Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Ranked Warzone Development League

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Server Forums > Jedi Covenant
Ranked Warzone Development League

SEANeD
02.19.2013 , 07:24 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by EnzoForMe View Post
Ah I see now. Well for the reasons Panser gave having a consistent team will be better if you are trying to improve enough to play competitively with LD and Unc. Gl.
Thanks. And a set team is ideal but like panser said, ppl will get butthurt. And in a guild where there are more people butt hurt then there are doing ranked, getting good is hard. When Panser said "cut the fat" it was hard to do if there is more fat then not. That's one reason why i'm in Qdodgers. And like I said its not about not getting you guys. In an ideal scenario there would be ten teams queueing just bc they liked pvp. And there would be you guys along with other guilds of different ability.

yoshikage-sama
02.19.2013 , 07:34 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by SEANeD View Post
Panser I agree with almost everything you said. When I was in TL7 we made a set team and people were butt hurt,we used to talk strat and scout other teams that we thought were queueing that night for 45min- an hour before we queued.( this is right before I left when we started to get pretty good), but in order to get that good we had to practice in outlawz den all the time, and superqueue from time to time with premades running every night. If the guilds looking to do ranked practice against each other where the competition is better then regs, but worse than ranked, I think a lot of guilds can benefit. When we first started out and got destroyed by you guys we weren't getting better. Towards the end of me being in TL7 we got to the point where we were good enough to at least give you guys a game ( if we had our best), but it took months before we got good enough to get to the point where we could even learn from you guys. I think scheduling games is the fastest way to get good if your a team new to ranked. And i'm not saying I would only play teams of even competition. Just once or twice a week getting a few competitive games in would be nice. Tbh I don't like everyone in uncensored, but when I was on mumble last night me and lesseps both agreed that if uncensored wasn't around this server would be way worse off. We would like nothing more than to give you guys a good game, but right now we are not good enough and we don't have enough people in the guild.
im pretty sure you're not get any better by playing other baddies. this just sounds like another excuse to me. what are you gonna do after you think youre ready from doing lots of these so called ranked matches and get face rolled again by us and LD. whats gonna be your excuse then?. im pretty sure we didnt get good overnight. we kept playing LD, learned from our mistakes and improved.
Kageasatrooper- vanguard Ansatsusha-scoundrel Awildpikachu- sorcerer
Rhyperior- juggernaut Mypewpewshurt- sniper

UNCENSORED

SEANeD
02.19.2013 , 08:11 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by yoshikage-sama View Post
im pretty sure you're not get any better by playing other baddies. this just sounds like another excuse to me. what are you gonna do after you think youre ready from doing lots of these so called ranked matches and get face rolled again by us and LD. whats gonna be your excuse then?. im pretty sure we didnt get good overnight. we kept playing LD, learned from our mistakes and improved.
First off, most of the guilds in this don't have extensive tryouts or require an application, so why do you think that they can just go into a game with you guys and even stay alive long enough to learn from it? Second, there are guilds that can still give you guys competition regaurdless they just need more time to develop in a competitive 8v8 warzone. And if we're playing with baddies and it wouldn't get us better than why do you care? do you want us to play you? you want to play "baddies". Oh wait, i thought you said that doesn't get a team better. Besides, most of the guilds that are considering entering are pretty good and can compete if they practice. And i believe uncensored was a prominent guild when you joined and i think you yourself haven't had to lose a lot before you learned from your mistakes and improved.

