Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

SURVEY of Rated WZ team composition

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
SURVEY of Rated WZ team composition

Enexemander
02.15.2013 , 06:33 PM | #61
Quote: Originally Posted by UGLYMRJ View Post
I couldn't agree more... which is why I'm even more frustrated with the massive changes coming soon when they could have been tweaking ALL of the classes little by little with each patch.

This is not the way to find balance. You don't build a house of cards by throwing the deck at the wall.
I think you're expecting quite a bit from team Mythic.

These are the guys that made Bright Wizards overpowered in Warhammer and (as far as I know) NEVER nerfed them down to the appropriate level.

Xerain
02.15.2013 , 06:38 PM | #62
Quote: Originally Posted by UGLYMRJ View Post
I couldn't agree more... which is why I'm even more frustrated with the massive changes coming soon when they could have been tweaking ALL of the classes little by little with each patch.

This is not the way to find balance. You don't build a house of cards by throwing the deck at the wall.
Hey! I'm sure there is a magic trick out there somewhere for that! :P.... I got a funny visual of someone trying.

AngelofCain
02.15.2013 , 06:40 PM | #63
Quote: Originally Posted by Xerain View Post
Hey! I'm sure there is a magic trick out there somewhere for that! :P.... I got a funny visual of someone trying.
you should watch the the Heineken commercials featuring skyfall. they build the Kremlin out of cards just by spraying them. it's pretty awesome.
Hallow, ägronä, <Status unknown> -(Concealment Operative)
Elite Warlord (since1.2) // Warzone Annihilator

funkiestj
02.20.2013 , 06:12 PM | #64
Quote: Originally Posted by totherkins View Post
Comp 1
Comp 3

Healer 1: Operative
Healer 2: Operative/mercenary
Healer 3: Sorc(bubble or AoE)
node guard: assassin
DPS 1: carnage mara
DPS 2: jugg smash
DPS 3: sniper
DPS 4: PT(pyro, possibly AP)
The above is the only mention of mercenary (commando) for rateds. Here is the breakdown:
  1. gdn / jugg : 12
  2. sent / mara: 12
  3. sage / sorc: 9
  4. shad / assas: 12
  5. comm / merc : 1 (should this be 1/6?)
  6. vang / pt: 9
  7. scoun / oper: 10
  8. gunsl / sniper: 4

I only counted when folks made it easy. E.g. the quoted post above. If you provided 2 lineups, I counted both (with 3 I ignored one). I had a pad of paper next to me and I made a mark for each mention.

This survey is hardly scientific but it does confirm the obvious: Nobody wants to bring a commando to rateds. slinger / snipers can ride the rated bus but only if they sit in back. The rest of the advanced classes are reasonably well represented.

I didn't bother tracking which class and/or tree was being used.

It would be nice if BW could share some of their community composition metrics for the rated WZ community. E.g. the above but for everyone rated above X. It would also be interesting to see breakdowns of specs used for ACs based on WZ. I would think that if, in a single WZ, folks use many different specs on a single class that would be a good thing. If commandos healers are endangered species in RWZ then commando DPS are extinct.

Thanks for participating.

TANGENT: did commando/merc get a PvP buff on PTS 2.0?

Mr. Hat says "BW support is the best"!
I am a bad player, so what?