Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

"The login service is currently unavailable"

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
"The login service is currently unavailable"
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Gotiko_
02.22.2013 , 07:04 AM | #1
It's about one months that the launcher gives me the same problem: "The login service is currently unavailable" .
is not a problem of the antivirus... can you help me?
Sorry for my english i'm italian and ofcourse i'm trying to play from italy.

Best regards

Beesodd
02.22.2013 , 07:07 AM | #2 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hi Gotiko,

This issue can be caused by a number of things, but hopefully we can find the culprit quickly.

As a first step, please check the time and date for your system. If these are off, it can lead to issues.

If this isn't the source of the problem, please download and run a copy of the game setup file, and choose to reinstall the game. This is a quick process, and won't start from scratch.

Please let us know how you get on.

Thanks.

Beesodd | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support| Find help for all EA Games at Answer HQ.

Gotiko_
02.22.2013 , 07:12 AM | #3
Whoa! Really fast answer! You're right: my time/date was set really into the future. Now is patching! Thanks for the help!

Beesodd
02.22.2013 , 07:20 AM | #4 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Splendid, thanks for the update.

Beesodd | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support| Find help for all EA Games at Answer HQ.

nirlem
02.22.2013 , 09:03 AM | #5
I have some problem. I join to PTS, when I loading to fleet my loading bar is freeze. I try to restart laucher and now all time "The login service is currently unavailable". I try to use repair SWTOR_setup, but it didn't work. Time/date is normal.
Death - it's only the begining...

Beesodd
02.22.2013 , 09:37 AM | #6 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hi nirlem,

I take it that the launcher is freezing before you get to choose your environment (swtor or publictest)?

If so, please download and run a copy of the game setup folder (available here) and choose to reinstall, as mentioned above.

Kvell
02.22.2013 , 10:52 AM | #7
I have got the same problem with logging. I tried flushing dns, rebooting my router, disabling antivirus and brandmauer, making clean boot, safe mode, ran the game and launcher as administrator, fixed launcher, changing timezone, resetting my password. All is in vain. Well what should I try next?

P.S. I am from Russia, our previous president canceled daylight saving time change and thus we have UTC/GMT+4 for Moscow, Saint Petersburg and Volgograd. Taking this into consideration, I adjusted timezone to +4 at the website.

Beesodd
02.22.2013 , 10:58 AM | #8 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hi Kvell,

I'm starting to suspect that there may be a network issue that you share with the poster in this thread: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=601932

Can you post your approximate location and ISP?

Thanks.

Kvell
02.22.2013 , 11:13 AM | #9
Approximate location... ehm....
197341, Saint Petersburg, Russia

On my ISP
http://www.spb.comstar.ru/contacts/index.html
which refers to MTS Group "COMSTAR - United TeleSystems" North-West Branch of CJSC "Comstar-Regions"
Tel.: +7 (812) 718 8001 E-mail: info_spb@comstar-uts.ru, St. Isaac's Square, Building 4, Saint Petersburg Russia.

Kvell
02.22.2013 , 04:08 PM | #10
I have solved the problem. Here is my solution step by step.

1. Initially I thought that a certain network process blocked the launcher's attempts to reach the patch-server. I pressed windows+R, then typed msconfig in the form, then disabled all the services except the Microsoft's ones (see the box below the list)
2. The same was done to all the startup programs in the appropriate tab of the window
3. Rebooted the system. Next I disabled the brandmauer and my anti-virus.
4. I downloaded this archive and put the missing files to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc *

--
* For uncertain reasons I did not have only lmhosts.sam and please do not replace files

Then I managed with my problem with "the login service is currently unavailable"