yoshikage-sama
02.19.2013 , 08:28 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by SEANeD View Post
First off, most of the guilds in this don't have extensive tryouts or require an application, so why do you think that they can just go into a game with you guys and even stay alive long enough to learn from it? Second, there are guilds that can still give you guys competition regaurdless they just need more time to develop in a competitive 8v8 warzone. And if we're playing with baddies and it wouldn't get us better than why do you care? do you want us to play you? you want to play "baddies". Oh wait, i thought you said that doesn't get a team better. Besides, most of the guilds that are considering entering are pretty good and can compete if they practice. And i believe uncensored was a prominent guild when you joined and i think you yourself haven't had to lose a lot before you learned from your mistakes and improved.
1. you're right we wouldnt get better from playing you guys but that doesnt mean that you wont get better. embrace the faceroll like we had to.
2. you wouldn't know how many games ive lost to improve because you don't do ranked. Ive had more ranked experience and lost many games because i actually do ranked. you think i always played with uncensored? i know what it means to get facerolled. ive experienced wat you've experienced.
Kageasatrooper- vanguard Ansatsusha-scoundrel Awildpikachu- sorcerer
Rhyperior- juggernaut Mypewpewshurt- sniper

UNCENSORED

SEANeD
02.19.2013 , 08:43 PM | #15
1. you're right we wouldnt get better from playing you guys but that doesnt mean that you wont get better. embrace the faceroll like we had to.
2. you wouldn't know how many games ive lost to improve because you don't do ranked. Ive had more ranked experience and lost many games because i actually do ranked. you think i always played with uncensored? i know what it means to get facerolled. ive experienced wat you've experienced.
Before you were in uncensored and when i was in TL7 we played you guys and LD50 a lot. Ive lost over 100 ranked games, but like i said earlier, towards the end of me being in the guild, when we made a set team, are best 8 would have probably given you guys a game. Still wouldn't be close, but we would be able to kill you guys. And the reason we got better was weeks of premades and trying to superqueue along with ranked games with guilds other than uncensored and LD. What me and the other guilds participating are trying to do is get better so we can have more teams queueing on a regular basis. I'm not suggesting the way you have put forth doesn't work, its just i think this is a faster way of getting a set team with coordinated players.

totherkins
02.19.2013 , 09:07 PM | #16
To all the comments about uncen and ld annd not facing or facing them in my opinion it works if you want to get better the first 2 or 3 games you get facerolled after that the general process seems to be go in there **** its....(insert guilds name that facerolled you) play like ****. In all honesty in this game if you can mind **** your opponent enough or make their morale bad you will win every time. If you want to face uncen or ld and win dont go into the ranked with the mindset that your going to lose automatically. No offense to uncen or ld but they still have a lot of things to do better at before they are damn good.

Go into a ranked and treat it like any other game leave the negative attitude at the door then after the warzone is done win or lose tell people this is what you need to improve upon and this is what you did good. If you consistently tell a guildy "you are a piece of ****, get good" they are not going to improve or at least not with your team.
Tötherkins - 50 tank Juggernaut
Ultimate Individual Class PVP Records 2.0
http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...78#post6184878

Krayshawn
02.19.2013 , 09:32 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Amortys View Post
carnage marauder using their ravage in the 1st 3 seconds of my saber ward. See what I did? .
Blade Turning

On a serious note, this is very good advice.
The Krayshawn Legacy:
Krayshawn - Vanguard El'Diablo - 29/12/0 Jug
Mufasa, GM : <Hakuna Matata> - Jedi Covenant

ace_boogie
02.20.2013 , 09:50 AM | #18
They'll probably hate me if they found out I told... But us <Hail Skroob> scrubs queue 2 full teams for ranked every Saturday night (to play against each other). We do it for fun, but I ain't scurred of you muh****as. Lol

But that's just a heads up. They'd queue dodge if they knew some of the better teams were playing that night but I think I can convince them to give the lesser known guilds a run. Even if we do get ran through.

I solo queue almost exclusively and got dammit I'm tired of it. Maybe a few wins in ranked against other guilds will give some of these guys some confidence to pvp more with me.
K'seněa
Sage • All Specs
Jedi Covenant • The Harbinger

nidalad
02.20.2013 , 10:28 AM | #19
I know what ya'll need

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEjgPh4SEmU

Problem solved
Moonrunner

To-le
02.20.2013 , 03:22 PM | #20
. embrace the faceroll like we had to.
This line made me laugh. I think I will start using it at work.