Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Kaggath Suggestions...

Selenial
02.22.2013 , 07:35 AM | #151
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
How about the Hutt Cartel?
Pitting one Hutts powerbase against another would be a very interesting one to do....
Although it'd have to be a sub section, not called kaggaths, as i really cant see Jabba or Karraga thinking it'd be cool to fight each other by the ways of an ancient sith tradition.....
Maybe it could be called "Underworld Arena"
The Mandalorian Wars were a series of massacres that masked another war, a war of conversion. Culminating in a final atrocity that no Jedi could walk away from… save one.
Zarys Sorcerer Cathinka Scoundrel
Force In Balance - The Harbinger

Beniboybling
02.22.2013 , 07:35 AM | #152
Query: How many Mandalorians in Pre Vizla's Death Watch do you think there were? 100? 200? More?

Beniboybling
02.22.2013 , 07:37 AM | #153
Quote: Originally Posted by Selenial View Post
Pitting one Hutts powerbase against another would be a very interesting one to do....
Although it'd have to be a sub section, not called kaggaths, as i really cant see Jabba or Karraga thinking it'd be cool to fight each other by the ways of an ancient sith tradition.....
Maybe it could be called "Underworld Arena"
Neither would many previous combatants really (e.g. G0-T0) - its just a set up.

I would like to include some Hutts, but getting info on their powerbases is tricky. I will try by best though (with the new 'battleground' format, I'm planning on specifying numbers and forces etc in detail.)

'Underworld Arena' sounds cool though... hmmm, interesting.

Selenial
02.22.2013 , 07:44 AM | #154
Sigh, double post.
The Mandalorian Wars were a series of massacres that masked another war, a war of conversion. Culminating in a final atrocity that no Jedi could walk away from… save one.

Selenial
02.22.2013 , 07:47 AM | #155
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
Query: How many Mandalorians in Pre Vizla's Death Watch do you think there were? 100? 200? More?
Definatly more, I'd say before the rift caused by Bo Katan and Vizla's death, his Death Watch army spanned to around 1000.... Just judging by the sheer numbers we see in some scenes and a few refferences and size of forces needed to take over what they did...
Youd need a hell of a lot of soldiers to take on the Black Sun, barge into the Hutt Palaces etc like they did...

Beniboybling
02.22.2013 , 08:16 AM | #156
Quote: Originally Posted by Selenial View Post
Definatly more, I'd say before the rift caused by Bo Katan and Vizla's death, his Death Watch army spanned to around 1000.... Just judging by the sheer numbers we see in some scenes and a few refferences and size of forces needed to take over what they did...
Youd need a hell of a lot of soldiers to take on the Black Sun, barge into the Hutt Palaces etc like they did...
Hmmm, but on Mustafar Maul basically did all the work and there was not really any battle. And on both Nal Hutta and Tatooine the Hutt's where not heavily defended. All they had where bounty hunters and thugs, which Maul & Savage made short work of.

And then on Sundari they basically tricked the people into helping them... I'd say all the above are achievable with less than 200 (deadly) soldiers. Bearing in mind that the Kenobi's 212th Attack Battalion consisted of only 660 soldiers, and they invaded Sepratists bases etc.

Then we've got the fact the Nite Owls may well as been the "twelve former Death Watch members" that formed with 200 Mandalorian police to form the Mandalorian Protectors. Some likely died in the Battle of Sundari - but they can't have numbered in any more than 30.

We also never see any more than 20 on screen at any given time, and they often 'occupy' small spaces e.g. the abandoned mines on Concordia where Vizla prepared his entire force to invade Mandalore, and the camps on Carlac and Zanbar.

Sorry for the overload of info there, but I've been spending time (too much time ) researching this. I'm still unsure though...

Maaruin
02.22.2013 , 02:54 PM | #157
Another idea: Czerka Cooperation

Or another Cooperation. There are neutral powers in the SW Universe which aren't part of the Underworld.
"I was one of many. We were servants of the dark side… Sith Lords, we called ourselves. So proud. In the end we were not so proud. We hid… hid from those we had betrayed. We fell… and I knew it would be so."
-Ajunta Pall

Beniboybling
02.22.2013 , 02:58 PM | #158
Quote: Originally Posted by Maaruin View Post
Another idea: Czerka Cooperation

Or another Cooperation. There are neutral powers in the SW Universe which aren't part of the Underworld.
Building on that (because pitting corporations against each other on their own is difficult) give them an ally, or give a combatant them as an ally/supplier - to make things more interesting.

Maaruin
02.22.2013 , 03:06 PM | #159
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
Building on that (because pitting corporations against each other on their own is difficult) give them an ally, or give a combatant them as an ally/supplier - to make things more interesting.
I wouldn't necessarily put cooperations against each other, but against other powers, for example political powers.

Maybe KOTOR (I+II) Czerka against Darth Baras' power base.
"I was one of many. We were servants of the dark side… Sith Lords, we called ourselves. So proud. In the end we were not so proud. We hid… hid from those we had betrayed. We fell… and I knew it would be so."
-Ajunta Pall

Bird_of_Thunder
03.09.2013 , 07:04 PM | #160
Baras vs. Thanaton.

This needs to be settled. There's a thread about Thanaton vs. Baras in Story and Lore, but it just doesn't seem as formal as a Kaggath. So we need to see this.
Lord Ravvok
Annihilation Marauder
<Ebon Hawk, U.S>