Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

A Summary of Increased Repair Cost Problems (for BW/EA)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
A Summary of Increased Repair Cost Problems (for BW/EA)
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

MrLeee
02.20.2013 , 12:32 PM | #1191
Now if we could only get the GTN changed back to where we can enter 2 letters again!

:P
Prefers blasters over hokey religions and ancient weapons.

MillionsKNives
02.20.2013 , 12:41 PM | #1192
Quote: Originally Posted by LarryRow View Post
Leaving us hanging on this for 5 days was a bad move. Not only is it viewed as bad customer service, but it's just bad business. You guys need to start getting out in front of issues like this. Be proactive, not reactive.

It probably would have also been smart to more carefully scrutinize the code that calculates repair costs. It honestly sounds like one person's dumb mistake caused this whole mess.

You ultimately made the right decision on how to handle this. Now let's see how you implement it. If I were you, I'd post frequent warnings that repair costs will be going back up at the end of the 50% discount. I would also strongly consider phasing out the discount slowly. Raise it by 10 percentage points per week leading up to RotHC, for example. Players will be able to get used to the new costs and every week prices rise, it means we are one week closer to the expansion.
This is the second business day since they said they were going to look into it. That's 1 day of waiting. Just because you had nothing better to do over the long weekend doesn't mean they didn't.

Dainter
02.20.2013 , 12:49 PM | #1193
Things I don't understand:

1) so repair bills are still high until next tuesday when the next maintenance happens?

2) repair costs used to be based on the shell value and not the mods/enh/arm. then it got changed/fixed/corrected/whatever to be the shells and the mods and the prices went waaaaaaaaaaay up. seemingly that means the mods/enh/arm caused the masive increase. wouldn't backing out the shell from where it is now just be a very low decrease?? you'd just be subtracting what the old repair costs were from what the new repair costs are to get an adjusted repair cost.....this won't satisfy people. i guess that is why they are doing the 50% off that as well.

perhaps I have both of these things way wrong. can anyone shed light on these subjects?

DarthTHC
02.20.2013 , 12:52 PM | #1194
Quote: Originally Posted by Dainter View Post
Things I don't understand:

1) so repair bills are still high until next tuesday when the next maintenance happens?

2) repair costs used to be based on the shell value and not the mods/enh/arm. then it got changed/fixed/corrected/whatever to be the shells and the mods and the prices went waaaaaaaaaaay up. seemingly that means the mods/enh/arm caused the masive increase. wouldn't backing out the shell from where it is now just be a very low decrease?? you'd just be subtracting what the old repair costs were from what the new repair costs are to get an adjusted repair cost.....this won't satisfy people. i guess that is why they are doing the 50% off that as well.

perhaps I have both of these things way wrong. can anyone shed light on these subjects?

There's another thread in which a player tested repairs using various shells. The testing proved that the shell contributed substantially to repair costs while mods, armorings, etc. contributed minimally.

This is what Joveth said they're fixing. And it's the right move. It removes the negative impact of using expensive shells and participating in group activities.
Human beings see oppression vividly when they're the victims. Otherwise they victimize blindly and without a thought. ~ Isaac Bashevis Singer

johnnyreece
02.20.2013 , 12:52 PM | #1195
Thanks, Joveth! My guild can finally get back to progression raiding again!
Neldiahr, Sith Sorcerer Gibsenne, Imperial Operative
Neldienne, Powertech Smash'Kitteh, Meowauder

Dainter
02.20.2013 , 12:59 PM | #1196
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthTHC View Post
There's another thread in which a player tested repairs using various shells. The testing proved that the shell contributed substantially to repair costs while mods, armorings, etc. contributed minimally.

This is what Joveth said they're fixing. And it's the right move. It removes the negative impact of using expensive shells and participating in group activities.

thank you for the clarification. i try to stay up to date on the boards, but i completely missed that thread.

chuixupu
02.20.2013 , 01:14 PM | #1197
Thank you for addressing the repair costs, Bioware. My fear in the future would be that if we would have a hard time pugging a person to work on a progression boss....in fact I think we were already seeing the effects of that. You don't want to discourage risk taking.
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

Dainter
02.20.2013 , 01:22 PM | #1198
Quote: Originally Posted by johnnyreece View Post
Thanks, Joveth! My guild can finally get back to progression raiding again!
the way i read the posting you will have to wait until the next maintenance patch to get back to raiding. maybe that will be sooner rather than later. but if it is tuesday then no raiding this weekend for you.

LarryRow
02.20.2013 , 01:23 PM | #1199
Quote: Originally Posted by MillionsKNives View Post
This is the second business day since they said they were going to look into it. That's 1 day of waiting. Just because you had nothing better to do over the long weekend doesn't mean they didn't.
Please! I wish I'd had a long weekend. Even so, noon on Friday to noon today is two "business" days, not 1. Hardly the point though.

If they want to keep banker hours, that's their choice, but it has consequences, namely that they may not have systems in place to react nimbly and quickly to serious issues.

Remember how much credit Oreo got for tweeting during the Superbowl blackout. I bet you think all those marketers should have been at Superbowl parties, right?
A classic sig that should not be lost:
Quote:
Stunned , pew pew hack slash , stunned , running backward circles, stunned cannot move, pew pew, break stun, 30 second snare, wha?!?!!? stunned, knockdown, ...less stun more pew pew and hacknslash please.

ivanhedgehog
02.20.2013 , 01:25 PM | #1200
Quote: Originally Posted by MillionsKNives View Post
do you honestly think they get presidents day off? The post office and banks are closed for that one, no one else.