Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

1st Time Voted From a Flashpoint


Strainge's Avatar


Strainge
02.19.2013 , 11:01 PM | #51
I used the exact tactic on the next run of hammer station and it worked perfectly every time. I'm not wrong, because I actually did it. I'm not going to pretend like the people saying my stealth pulled the mob are right to make them feel better. I know for a fact they're wrong because I did it, over and over, and it works fine.

Larry_Dallas's Avatar


Larry_Dallas
02.20.2013 , 12:57 AM | #52
Quote: Originally Posted by Strainge View Post
No. You're wrong. Plain and simple.
Sorry champ. Those droids pull on stealth at 25 meters. Anybody who wants to can verify this. There's one in the first room of Hammer station.

Juggs marauders, sins and powertechs don't have droid CC at 22, mercs don't have any CC at 16. Anyone can confirm this.

Heals don't pull dormant mobs. Anyone can verify this.

And mercs spam the gun so they can heal better, not "for no reason." Any merc healer can verify this.

You wiped a group, were a jerk to them, blamed them on the forums, got kicked, and got exactly nothing right in terms of what they could have been doing wrong and everything wrong in terms of why it couldn't have been your fault.

Cheers.

Larry_Dallas's Avatar


Larry_Dallas
02.20.2013 , 01:01 AM | #53
Quote: Originally Posted by Strainge View Post
I used the exact tactic on the next run of hammer station and it worked perfectly every time. I'm not wrong, because I actually did it. I'm not going to pretend like the people saying my stealth pulled the mob are right to make them feel better. I know for a fact they're wrong because I did it, over and over, and it works fine.
If by "perfectly fine," you mean the mob pulled outside aggro range and the group managed to recover, good for you, but you're still doing it wrong. No reason to stealth by droids and make the flashpoint harder than it needs to be.

Strainge's Avatar


Strainge
02.20.2013 , 04:35 AM | #54
I'm not stealthing by them, I'm force speeding behind them and using my back attack to first pull. Also, it seems anyone who thinks I pulled the group is choosing to ignore the 1st time we wiped when the DPS and I were killing the 1st mob after turning the corner all the way south of that area (the elite mob is north of them) and the healer was the closest to them and pulled their aggro and we wiped. Did I stealth pull them then? I have to officially stop reading this post. It's mind boggling how some people choose what to read, and make up things that didn't even happen to make themselves right.

Strainge's Avatar


Strainge
02.20.2013 , 04:40 AM | #55
Quote: Originally Posted by Larry_Dallas View Post
Sorry champ. Those droids pull on stealth at 25 meters. Anybody who wants to can verify this. There's one in the first room of Hammer station.

Juggs marauders, sins and powertechs don't have droid CC at 22, mercs don't have any CC at 16. Anyone can confirm this.

Heals don't pull dormant mobs. Anyone can verify this.

And mercs spam the gun so they can heal better, not "for no reason." Any merc healer can verify this.

You wiped a group, were a jerk to them, blamed them on the forums, got kicked, and got exactly nothing right in terms of what they could have been doing wrong and everything wrong in terms of why it couldn't have been your fault.

Cheers.
DPS were Merc and Sorc, both had CC. How was I a jerk to them? Where did you even get that from? After the first wipe I asked the healer to stay behind me politely. He start getting all cyber thuggish on me and super defensive. I know for a fact that he pulled the mob. I'm sorry for whatever reason you feel the need to give me ****. Cheers indeed.

Strainge's Avatar


Strainge
02.20.2013 , 04:48 AM | #56
Quote: Originally Posted by TheNahash View Post
Basically, what Keeva just said.
Healing before starting the fight will never pull aggro on the healer, otherwise Scoundrel/Op healers who most of the times put their HoTs on the tank for the procs before the fight starts would never be able to do it without dying in the process.

It could have been a number of things but the healer moving too close to the mobs was probably what pulled aggro.

That said, of course it wasn't your fault. And even if it had been your fault... **** happens and it's not like my pixel-self dying has any real impact on me to care about it. I never vote kick a tank that's not as good as I think he should be. In fact, most of the time, I like (enjoy would be a hyperbole) tanks that do not know EXACTLY what to do because that helps me become better and keeps me on my feet when healing instead of just spamming my heals in a mechanical order.

The only tanks I hate are the ones who don't care about the healer at all. And I'm not talking about guard - that shoudl be on the highest dps - I'm talking about those tanks that will just jump on the next target even though your force/energy/ammo etc is low and you had no time to rest, those that see all mobs in the area attacking you and they just keep taunting that one silver mob like it's their life's goal to keep that one on them...
I'm always super nice and extremely courteous to my group mates. Anyone that has ever grouped with me and my guildmates can attest to that. My main concern is always keeping everyone alive by taking the brunt of the pull. I always work with new players to help them get on track and get better. That's the exact reason why I made this post in the first place. I was nice to the healer after the first pull. He got really defensive, but I ignored it. And after the second time I was even willing to move on to get it done, when I was voted. I'm a good player because I take responsibility when grouping. Obviously you would have to take me at my word, but it seems most are not willing to do that, bashing is so much more fun it seems.

