Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Hold the Line Available to all Troopers

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Hold the Line Available to all Troopers

MishraArtificer
02.21.2013 , 12:41 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Bleeters View Post
"Grants 8 seconds of immunity from all movement-impairing effects, knockdowns and physics and increases movement speed by 30%."

Stuns aren't movement impairing effects, knockdowns or physics. They're, y'know, stuns.
Funny...when mobs are granted immunity to "movement-impairing effects", my Cryo Grenade (four second stun) doesn't work on them. Hold the line doesn't do the same thing?
Quote: Originally Posted by CosmicKat View Post
Twiki (with or without Dr. Theopolis), Muffet, and Wesley Crusher could form a boy band and do a Buck Rogers/BSG/Trek crossover tour, then crash on a remote asteroid, meet up with Doctoor Zee, and save themselves by making a spaceship out of random Cylon debris... and it would still be much less stupid than Jar Jar.
Behold...my referral link!

Keypek
02.21.2013 , 12:46 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by MishraArtificer View Post
Funny...when mobs are granted immunity to "movement-impairing effects", my Cryo Grenade (four second stun) doesn't work on them. Hold the line doesn't do the same thing?
Nope, never has and the wording hasn't changed on it. So assuming it is exactly the same as it has always been. If that's the case then I'll just repost what I said on the PTS where someone else was confused about it....

Yeah, as said HTL does not give you immunity to cc or interupts. People usually misunderstand what it does when they first use it. It gives you immunity to knockbacks and other physic like cc. Means you won't get pushed, snared, rooted, or pulled. It does NOT mean you are immune to stun or mezz. So tread those fire pits lightly.

Also, the speed buff is like any other speed buff (aside from transcendence) in that it only gives you the buff while in combat. So if you hit it out of combat you won't be going 30% faster.
K'mpek/Keypek or some variation
Vanguard dps for nim progression. 55s=1 of everything.
Undercon__ ICE Breaker>Corellian Run>The Shadowlands

Frostbyt
03.01.2013 , 02:08 PM | #13
Maybe now I'll actually be able to survive crossing the void star bridge.
The Harbinger, Krath Origin
Frost'byte PT • Frost'bite OpMed • Frostbit Sorc • Nomadis Mara • Fróstbite Sniper
Armor'mech CombatMedic • Armsdealer GS • $%^&2 Guard

CaptMichael
03.20.2013 , 09:24 PM | #14
as being one of five (if that ) people that runs tactics on my server i don't like it. now it makes the tactics tree even more unappealing imo. wish they would have buffed tactics instead . but im ok with commandos getting it they need all they help they can get.
Michaell, Mykels, Dirty'Dan
Kil-roy, Mikels, Kilroy-jr, Mikells
GM of PvPness
Dreshdae Cantina---->Shadowlands

ChaoticDynamite
03.20.2013 , 09:58 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by CaptMichael View Post
as being one of five (if that ) people that runs tactics on my server i don't like it. now it makes the tactics tree even more unappealing imo. wish they would have buffed tactics instead . but im ok with commandos getting it they need all they help they can get.
That's exactly how I feel Tactics just lost its appeal with HTL available to all troopers.
If theres one thing SWTOR taught me about PvP is don't hope don't ever hope just start building up your tolerance level.