Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Bugged / Missing Codex for Republic Players

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Bugged / Missing Codex for Republic Players

Astral_Finite
01.28.2013 , 07:38 PM | #151
Yeah I'm still pretty irritated about this, about 1 month after early game access I realized that many codex entries were missing. I spent hours trying to get them all, and short of submitting a ticket for each one of them, which I tried for a few and they ignored me, about 1/5 of them are unobtainable. I know it doesn't directly affect game play, but it tracks your experience in the game, what you've discovered, I want to complete it on my main, 1 year later and I'm still waiting.
Now we have an expansion coming up, probably no fix but I'll bet they are adding more to be unlocked in the new planet, half of which you won't be able to get. It shouldn't be very hard to add a trigger in game to update a codex, or add an object, or remove a codex entry from the list for things like titles that cannot be unlocked because the content doesn't exist.
This seems like a higher priority than adding crap like speeders and pets, i like them as much as the next guy, but fix what you got before you add more stuff. Of course, they'll warrant that with bringing in more cash, but bringing in a new guy who will end up seeing the same problems seems less important that keeping your current customers happy. You want a long term subscriber, or a f2p who buys a few cartel coins here and there?

TheFuzzyFunk
02.03.2013 , 05:56 PM | #152
Hello everyone, i have posted a thread about this in customer support to try and get it more awareness as i dont feel that this part of the forum is even looked at by moderators/staff, would welcome your input and help in keeping the thread active thanks!

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=593880

enderandrew
02.21.2013 , 01:36 PM | #153
With the new achievement system, players will want/need to get these bugged entries.

I've also had several others not in this list that were bugged at the time, or simply didn't work for me.

For example, I have a Jedi Sentinel I've played since launch, and I never got "Jedi Weapon" on Tython when I got my saber. I've put in support tickets and they never unlocked the codex entry for me.

Irxyyy
02.22.2013 , 12:13 AM | #154
Quote: Originally Posted by enderandrew View Post
With the new achievement system, players will want/need to get these bugged entries.
Have I missed something, what new achievement system are you talking about?
// believing is bleeding

Drudenfusz
02.22.2013 , 11:49 AM | #155
Quote: Originally Posted by Irxyyy View Post
Have I missed something, what new achievement system are you talking about?
Go, read the patch notes for 2.0, which is currently on the PTS, or better copy a character there and look for yourself in game.
My Old Republic Warring is Magic
Gwenya - The Drudenfusz Legacy, Jedi Shadow on Jar'Kai Sword
When you play the game of PvP, you win or you die.
English version <- SWTOR Wiki -> German version

Childofbaahl
02.23.2013 , 10:36 AM | #156
I logged my ticket with my 60 odd missing entries the other day - I know it'll take awhile for them to go through my data but I was wondering from those who have had their entries fixed, how long between logging and fix did you have to wait.

Also I am loving the look of the new achievement system - and it's legacy wide... This would be the perfect time for them to fix the codex once and for all...
PCGAMER
Revel Alliance
Zahariel - Lvl 05 -Jedi Consular

Mike_Bluesky
02.24.2013 , 06:01 AM | #157
Quote: Originally Posted by enderandrew View Post

I've also had several others not in this list that were bugged at the time, or simply didn't work for me.

For example, I have a Jedi Sentinel I've played since launch, and I never got "Jedi Weapon" on Tython when I got my saber. I've put in support tickets and they never unlocked the codex entry for me.
Same situation here with my Sentinel. If they don't fix Codex with 2.0 and people won't be able to get achievements... well, that will be another fail from BW. Like fixing something like Codex for more than a year isn't.
I don't have friends but I really want those pets -> referral link (you get free stuff too!)

TheIronMonkey
02.25.2013 , 08:22 AM | #158
Not to spoiler anything, but there are achievements based on # codex found? I tested 2.0 Sunday and all I saw were "use of companion" ones... Al thought I do think I remember a "locations" based one.

Codex chasers out there are going to looove the achievement thing. Start outfitting your comps if you are one of those "got to have them all" OCD people. :-P
I don't know if this is a Sith thing, but at the beginning of every game conversation my first thought is "You are so dead"...

Irxyyy
02.25.2013 , 11:23 PM | #159
Still weird to introduce new systems with some of the original in such a bad shape.
// believing is bleeding

Slopster
03.02.2013 , 09:37 PM | #160
It's time to end this madness. I really hope 2.0 means a fixed codex. At this time I'd be fine if they just blew it all up and started over.
Slopster 55 JS / Slop 55 JK / Slew 55 SM / Sloppily 55 TR
Slather 55 SW / Slopstar 55 SI / Sludgy 55 BH / Slot 55 IA
Stay Classy
Prophecy of the Five (PVP-EST)