Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

A Summary of Increased Repair Cost Problems (for BW/EA)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
A Summary of Increased Repair Cost Problems (for BW/EA)
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

dscount's Avatar


dscount
02.20.2013 , 09:44 AM | #1161
OMG!!!

I just spit soda all over my monitor. Had to check I was on the right forums.

Excellent work Bioware team, glad to see you guys taking care of the customers!

Thank you.
Reference Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/FDltnT (BW Details > HERE )
WTB Legacy Bound Ear, Implants, Relics

I'm not asking for much.... maybe some Cake too...

Costello's Avatar


Costello
02.20.2013 , 09:45 AM | #1162
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post


Your feedback is important to us,
Does this mean that we will see more development responses to the requests in the Cartel maket, the questions about what ROTH will bring in, news on the SSSP or even the direction of the game.

On the whole the only development team responses we get is when something is broken such as the login server, after the development team have changed something and either broken it or clearly not tested it enough such as the change to repair costs or 2 days prior to the launch when its all a little too late and rushed such as Patch 1.7

There seems to be very little direction and less communication with the playerbase. When are we going to see the game progress and the galaxy make some meaningful leaps forward other than a couple of text based quests. Where is the continuation of the class stories and where is the galactic war that should be raging. Instead it seems we are exploring the gree and fighting the Dread Masters who should you ask why they are doing this the response is who knows! Great writting there really made the conflict come alive.

DarthTHC's Avatar


DarthTHC
02.20.2013 , 09:45 AM | #1163
Quote: Originally Posted by Kiniski View Post
Juaz, all my friends read this a few moments and run to reactivate the subs, even they migrate to Tera Online, but that game is not SWTOR, they returned, unrepentant, Tera is easy to leave, but not SWTOR.
Is good to hear.

Aside: What's your native language? Just curious. Your English is really good but your patterns show you're not a native speaker.

Lord_Karsk's Avatar


Lord_Karsk
02.20.2013 , 09:47 AM | #1164
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthTHC View Post
Is good to hear.

Aside: What's your native language? Just curious. Your English is really good but your patterns show you're not a native speaker.
Maybe he is not, just like 98% of the Earth population is not speaking english

Valorian's Avatar


Valorian
02.20.2013 , 09:48 AM | #1165
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post
Hi everyone,

Thank you all for your feedback on the changes to repair costs introduced with Game Update 1.7. Upon review, we agree with you that repair costs did become too high with this latest Game Update. To that end, we will be making a change to how these repair costs are calculated, starting with our next scheduled maintenance. Repair costs will now be calculated based on the combined value of all the mods installed in the shell, excluding the value of the shell itself. Players will see a noticeable reduction immediately after the change goes in.

Additionally, wed like to apologize for the inconvenience that we introduced.

As a thank you for your patience during this time, we will also be reducing ALL repair costs by 50% once the aforementioned change goes in with the next scheduled maintenance. This will last all the way through until early access to Rise of the Hutt Cartel launches.

Your feedback is important to us, and we hope that this resolution alleviates the repair costs concerns. Thanks again for your patience.
Thanks for the update, good news.

Keffeine's Avatar


Keffeine
02.20.2013 , 09:50 AM | #1166
Quote: Originally Posted by Lord_Karsk View Post
Maybe he is not, just like 98% of the Earth population is not speaking english
87% of statistics are incorrect.

On-topic: This is definitely a plus for player communication. GJ Bioware.

iamthehoyden's Avatar


iamthehoyden
02.20.2013 , 09:53 AM | #1167
Glad to see a resolution. i won't comment on the communication through this debacle.
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

DarthTHC's Avatar


DarthTHC
02.20.2013 , 09:53 AM | #1168
Quote: Originally Posted by Lord_Karsk View Post
Maybe he is not, just like 98% of the Earth population is not speaking english
I know he's not. It's plainly clear by his sentence structure and word usage. Thus my curiosity.

It's a cool thing. It's great that so many cultures encourage language education.

PifferPuff's Avatar


PifferPuff
02.20.2013 , 09:54 AM | #1169
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post
Hi everyone,

Thank you all for your feedback on the changes to repair costs introduced with Game Update 1.7. Upon review, we agree with you that repair costs did become too high with this latest Game Update. To that end, we will be making a change to how these repair costs are calculated, starting with our next scheduled maintenance. Repair costs will now be calculated based on the combined value of all the mods installed in the shell, excluding the value of the shell itself. Players will see a noticeable reduction immediately after the change goes in.

Additionally, wed like to apologize for the inconvenience that we introduced.

As a thank you for your patience during this time, we will also be reducing ALL repair costs by 50% once the aforementioned change goes in with the next scheduled maintenance. This will last all the way through until early access to Rise of the Hutt Cartel launches.

Your feedback is important to us, and we hope that this resolution alleviates the repair costs concerns. Thanks again for your patience.
NICE And thank you for your update to this issue, and your equitable resolution.

Looks like we are on the same page here, 'cos I was just writing a snippet of C++ pseudo-code to help with their solution. LOL. Good timing!
Code:
int repairStation::evalRepairCosts( objPlayerCharacter *toon )
{
	int repairCost = ....... ;
	.
	.
	.
	return repairCost / 2 ;
}
Anyways, look forward to the coming changes.

Cheers!

Kiniski's Avatar


Kiniski
02.20.2013 , 09:58 AM | #1170
Quote: Originally Posted by Lord_Karsk View Post
Maybe he is not, just like 98% of the Earth population is not speaking english
I'm from Venezuela, live in Panama, my language is Spanish, :3 I have some kind of mixing between english and spanish sometimes.

Hehehe, about 98%, I think English is great as a global language, is easy to learn, and is clear about concepts, and all good Metal music is from UK hahahahaha