Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

new planets in next expansion

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
new planets in next expansion

elfbearpig
02.16.2013 , 11:18 PM | #1
what planets would you guys like to see in the next expansion after rise of the hutt cartel?
i personally wouldnt mind a naboo geonosis or kamino ive got some good ideas behind these 3 and would love to see what they were like at this time period

dewayne
02.16.2013 , 11:23 PM | #2
from what i heard few months back after makeb was first announced. they already had a working frame for full expanison. just what i heard from the street. but i hope to Menaan or maybe dantooine 300yrs later
Darlenee, Dewaynee Morningstar
Republic Trooper, Jedi Knight
I'm a life taker and a heartbreaker

elfbearpig
02.16.2013 , 11:29 PM | #3
they wouldnt make it 300 years later due to the fact that your characters wouldnt be alive in that timeframe but that would be cool if they cryo froze u or something

jovianus
02.17.2013 , 12:00 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by elfbearpig View Post
they wouldnt make it 300 years later due to the fact that your characters wouldnt be alive in that timeframe but that would be cool if they cryo froze u or something
I think he's referring to the fact that SWTOR is set 300 years after the events of KotOR, ie the last time we saw Menaan and Dantooine.

dewayne
02.17.2013 , 12:03 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by jovianus View Post
I think he's referring to the fact that SWTOR is set 300 years after the events of KotOR, ie the last time we saw Menaan and Dantooine.

yes i am. sorry bout that
Darlenee, Dewaynee Morningstar
Republic Trooper, Jedi Knight
I'm a life taker and a heartbreaker

PowerJediRanger
02.18.2013 , 09:16 PM | #6
I say Yavin 4.
"Do or do not, there is no try."

BradTheImpaler
02.18.2013 , 09:46 PM | #7
^ I agree about Dantooine and Manaan.
Maybe Kashyyyk, because Wookiees, or Taloraan because a gas giant with cities would be a neat new sort of environment for SWTOR.

Haruun Kal would be perfect, as Korunnai are said to be descendents of Jedi who crashed there during the Great Sith War a couple of generations or so prior to KOTOR's time.
In the Imperial Army, it takes more courage to retreat than to advance.

GladonHaan
02.19.2013 , 12:34 PM | #8
I'd personally like to see something new. Possibly Arkania due to the fact that the Arkanians played a large role in the KOTAR comics. I'd like to see how the world has changed for the offshoots, the genetically altered, in superior race. Or even a planet like Ithor and the lore of the mysterious forests, and the Ithorian Force Tradition. Or maybe Dathomir and the Force Witches!

hunterthesloth
02.20.2013 , 10:46 AM | #9
There are plenty of planets that would be awsome for an expantion(taloraan!!), but from a marketing perspective, it would be most efficiant to use planets that non-hardcore star wars fans have heard of.
I think naboo would be a great planet because of the fact you could have the underwater gungan citys, along with the countryside, and citys such as theed.
Kashyyyk would be great because wookies are such a great part of the star wars universe.
Geonisious(sorry for bad spelling) would be excellent because of the arenas. It would be a great basis for some kind of arena style pvp.
Also, yavin 4 because in the knost dural jurnal entries it talks about the dark temples, which could be a great plot basis.
Imperial Entanglements
The Blackwalker Legacy
"...Your only hope for survival is complete and utter loyalty"
Its Star Wars not Ground Wars

JDCHobson
02.20.2013 , 10:50 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by GladonHaan View Post
I'd personally like to see something new. Possibly Arkania due to the fact that the Arkanians played a large role in the KOTAR comics. I'd like to see how the world has changed for the offshoots, the genetically altered, in superior race. Or even a planet like Ithor and the lore of the mysterious forests, and the Ithorian Force Tradition. Or maybe Dathomir and the Force Witches!
Dathomir !!! good idea. the dead sisters. would love to kill a few of them.
Lugenn LVL 50 Merc