Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Issue with security Key since log into PTS

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Issue with security Key since log into PTS

Tarurelm
02.21.2013 , 05:39 PM | #1
So today I logged into the PTS, then i logged out so I could log into the Live server, and my security key doesn't work. When I try to log into my account section in SWTOR.com, There is a message saying it cannot find my code. I have tried to synchronize the time. I would remove and reinstal the app but I cannot find the email where my product key for the game is and I have not been able to log into my account section to see if it is in there. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

-Taru Relm
Delusions of Grandeur@ The Harbinger

-DPS Vigilance Guardian- Täru Relm
-Sage Heals- Va'shh

Theguffin
02.21.2013 , 06:29 PM | #2
The only solution is to call customer support and have them remove the key, be prepared to wait at least an hour and do not put on another key after they remove it, they will assure you it is fine to do so, but they are lying.

Tarurelm
02.21.2013 , 06:32 PM | #3
Yes, i waited 56 minutes and they only removed the security key. Only problem is now i don't feel safe. i hope my account doesn't get sniped into
Delusions of Grandeur@ The Harbinger

-DPS Vigilance Guardian- Täru Relm
-Sage Heals- Va'shh

CaptianFordo
02.21.2013 , 07:29 PM | #4
If this issue isn't resolved soon I'm going to unsub and resub once it's fixed.
The Shadowlands
Thire(55) Haythom(55) Ortel'fez(55) A'din(55) Halusia(55)
<HoneyBadgers>

DoctorWhoTardis
02.21.2013 , 07:31 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by CaptianFordo View Post
If this issue isn't resolved soon I'm going to unsub and resub once it's fixed.
How ? you can't acces to you sub option

aatyas
02.21.2013 , 07:34 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by DoctorWhoTardis View Post
I am having the same problem. Tried the PTS server- now Im locked out of game. Even reset in case password problem. Cant even log on to account to write. Last time i had a problem with my key it took 2 hours waiting on phone. Thank god it was skype.

Please have a way to remove the security key online rather that calling- this is frequent enough that its a pain to wait for 2-3 hours.
Aatyas, Jedi Knight / Satyas, Smuggler
Vulkar Highway

CaptianFordo
02.21.2013 , 07:36 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by DoctorWhoTardis View Post
I just realized that... which makes me sad. I can't even punish them for bad customer service.

(This is the 6th time this has happened since launch)
The Shadowlands
Thire(55) Haythom(55) Ortel'fez(55) A'din(55) Halusia(55)
<HoneyBadgers>

generalarchie
02.21.2013 , 07:39 PM | #8
i cant EVEN CONTACT THEM FROM overseas dont tell me to call so expensive to call them not to mention the phone said to me the num doesnt exist some SERVICE!

aatyas
02.21.2013 , 07:44 PM | #9
Since I cant login I've been reading forums. Apparently this is a common problem after doing the PTS. One post said they were trying to resolve it and its a problem. In that case- why couldn't they put a note on the site saying before trying out the PTS- please note problems with security key etc. If I had known I would have not tried the PTS.

If it happens enough that its a known problem- WHY CANT THEY INFORM US??? There is no mention of these problems on the site informing about the PTS going live - even now.

Been supporting from 2009- so rather disappointed that we have to read its a problem after the fact.
Vulkar Highway

aatyas
02.21.2013 , 07:45 PM | #10
Im also overseas. Im using the skype number- but that a long wait. Yep- we have a problem and they charge us for the call to fix it!
Vulkar Highway