Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Grief Adventures!

Psirebral
02.22.2013 , 02:04 AM | #1
I'm 100% expecting for there to be some serious hate on this, and I can't wait to see it and maybe the server will even learn to PvP and not play care bear squad when it comes to the contested area pvp dailies. Let me make this clear, if we see a line, we will do everything in our power to destroy it. Simple as that.

http://youtu.be/ype159snRRM

--------------------------------UPDATE-----------------------------------

http://youtu.be/R-X1bACU6uM Part 2

Not the best footage and I plan to cut up all the recorded video into 5-8 minute vids with some bad editing thrown in.

KidMcClaren
02.22.2013 , 03:14 AM | #2
"What happened to the douchebag Goof I used to know"

ROFL Jay you are awesome.

AltruisticRage
02.22.2013 , 09:06 AM | #3
"I need to validate myself by beating up on people who I outgear and outskill."

If this "PvP" quest required PvP to complete, I wouldn't bat an eye. As it stands, I really see no reason to mess with people in the PvP zone. I get that PvP is supposed to happen in the PvP zone, but I am not a douche just to be one because the rules allow me to.

I never killed lowbies when I played on PvP servers in other games. I just don't grief because it does nothing for me to beat up on someone who can't defend themselves.
Altruistic <C O V E N A N T> // Sage Healer // The Harbinger
"PvP like you are PvPing for your fake dead girlfriend"

kraykind
02.22.2013 , 09:35 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by AltruisticRage View Post
"I need to validate myself by beating up on people who I outgear and outskill."

If this "PvP" quest required PvP to complete, I wouldn't bat an eye. As it stands, I really see no reason to mess with people in the PvP zone. I get that PvP is supposed to happen in the PvP zone, but I am not a douche just to be one because the rules allow me to.

I never killed lowbies when I played on PvP servers in other games. I just don't grief because it does nothing for me to beat up on someone who can't defend themselves.
Roflmfao lolwut

I'm ****in glad to see this line ******** destroyed, keep up the good work

-DarK-HorsE-
02.22.2013 , 12:15 PM | #5
Just my opinion but they are encouraging you to PvP by creating this area and these quests in this area. And if someone is wrecking the line (one of my favorite things to do > then yeah it pretty much does require you to PvP to complete the quest. It doesn't reward you with anything but rep, so if you don't want to do it you don't have to. Alternatively the PvPers don't have to go do the Ops or kill the World Bosses. They created ways for both types of players to enjoy the event.
And one of the best times I've had since I transferred to this server had been trading blows with <It Burns When I PvP> in that event area. Thanks for putting up a fight guys!
Survival Strategy
Rock-steady
Para'mountDoc'u'up

SlimsPicken
02.22.2013 , 12:39 PM | #6
Im not a fan of the lines.

Regardless if PvP is required to complete the mission or not, if you are in the FFA pvp area, expect pvp.

I also am not a griefer, so If someones clearly not into fighting i leave them alone outside the middle area, but seeing people line up to complete a pvp quest, when they arent even interested in pvp...kind of annoys me. It rewards WZ comms for gods sake...kind of a clue that some pvp might be involved.
For every man there is a sentence, a string of words, which has the power to destroy him.

Lykamein
02.22.2013 , 03:41 PM | #7
I do find the line in illum pretty funny, but when you think about it most of the people doing this quest are not doing it to pvp, they only want the rep with the gree for the event from the quests.

Turns out we are not a pvp server so the majority of players do not enjoy pvp.

As far as goof troop goes if they really were good they would be on a pvp server and not here. Being a really good pvp guild on a pve server is like being the smartest third grader at a special needs school.

I enjoy casual pvp and do join quite a few wz's but i do so for a break from raiding, not for a way of game play.

Just my 2cents on the situation
If it feels good, Do it!

sphyg
02.22.2013 , 04:46 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Lykamein View Post
I do find the line in illum pretty funny, but when you think about it most of the people doing this quest are not doing it to pvp, they only want the rep with the gree for the event from the quests.

Turns out we are not a pvp server so the majority of players do not enjoy pvp.

As far as goof troop goes if they really were good they would be on a pvp server and not here. Being a really good pvp guild on a pve server is like being the smartest third grader at a special needs school.

I enjoy casual pvp and do join quite a few wz's but i do so for a break from raiding, not for a way of game play.

Just my 2cents on the situation
This is such malarkey. You don't have to be on a PvP server to be good at PvP.
Sphyg - Tha'dokta - Sphig - - - Bastion
Sphig - Sa'rissa - Sphygg - Who'just - U'just - - - Harbinger
The Chatos Paladins

Lykamein
02.22.2013 , 04:52 PM | #9
Didn't say you couldn't be good at it, anyone can be good at it. Just loses any glory when you are not on a pvp server full of serious contenders. Which is what makes my previous statement true and accurate.
If it feels good, Do it!

sphyg
02.22.2013 , 05:10 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Lykamein View Post
Didn't say you couldn't be good at it, anyone can be good at it. Just loses any glory when you are not on a pvp server full of serious contenders. Which is what makes my previous statement true and accurate.
The PvP aspect of a PvP server deals mainly with open world PvP not war zones. I think goof, full resolve, asçendency , lukewarm, adroit, and probably even covenant could compete quite week with those from other PvP servers.

I joined a pve server because I wanted to focus on leveling. Now I an getting into PvP and it is quite fun. People can change how they want to play. And if bio ware would allow server transfers I bet some from these guilds would go to a PvP server.
Sphyg - Tha'dokta - Sphig - - - Bastion
Sphig - Sa'rissa - Sphygg - Who'just - U'just - - - Harbinger
The Chatos Paladins