Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

A Summary of Increased Repair Cost Problems (for BW/EA)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
A Summary of Increased Repair Cost Problems (for BW/EA)
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Divona
02.20.2013 , 10:16 AM | #1171
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post
Hi everyone,

As a thank you for your patience during this time, we will also be reducing ALL repair costs by 50% once the aforementioned change goes in with the next scheduled maintenance. This will last all the way through until early access to Rise of the Hutt Cartel launches.

Good news yes they understood that the way taking shells into account to repair cost was wrong.
Hope people wont miss last line that repair cost will go back to normal in couple months when expansion comes, just temporary "gift" for us.

DarthSpooky
02.20.2013 , 10:27 AM | #1172
Quote: Originally Posted by Divona View Post
Good news yes they understood that the way taking shells into account to repair cost was wrong.
Hope people wont miss last line that repair cost will go back to normal in couple months when expansion comes, just temporary "gift" for us.
I'm afraid many people inevitably will miss that last line (or not read the post at all), and we will go through this whole song and dance again once the costs return to normal.
<South of Heaven>
Ebon Hawk

Orlesian
02.20.2013 , 10:32 AM | #1173
Good news!
❤ Please make Talos Drellik a romance option for female Inquisitors ❤
Red Eclipse

TUXs
02.20.2013 , 10:39 AM | #1174
Hi everyone,

Thank you all for your feedback on the changes to repair costs introduced with Game Update 1.7. Upon review, we agree with you that repair costs did become too high with this latest Game Update. To that end, we will be making a change to how these repair costs are calculated, starting with our next scheduled maintenance. Repair costs will now be calculated based on the combined value of all the mods installed in the shell, excluding the value of the shell itself. Players will see a noticeable reduction immediately after the change goes in.
Thank you Joveth.

Just to be perfectly clear, PvP shells that were valued at 1 credit have been the cheapest to repair during this. I assume that this will bring all PvE gear (no matter the color) to a level around what the PvP armor repairs for now?

Assuming that's correct, great solution.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force

My referral code: here (what you get here)

Kiniski
02.20.2013 , 10:43 AM | #1175
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthSpooky View Post
I'm afraid many people inevitably will miss that last line (or not read the post at all), and we will go through this whole song and dance again once the costs return to normal.
By normal mean no shell included, so, is going to be normal indeed.

Royox
02.20.2013 , 10:54 AM | #1176
Hey folks,

I just wanted to step in here to let you know that we are actively investigating this and we will update you as soon as we have more information. We apologize for the inconvenience, but rest assured that we're looking into it.
Ty for the response...now hurry because every time I'm going to die doing Operations I get scared as hell!

Themanthatisi
02.20.2013 , 10:55 AM | #1177
Hi everyone,

Thank you all for your feedback on the changes to repair costs introduced with Game Update 1.7. Upon review, we agree with you that repair costs did become too high with this latest Game Update. To that end, we will be making a change to how these repair costs are calculated, starting with our next scheduled maintenance. Repair costs will now be calculated based on the combined value of all the mods installed in the shell, excluding the value of the shell itself. Players will see a noticeable reduction immediately after the change goes in.

Additionally, wed like to apologize for the inconvenience that we introduced.

As a thank you for your patience during this time, we will also be reducing ALL repair costs by 50% once the aforementioned change goes in with the next scheduled maintenance. This will last all the way through until early access to Rise of the Hutt Cartel launches.

Your feedback is important to us, and we hope that this resolution alleviates the repair costs concerns. Thanks again for your patience.
Thank You! This is a huge releif...

MrSchmo
02.20.2013 , 10:55 AM | #1178
This is great to hear. Especially after spending a but* load last night on many Xeno HMs.

My only concern is people's reaction after the 50% discount. You're going to lower them, then giving a 50% discount on top of that making repairs really cheap for a while. But when that discount ends I can see people freaking out about them going up again.

But overall happy with the response.
That's why they call it space, cause there is so much of it.

Sameria
02.20.2013 , 10:57 AM | #1179
<snipe>

Your feedback is important to us, and we hope that this resolution alleviates the repair costs concerns. Thanks again for your patience.
Awesome Response Devs!!!!
Karisa - Carnek - Karise - Ethria - Elisy - Kodo - Sameria
R E I G N

Sith Empire - PvE ♦ PvP ♦ RP-lite
Official Guild Website

-IceHawk-
02.20.2013 , 11:02 AM | #1180
Hi everyone,

Additionally, wed like to apologize for the inconvenience that we introduced.

Great solution; now sticky this at the top of the forum and leave the bolded part bolded or else this entirely positive and very welcome gesture will cause more problems when ROTHC hits.

Thanks to the DEVS, this is the right move.

Now please handle the communication part the right way outside of this thread to maximize the benefit to the community.