Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Barsen'thor vs Hero of Tython

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Barsen'thor vs Hero of Tython

rngeasterling
02.11.2013 , 08:40 AM | #21
Thanks for thee feedback guys! Sorry that the original question was a bit short and to the point, I had to post it on my kindle and its super difficult to type one-handed. Alright, back on topic. Lets all assume that the knight...

Spoiler

drfumblez
02.11.2013 , 05:53 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Wicked View Post
Sorry but no...

Spoiler

So no, they don't do actually the same thing. One does far more than the other.
Yikes, touched a nerve, did I?

They both saved the Jedi Order,
Spoiler

In essence, both saved the Jedi Order. So, yes, it's essentially the same thing.

Quote: Originally Posted by BrianDavion View Post
and if we're gonna throw act 2 and 3 into the mix let's be honest here..

Spoiler
Ok, I hate to be "that grammar guy", but you are using a machine that an autocorrect any actual word in the known English language. Please use it.

On your actual point,
Spoiler

So you see, the JK doesn't invalidate the JC's accomplishments, especially since
Spoiler

/5char

Merras
02.11.2013 , 06:26 PM | #23
and if we're gonna throw act 2 and 3 into the mix let's be honest here..

Spoiler
Except...

Spoiler

Darth_Wicked
02.12.2013 , 03:24 AM | #24
you also have no evidance the hand was telling the truth. I mean there's plenty of motivation for the hand to lie to the wraith about the facts here.
You have no evidence that says otherwise. Until you do, let's stick to what we see in the actual game, shall we?

Quote: Originally Posted by drfumblez View Post
Yikes, touched a nerve, did I?

They both saved the Jedi Order,
Spoiler

In essence, both saved the Jedi Order. So, yes, it's essentially the same thing.
Again, they do not...

Spoiler

So once more, it's not the same thing. Feel free to stay in denial though. All the same to me.

_biddan_
02.12.2013 , 12:50 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Wicked View Post
You have no evidence that says otherwise. Until you do, let's stick to what we see in the actual game, shall we?

Again, they do not...

Spoiler

So once more, it's not the same thing. Feel free to stay in denial though. All the same to me.
maybe you should understand that even the smuggler could have saved tatooine.

Spoiler
The Red Eclipse

Caesar Legacy
Legacy lvl 50

Darth_Wicked
02.14.2013 , 05:24 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by _biddan_ View Post
maybe you should understand that even the smuggler could have saved tatooine.

Spoiler
Spoiler

TralyanSavo
02.14.2013 , 12:28 PM | #27
Sith Warrior spoiler that pertains to the JK story:

Spoiler

Anyway, canon wise, don't really see an edge to either one. The JK's big thing is that he can resist the Emperor's mind control ability. The Consular is just great with the Force and knows that healing ritual thing that no one else knows. Neither of those really give an advantage to a 1 v 1 matchup.
Ryaffil (Shadow Tank, Main) - Ryaffia (Guardian) - Odinsun (Sentinel) - Mintass (Commando) - Ryaffam (Gunslinger)
Tralyan (Sorcerer) - Echeara (Juggernaut) - Cran (Mercenary) - Zobess (Operative)
Death Mark - The Shadowlands

Oxades
02.14.2013 , 02:30 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by _biddan_ View Post
the barsen'thor is WAAAAAAY more powerful in the force compared to the hero of tython.
I agree, but as we have seen in The Emperor Vs. Mace all that power isnít any good when the guy with the lightsabre doesnít give you a chance to use it.

Allronix
02.21.2013 , 01:38 AM | #29
While it's not canon in the slightest? I'm a Shadow with no alts...and I killed the Emperor for the second time last night. Y'see, I campaign with Knights, and twice they've invited me along on their challenge to Darth Cthulu.

I was expecting to be the squishy one. Not the case. Both times, here's the Guardian taking a nap on the floor, and Cthulu eats my double-bladed saber.

Overall, it's a wash. The Knight's the "Chosen One," the celebrity, the guy who is going to be famous. They get bloodstripes on Corellia. They get a Sith Pureblood to switch sides. They kill several Darths and shut down massive superweapons. They go right up to Darth Cthulu and banish him, beating back the threat to all life. Their life will be made into dozens of holofilms. Their name will be a rallying cry for the Order. They're liable to have a statue in the rebuilt Jedi Temple on Coruscant and their life used as an example for generations of Padawans.

The Consular might be remembered only for their title, maybe an obscure footnote in the Jedi archives. It's not their name that's going to hit the history books. The Consular is the one who works behind the scenes, taking out the sneaky enemies, assassins, and Darth Cthulu's Manchurian Agent network. They're the ones who stabilize the political situation of the planets the other three Republic classes will visit, recruit badly needed allies, and make sure that Knight fights one enemy at a time instead of a dozen he can't see. Breaking the whole Children of the Emperor network also helps the Knight, doubly so if the Knight's a guy with a forbidden romance going on. Now, he won't have to worry about Kira.
Alylia Terel of Bergen Colony
Offering Assistance to Friends of the Republic. World Bosses, Imperials, and Sith defeated. Datacrons procured and worlds explored.

Kalrenan
02.21.2013 , 02:21 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Allronix View Post
While it's not canon in the slightest? I'm a Shadow with no alts...and I killed the Emperor for the second time last night. Y'see, I campaign with Knights, and twice they've invited me along on their challenge to Darth Cthulu.

I was expecting to be the squishy one. Not the case. Both times, here's the Guardian taking a nap on the floor, and Cthulu eats my double-bladed saber.

Overall, it's a wash. The Knight's the "Chosen One," the celebrity, the guy who is going to be famous. They get bloodstripes on Corellia. They get a Sith Pureblood to switch sides. They kill several Darths and shut down massive superweapons. They go right up to Darth Cthulu and banish him, beating back the threat to all life. Their life will be made into dozens of holofilms. Their name will be a rallying cry for the Order. They're liable to have a statue in the rebuilt Jedi Temple on Coruscant and their life used as an example for generations of Padawans.

The Consular might be remembered only for their title, maybe an obscure footnote in the Jedi archives. It's not their name that's going to hit the history books. The Consular is the one who works behind the scenes, taking out the sneaky enemies, assassins, and Darth Cthulu's Manchurian Agent network. They're the ones who stabilize the political situation of the planets the other three Republic classes will visit, recruit badly needed allies, and make sure that Knight fights one enemy at a time instead of a dozen he can't see. Breaking the whole Children of the Emperor network also helps the Knight, doubly so if the Knight's a guy with a forbidden romance going on. Now, he won't have to worry about Kira.
And... if both are truly Jedi, the "power struggle" here presented is irrelevant. They are working together, in complete sync. "There's no chaos, there's harmony", says the Jedi Code.
Kalrenan Starstrider, Jedi Knight.

"There is no death, there is the Force."
- The Jedi Code