Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

A Summary of Increased Repair Cost Problems (for BW/EA)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
A Summary of Increased Repair Cost Problems (for BW/EA)
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Urael
02.20.2013 , 02:36 PM | #1211
Quote: Originally Posted by Osryri View Post
If they were concerned with what they did they wouldnt have lost 70% of the players.
Quote: Originally Posted by Zataos View Post
Truer words have never been written.
Indeed.

Failed experiment on EAware's part. Too many people unsubbed and forced their hand. They were wrong again as usual. I won't be resubbing. A few more days left to lurk.

BobaScott
02.20.2013 , 02:43 PM | #1212
Quote: Originally Posted by Osryri View Post
... lost 70% of the players.
{{Citation needed}}

DarthVitrial
02.20.2013 , 02:53 PM | #1213
Wow, thanks for the response, BW.
Guess I can afford to keep running ops after all.

Valdartak
02.20.2013 , 02:58 PM | #1214
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post

As a thank you for your patience during this time, we will also be reducing ALL repair costs by 50% once the aforementioned change goes in with the next scheduled maintenance. This will last all the way through until early access to Rise of the Hutt Cartel launches.
Imo, forget the 50%. Just fix it and let it go. Let everyone get used to the "real" repairs instead of taking the chance of messing it up even more and giving some more reasons to cry foul.

mothear
02.20.2013 , 02:58 PM | #1215
Not long until the Spring so we can start this all over again

Raiders
02.20.2013 , 03:07 PM | #1216
I would like to thanks all people who whatever the reason supported all of us who claimed that the repair cost was way too high.

All efforts in posting and explaining why we were upset, all the details we had to write to all guys who were just giving us great advises like "just die less or go grind more dailies"...

Thanks to all guys who decided to cancel their subs (like me) as we understand and believe that MONEY is something which can also make them hear us.

Have fun and take care all

RorCorps
02.20.2013 , 03:17 PM | #1217
Quote: Originally Posted by Valdartak View Post
Imo, forget the 50%. Just fix it and let it go. Let everyone get used to the "real" repairs instead of taking the chance of messing it up even more and giving some more reasons to cry foul.
Yep, when this 'gift' gets reverted to normal there will be massive QQ about the 'heinous' repair cost increase.

fuskr
02.20.2013 , 03:19 PM | #1218
I just had to pay 10k on my lvl 15 sage gear, wasnt destroyed either, just yellow. GG BW!

TUXs
02.20.2013 , 03:34 PM | #1219
Quote: Originally Posted by RorCorps View Post
Yep, when this 'gift' gets reverted to normal there will be massive QQ about the 'heinous' repair cost increase.
Not a chance. I assure you, there will be 10x's more people who remember this and defend Bioware than there will be complainers.
All warfare is based on deception. Attack him where he is unprepared, appear where you are not expected. If his forces are united, separate them. If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near. A leader leads by example not by force.

kevlarto
02.20.2013 , 03:45 PM | #1220
Quote: Originally Posted by Urael View Post
Indeed.

Failed experiment on EAware's part. Too many people unsubbed and forced their hand. They were wrong again as usual. I won't be resubbing. A few more days left to lurk.
Don't know if it was an experiment or not, but I figured they looked at metrics, seen huge decline in raiding over the weekend, had a huge batch of folks un-sub and the exit survey stated that repair costs was one of many reasons, they had no choice, I don't believe they did any of this for me and you they did it to save thier own bacon, and revenue.

But for what ever reason, I am glad they did in the end, they still have a lot to learn about customer service thats for sure..
Do not dwell in the past, do not not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.

Expectations lead to suffering