Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Cathar as a Playable Species

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Cathar as a Playable Species

PyroFennec
02.20.2013 , 05:03 PM | #261
You know, I can understand why people might want another alien race to play as, rather than Cathar. At the same time, to those folks, try to understand that Cathar are the ones that have been promised as the first one. I'm sure if they're received well, it'll serve as extra incentive for the devs to provide more races further down the line.

That said, I don't suppose anyone knows the all-important question of WHEN? I mean, the new race was announced... what, last summer? And now we've got news of patch 2.0 going to the test servers, with no mention of a new race being added.

I'm getting just a teeeeeny tiny little bit impatient here.

primetheous
03.21.2013 , 10:43 PM | #262
I dont know if this concern has been adressed but I sure hope as a subsciber since launch and playing since beta that they dont make the cathar unlockable via cartel market only .
I am as guilty as anyone for supporting the cartel market ive spent hundreds of UK 's on it already but i just hope they dont make subs pay .there are many things on cartle market which should have been included in a content update instrad for free ..
I can say with a fearfull heart that because the cartel market has become a good source of income for what was a struggling game we may see stuff sold rather than given if that is the case make the F2P model the same as TSW or GW2 and have no subs and buy everything not both .i realy am getting disheartened please give me back my faith in this game ..
MMO'ing for the older generation since 1998
Drax'cashile 55 operative: Shiva'nyx 55 sniper: Prime'zalek 55 sorc: Blake'torben 55 merc: Virax 55 jug: Thanna 55 marauder: Zavina 55 sorc
Lumin'kaarz 55 smuggler: Torben'kane 55 trooper: Yasmal 55 sage: Yazmil 55 sentinel

PowerJediRanger
03.23.2013 , 09:18 PM | #263
My guess for what class may get the Cathar is the Jedi Knight, Trooper, Smuggler and the Bounty Hunter. That's just me.
"Do or do not, there is no try."

PyroFennec
03.24.2013 , 07:51 PM | #264
Considering they're going to be a cartel market item last I heard (though admittedly I can't find *official* confirmation of this anywhere, so take it for what it's worth), I doubt any class is going to "get" them. Rather, they'll most likely work as any other market-bought race unlock, becoming available to all classes right from the start.

Rincewend
03.25.2013 , 09:00 PM | #265
Quote: Originally Posted by PyroFennec View Post
Considering they're going to be a cartel market item last I heard (though admittedly I can't find *official* confirmation of this anywhere, so take it for what it's worth), I doubt any class is going to "get" them. Rather, they'll most likely work as any other market-bought race unlock, becoming available to all classes right from the start.
I remember reading this too, a long, long time ago. No idea if it was offical or a drive to make sure it did not go this way. Would be nice if it was a expansion reward but they would lose out on all those people who would pay extra for it.

Just want to ask who is going to clean up fleet? I can see the hairballs already starting to pile up in the corners.

PyroFennec
03.26.2013 , 01:27 PM | #266
Quote: Originally Posted by Rincewend View Post
Just want to ask who is going to clean up fleet? I can see the hairballs already starting to pile up in the corners.
Put shock collars on Skadge and Kaliyo, and a restraining bolt on Scorpio, hand them a mop, and you're all set.

Republic stations presumably already come with a de-hairballing system.

stormdrakelord
04.03.2013 , 12:46 PM | #267
? How many people plan on making a Juhani-type character when Cathar comes out (Female, Cathar, Jedi Guardian who, on Makeb, will do the F/F mini-romance)?
Han Solo: Great, kid. Don't get cocky.

ZielAkros
04.03.2013 , 12:53 PM | #268
Will this mini-romance on the new expansion be only F+F? no M+M?

Anyone know?

stormdrakelord
04.03.2013 , 01:02 PM | #269
Quote: Originally Posted by ZielAkros View Post
Will this mini-romance on the new expansion be only F+F? no M+M?

Anyone know?
we know that on the Republic side, the side that I was asking about, will be F+F, but Imps get an M+M.
Han Solo: Great, kid. Don't get cocky.

ZielAkros
04.04.2013 , 07:53 AM | #270
Quote: Originally Posted by stormdrakelord View Post
we know that on the Republic side, the side that I was asking about, will be F+F, but Imps get an M+M.
i aint even mad. EMPIRE HERE I COME!