Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Kaggath Suggestions...

Ventessel
02.20.2013 , 10:20 PM | #141
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
Um... no. Nihilus is more than the Hunger. While that is what personafies him, he does have powerful abilities of his own. Dark Healing, Sever Force, Force lightning, Force Scream as well as Distant Power (among other powers). He also pulled the Ravager from the shadows of Malachor, and held it together through his power. His lightsaber form is interesting. I don't believe his chosen form is known, but I would consider him a user of Djem So or Juyo as he was very agressive.

He isn't limited to the Hunger, but I agree that he isn't Nihilus without it.

I didn't quite mean that he had NO other powers, just that his only distinctly powerful ability (more so than any other Sith of his time) was his abilities to drain and sever force connections.

As for Dark Healing, I'm curious where you heard that he had this ability. To my knowledge it wasn't really touched on until Legacy Era, and even then I always felt it ran counter to the nature of the dark side (drain vs. heal).

Although you're right that his telekinetic powers were formidable, weren't that something of an outgrowth of his raw power with the force? Drawn in part from the energy he consumed when he fed?
The Heir to ChaosAdded Chapter Sixteen-- 17 APR 2013
“People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.” ~ George Orwell

Aurbere
02.20.2013 , 10:26 PM | #142
Quote: Originally Posted by Ventessel View Post
I didn't quite mean that he had NO other powers, just that his only distinctly powerful ability (more so than any other Sith of his time) was his abilities to drain and sever force connections.

As for Dark Healing, I'm curious where you heard that he had this ability. To my knowledge it wasn't really touched on until Legacy Era, and even then I always felt it ran counter to the nature of the dark side (drain vs. heal).

Although you're right that his telekinetic powers were formidable, weren't that something of an outgrowth of his raw power with the force? Drawn in part from the energy he consumed when he fed?
No wait. It wasn't Dark Healing. I meant Dark Rage, but I was working on something else and my thoughts got mixed up.

Edit: So I got the post edited. On to your other points.

Discussing Dark Healing. You can learn more here.

Nihilus had raw power. IIRC, his power had destroyed his body, forcing him to encase his body in the armor we see in KOTOR 2.

As for the Hunger. I don't think he gained power from his eating (hence 'om nom'). It's late where I am so my mind is scattered right now.
Added Chapter 61 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Selenial
02.20.2013 , 10:51 PM | #143
[COLOR="DarkGreen"]

I was speaking more of a versus perspective, not a Kaggath. A Kaggath would be in favor of KOTOR 1 as Carth has a fleet, and I don't think any of the KOTOR 2 crew was ever a fleet commander (other than Surik).
Pfft, verus perspective yeh... The only thing Kotor 1 crew would have Versus wise is Carth screaming "Down you go" whilst firing in random directions...
The Mandalorian Wars were a series of massacres that masked another war, a war of conversion. Culminating in a final atrocity that no Jedi could walk away from… save one.
Zarys Sorcerer Cathinka Seeliara Sage
The Gate Crashing, Dragon Slaying, Eternal Warrior from Beyond.

Ventessel
02.20.2013 , 10:57 PM | #144
No wait. It wasn't Dark Healing. I meant Dark Rage, but I was working on something else and my thoughts got mixed up.

Edit: So I got the post edited. On to your other points.

Discussing Dark Healing. You can learn more here.

Nihilus had raw power. IIRC, his power had destroyed his body, forcing him to encase his body in the armor we see in KOTOR 2.

As for the Hunger. I don't think he gained power from his eating (hence 'om nom'). It's late where I am so my mind is scattered right now.
Right, makes more sense than Dark Healing. Also right on the armor, since later down the road Darth Krayt used his holocron to figure out a similar process.

Perhaps it was just that the hunger was a positive feedback cycle, the more he fed, the hungrier he got?
“People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.” ~ George Orwell

Ventessel
02.20.2013 , 11:01 PM | #145
Quote: Originally Posted by Selenial View Post
Pfft, verus perspective yeh... The only thing Kotor 1 crew would have Versus wise is Carth screaming "Down you go" whilst firing in random directions...
What about Jolee Bindo's wisecracking?

Aurbere
02.20.2013 , 11:02 PM | #146
Quote: Originally Posted by Selenial View Post
I'm ROFLing right now. Very well done.

G0-T0 hides in the background and sees Revan. "I was expecting someone taller."

"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Aurbere
02.21.2013 , 12:17 PM | #147
How about the Hutt Cartel?

darthnamel
02.21.2013 , 11:48 PM | #148
Vong vs Galactic Empire. I just wondered.

Wait this is better.

Galatic Empire vs Vong vs Sith Empire

I hate the Vong But this would be seen as interesting.

Ventessel
02.22.2013 , 12:36 AM | #149
Quote: Originally Posted by darthnamel View Post
Vong vs Galactic Empire. I just wondered.

Wait this is better.

Galatic Empire vs Vong vs Sith Empire

I hate the Vong But this would be seen as interesting.
Good matchup, but what period of the Sith/Galactic Empires? I'm assuming Vong on the brink of their invasion of the galaxy.

darthnamel
02.22.2013 , 12:42 AM | #150
Quote: Originally Posted by Ventessel View Post
Good matchup, but what period of the Sith/Galactic Empires? I'm assuming Vong on the brink of their invasion of the galaxy.
Sith Empire is the smallest of the Three so 3/4 of their full strength With super weapons available, since Vong will use their anyways. Galactic roughly 3BBy - 1BBY. So that They can be at their semi-peak, but without those Rebels.