Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Glacial Fissure and Clabburn Tundra map on Hoth

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
Glacial Fissure and Clabburn Tundra map on Hoth

mooimachicken
02.10.2012 , 07:01 AM | #1
i cant full explore both these maps on Hoth, any ideas or help on where i should explore to fully unlock the map??

mooimachicken
02.10.2012 , 02:36 PM | #2
bump, anyone?

TheCoug
02.11.2012 , 02:17 AM | #3
Do the bonus series and you should have explored most of it. Anything else just discover for yourself. Some of the areas that appear unexplorable are actually mountains.
Darth Coug | Tyranus Legacy | Scourge of the Jedi
lvl 50 Sith Marauder
<The Nerf Herders> | Guildmaster | Cho Mai Server

Maranea
02.11.2012 , 05:18 AM | #4
I've fully discovered Hoth, so it's possible. Without some more info on the exact areas you're having trouble with we can't help you much. Only thing I can say is that some areas can be a bit hard to reach.

usblues
02.28.2012 , 07:04 PM | #5
First of all if you don't uncover these two maps fully but explore the rest of Hoth the world map will still fully uncover and these maps will remain uncovered.

To uncover the Clabburn Tundra, you need to discover the plateau on the east side. To reach it you must come in from western Highmount Ridge. The same idea applies for Glacial Fissure: the plateau on the west side needs to be discovered coming in from eastern Highmount Ridge.

Just did it. It works.

LanaSangien
02.20.2013 , 11:10 PM | #6
It took me a while to figure it out because the hexes are dark, but there's also a small 3-hex area along the road north of the Imperial outpost. It's a heroic area called Republic Shuttle Crash Site, or something similar. Hope this helps someone.
Proud to serve? Go to militarygamers.com and join our close-knit community. We support dozens of games on PC, PS3, and XBox360.

DeadCenter
05.08.2013 , 02:14 AM | #7
usblues is correct. My entire Hoth map was showing up so I didn't know exactly where to check, but it is exactly as usblues described & I got the achievement just now. So I confirm his solution is correct.

Shaide
06.05.2013 , 02:19 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by usblues View Post
To uncover the Clabburn Tundra, you need to discover the plateau on the east side. To reach it you must come in from western Highmount Ridge. The same idea applies for Glacial Fissure: the plateau on the west side needs to be discovered coming in from eastern Highmount Ridge.

Just did it. It works.
Just tried this and did not find a way across from Highmount Ridge, it was all cliff.

OwenP
06.05.2013 , 05:03 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Shaide View Post
Just tried this and did not find a way across from Highmount Ridge, it was all cliff.
From memory I found a spot near the top section of the undiscovered Ridge area and just jumped up and down hugging the cliff wall and eventually the area pops and you have the map uncovered. It's the same trick I use when near opposition bases with walls, just hug the perimeter (away from the guard locations) and jump up and down until the map uncovers. Hope that helps.
He's no good to me dead

Gidrea
06.06.2013 , 12:53 PM | #10
You enter Clabburn Tundra from the north if you are Repubic (Travel sound from the main base) or from the south if you are Imperial. (There's a base at the edge, sorry I don't remember the name of it.)
Gidrea / Sallah / Amandageddon / Mädison / Randava / Lexä / Procaffeincia - The Harbinger
Shock and Jawa / Full Metal Jawa - The family you choose, not the one your parents stuck you with! Join us and be a Jawa!