DawnAskham's Avatar


DawnAskham
02.20.2013 , 01:11 PM | #57
Quote: Originally Posted by Strainge View Post
I'm always super nice and extremely courteous to my group mates. Anyone that has ever grouped with me and my guildmates can attest to that. My main concern is always keeping everyone alive by taking the brunt of the pull. I always work with new players to help them get on track and get better. That's the exact reason why I made this post in the first place. I was nice to the healer after the first pull. He got really defensive, but I ignored it. And after the second time I was even willing to move on to get it done, when I was voted. I'm a good player because I take responsibility when grouping. Obviously you would have to take me at my word, but it seems most are not willing to do that, bashing is so much more fun it seems.
Arguing that you have used force speed in the past to close the distance to the mobs before they pulled and that previous groups have survived your poorly thought out plan of stealth attacking this pack in the past does NOT change the fact that standing around doing nothing while near this pack while in stealth will cause the droids to spot you and pull your group into combat.

If you had said to the group or even to others in this thread something like "Well I didn't realize these droids did this, I'll be more careful next time and gee, it might have been my stealth that pulled the group", no one would be telling you to learn to play and to stop being bad.

But you didn't say that. You have continued to say some variant of "Wasn't me, was the healer, the rest of the group was bad" even though I and others who know this pack have pointed out the two elite droids in that group have a passive stealth detection ability.

So all that is left at this point is to ask you to LEARN TO PLAY and to STOP BEING BAD or risk getting kicked again in the future when you do something dumb and refuse to learn or even admit it just might have been your mistake.

TheNahash's Avatar


TheNahash
02.20.2013 , 02:31 PM | #58
Quote: Originally Posted by Strainge View Post
Obviously you would have to take me at my word, but it seems most are not willing to do that, bashing is so much more fun it seems.
ummm... just to be clear... I wasn't bashing you

Daphnemae's Avatar


Daphnemae
02.21.2013 , 09:22 AM | #59
Quote: Originally Posted by Strainge View Post
Hopped on group finder for Hammer Station with my level 19 Sin tank. Both DPS were about my level, our heals was a level 16 Merc. While fighting the 2nd group right after the hallway turn, the Merc backs up too far and pulls aggro on the 3rd mob (the 1 with 2 elites and 3 strong) and we wipe. I asked him nicely to keep close next time if he was unfamiliar with the flashpoint. We rez and approach again. I ask for a cc. The Merc starts blasting me with his gun heal, pulling aggro on the group again, we kill most of them but wipe. Rez, kill the rest. I notice 1 of the DPS initiate a vote to kick me. The heals tells me to leave if I don't know how to tank. As I'm typing to make sure they know the heals messed up I am voted. It's probably best I didn't stay with such an oblivious group. I reminded myself afterwards about tanking Xeno II 16 man HM earlier with my guardian.
I play healers most of the time in every game I play. As my latest healer neared 50 I noticed that even in normal play, not missions, etc., that the npcs got smarter and jumped me when I would use big heals. Of course, so far, this has been true in most games. However, I would like to add that while I may have aggroed at the beginning from putting a HoT on my tank, I'm more inclined on that one to believe it was my activity in the aggro range of the npc that drew the attack.

mikebevo's Avatar


mikebevo
02.21.2013 , 10:22 AM | #60
Quote: Originally Posted by Daphnemae View Post
I play healers most of the time in every game I play. As my latest healer neared 50 I noticed that even in normal play, not missions, etc., that the npcs got smarter and jumped me when I would use big heals. Of course, so far, this has been true in most games. However, I would like to add that while I may have aggroed at the beginning from putting a HoT on my tank, I'm more inclined on that one to believe it was my activity in the aggro range of the npc that drew the attack.
Iíve seen that too and not just with big heals. In HM TfB on Ciphas, Heirad and Kelsara, Vanguard tank was waiting to pull while Sage got out bubbles and I was stacking upper hand on my sawbones. Vanguard was close, but had not pulled, and he must had been standing there for 5 mins. When I stacked two slow-released medpac (HoTs) on the Vanguard tank we pulled. I was beyond range to pull, behind at least 4 other people right at 30m from the tank, but I had aggro. So while I agree that heals alone will not pull aggro, heals and proximity of healer or healerís target will pull aggro. Now I just stack HoTs on me and anyone behind me while stacking Upper hand before a pull.

Have to say, good group too, they didn't blame, they did moan about the pull. They went right into their jobs and we did not wipe. Just have to say that because I have seen way to many inadvertent pulls in HMFP end in a wipe for no other reason than people typing insults rather than playing the game and I have to give my group credit for covering my mistake.