Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Im feeling all nostalgic bros

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Server Forums > Dalborra
Im feeling all nostalgic bros

MoshhsoM
02.20.2013 , 01:31 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Vindrik View Post
Inaccurate. Power gives you the same amount of bonus ranged damage as it does bonus tech damage. Also you should really be focussing on crit / surge ratings rather than flat percentages, since bonus crit you get from cunning etc isn't calculated in the DR.
That wasnt what I was saying at all >.<

Example time.
Massacre is a melee for marauders. It receives it's dmg from weapon dmg and bonus dmg while the ability called smash only uses force bonus dmg

Massacre = weapon dmg + melee bonus dmg
Smash = force bonus dmg

And the only attack that a scoundrel uses that has weapon dmg is flurry of bolts >.>

So as states before scoundrels benefit hell of a lot less off bonus dmg than melee
Mosh
<Samurai Pizza Cats>
twitch.tv/mosh47

Vindrik
02.20.2013 , 01:34 AM | #12
Also missing what I was saying. Your example is basically saying that there's not as much benefit to having high weapon damage, but has nothing to do with power, since power will give the same benefit to any attack regardless of whether it's ranged, melee or force. At the same time, by having high weapon damage you're also increasing your tech power, which is in turn buffing the strength of your tech attacks, so there is a point in having high weapon damage as well as high power, even if the weapon damage itself isn't impacting your abilities.

MoshhsoM
02.20.2013 , 01:50 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Vindrik View Post
Also missing what I was saying. Your example is basically saying that there's not as much benefit to having high weapon damage, but has nothing to do with power, since power will give the same benefit to any attack regardless of whether it's ranged, melee or force. At the same time, by having high weapon damage you're also increasing your tech power, which is in turn buffing the strength of your tech attacks, so there is a point in having high weapon damage as well as high power, even if the weapon damage itself isn't impacting your abilities.
True.

Then it all comes down to how much the class/spec benefits off bonus dmg or crit
Mosh
<Samurai Pizza Cats>
twitch.tv/mosh47

-Holmes
02.20.2013 , 02:06 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by MoshhsoM View Post
Don't do that high bonus ****, it's garbage

Just make sure crit around 38-40 and bonus damage around 670-690. Personally mines a little high at the moment with 645 bonus and 42% crit but I'm gonna change it to 670 with 40 most likely

Since scoundrels only use tech they get a lot less out of power than a melee does since they get no weapon dmg
When you say "bonus damage around 670-690" you are talking about the (ranged) bonus damage, not the (tech) bonus damage, right? Because it seems I need to stack a lot more power by sacrificing crit to get to 670~ (ranged) bonus, which means that my crit will drop quite below your optimal range of 38~40. If it's the (tech) bonus you're talking about, well... that changes things.

BennyKrak
02.20.2013 , 02:51 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by -Holmes View Post
@darth and krack.
What would your power aim and cunning be sitting at in order to get such ridiculousness of bonus damage?
Aim about 150 I think? (got all the aim datacrons)
Cunning 1984
Power ~1050 (if I remember correctly)

Also, you guys have to keep in mind that I play heal spec for the most part these days, not scrapper/concealment. Hence why I went for the higher power to increase my overall heal output.
Krackers || Kozlovsky
The Krackers Legacy
Samurai Pizza Cats | Just Relax | Your Companion

MoshhsoM
02.20.2013 , 03:01 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by -Holmes View Post
When you say "bonus damage around 670-690" you are talking about the (ranged) bonus damage, not the (tech) bonus damage, right? Because it seems I need to stack a lot more power by sacrificing crit to get to 670~ (ranged) bonus, which means that my crit will drop quite below your optimal range of 38~40. If it's the (tech) bonus you're talking about, well... that changes things.
Ranged bonus needs to be that range. Think that's like 940 tech bonus dmg.

I just observed who scared my melee the most and went off their stats. As for how to play the class, learned that from getting my sentinel and guardians *** beat by Heala million times in a row and then by Celo eventually.
Mosh
<Samurai Pizza Cats>
twitch.tv/mosh47

-Holmes
02.20.2013 , 03:11 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by MoshhsoM View Post
Ranged bonus needs to be that range. Think that's like 940 tech bonus dmg.

I just observed who scared my melee the most and went off their stats. As for how to play the class, learned that from getting my sentinel and guardians *** beat by Heala million times in a row and then by Celo eventually.
So for that 38 crit and 670 bonus, have you taken up any EWH parts?

Dafydil
02.20.2013 , 04:49 PM | #18
Scandal Baby. Love you Tiemie. <3
Dafydil merc (Midian)
Jazre mando (Don't Panic)

darthnish
02.20.2013 , 11:36 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Dafydil View Post
Scandal Baby. Love you Tiemie. <3
<3 i miss you guys ]:

BazjamB
02.22.2013 , 07:20 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by darthnish View Post
<3 i miss you guys ]:
Snivy i haven't seen you in ages. I need your scoundrels heals
▀azjam - Sentinel // Aangelo - Vanguard // ─nge - Shadow // Angedude - Mercenary //
Angelo - Operative