Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Inability to log into account

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Inability to log into account
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Kuronan
02.22.2013 , 07:55 AM | #1
As of yesterday, sometime around 11 AM, my account disconnected from the game. When I tried to log in with my old password (and my security key), it would not allow me to connect due to improper information. When I had tried to log in somewhere around five times after, inputting very specific characters, it still would not allow me to log in. I have a password change, and logged on another game. When I tried to log in today with the new password, it would not allow me to log in. I think I may have a problem with my security key, but it might be something else. Please Respond Quickly.
The Estimare Legacy
Silence to Evil is Compliance, Arguing and Fighting is Defiance, and I am as baneful an opponent as I am loyal a companion.
We, the roleplayers, need this.

Beesodd
02.22.2013 , 07:58 AM | #2 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hello Kuronan,

It looks like you have been hit by an issue with Security Keys. This is affecting a number of players at this time, and we are working to resolve it as soon as possible.

In the meantime, you may wish to [http://www.swtor.com/support/helpcenter/5200]call our Account & Billing support[/url] who will be able to remove the existing key from the account.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused by this.

Beesodd | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

Kuronan
02.22.2013 , 08:38 AM | #3
I was told by a Billing and Accounting in a followup after some suggestions to post this on the forums to help it move along. I'd like to make some recommendations for customer service calls in general, and then specifically about Security Keys:
1. Add more variety to the song mix, I was listening to the same song around 6 times.
2. Add a Security Key Cancellation Option with Security Key Inquiries.

My issue is resolved, thank you.
The Estimare Legacy
Silence to Evil is Compliance, Arguing and Fighting is Defiance, and I am as baneful an opponent as I am loyal a companion.
We, the roleplayers, need this.