulo solus
The Corvus Legacy

PziCrow
02.19.2013 , 05:51 PM | #4
Updated with a few extra bugs, info and misspelling
In umbra ambulo solus
The Corvus Legacy

PziCrow
02.20.2013 , 04:17 AM | #5
Just confirmed the inspect bug had to do with having a companion summoned. Updated info.
Maybe I should work for BW and get paid for investigating bugs
In umbra ambulo solus
The Corvus Legacy

PziCrow
02.20.2013 , 05:39 PM | #6
More bugs added. Any BW representative looking at this?
In umbra ambulo solus
The Corvus Legacy

PziCrow
02.21.2013 , 06:14 PM | #7
Bump + more info added.
In umbra ambulo solus
The Corvus Legacy

StOneRKinG
02.22.2013 , 01:03 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by chriscshunter View Post
I can confirm 90% of these... and yes most have been around since beta. A lot of these may seem stupid and small, but they shouldn't exist! It makes the game look like crap, especially since there has been over a year of polishing! I never would have known that these simple bugs would still be around today. If I worked there, I am so OCD, I would fixing each of these damn things even if it took me months I would do it by myself...

Can we get a version 2.0 and name it "Bug Fixes" - No new content, just fix all the problems the game has, big and small... stop working on new stuff for one update and just fix all the damn problems! Everytime a new content comes out there is more and more bugs, and you fix half of them and then release another new content and more bugs!

Talk about 1 step forward and 2 steps back... Stop working on cartel market, stop working on new content for one month... give us a massive fix build.

I'm about to just take another 6 month break from the game since all that has really changed is more flashy stuff to distract me from problems that are not getting fixed.
Dude Amen. Couldn't have said it better myself. The bugs are getting ridiculous. I mean what are you thinking bioware> You think new content makes the bugs okay> Well it doesnt. YOU ARE LOSING SUBS BECAUSE OF IT.
Imperius
Venetrix StOneRKinG Damelza Iskaevys
Kai-Ell Alusin Zaccai

PziCrow
02.22.2013 , 10:54 AM | #9
More info added in 24. Still no response from BW? Really odd
In umbra ambulo solus
The Corvus Legacy

PziCrow
02.23.2013 , 06:27 PM | #10
Added info here and there, spelling and so on.

I'm starting to think BW doesn't care about these "small" bugs
In umbra ambulo solus
The Corvus Legacy