Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

A Summary of Increased Repair Cost Problems (for BW/EA)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
A Summary of Increased Repair Cost Problems (for BW/EA)
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

BaronV
02.20.2013 , 06:50 AM | #1141
So.. I just did Xeno II yesterday... 2 wipes, brought him down the 3rd time.

People kept leaving.. Some after the first wipe, some the second, some when they saw there were group members with only tionese or who were doing it for the first time... We spent so much time trying to get people to replace the ones leaving

Anyway as for repair costs 2 wipes 23k credits.... now this is more than before the bug fix bot not an insane amount per wipe like i was seeing before, and I have not changed a thing in my gear.

Anyone else experiencing this or is it just me? Have they implemented any stealth partial fix maybe?

Im wearing ALL oranges with 60% BH 40% columi

Chest is lvl 50 orange, Pants is Alderaan social, gloves, boots etc are of various levels.
I used to be a Jedi like you - until I took a blaster bolt to the knee

slafko
02.20.2013 , 07:09 AM | #1142
Quote: Originally Posted by Pirana View Post
Keep in mind, there's nothing hard in that room, but for someone that does not understand, it can, and often will be, a very long and tedious sequence. We did beat it, and once we arrived to the final Boss, we had no issues, so the group did know what they were doing.
Bulwark always makes me sad. I mean, people in full BH not interrupting Bulwark Smash... Sentinels killing the little repair droids instead of cc'ing them... Not even asking directly helps.

DarthTHC
02.20.2013 , 08:06 AM | #1143
Quote: Originally Posted by slafko View Post
Bulwark always makes me sad. I mean, people in full BH not interrupting Bulwark Smash... Sentinels killing the little repair droids instead of cc'ing them... Not even asking directly helps.
If you CC them, won't another set spawn when the timer hits anyway?
Human beings see oppression vividly when they're the victims. Otherwise they victimize blindly and without a thought. ~ Isaac Bashevis Singer

Vandicus
02.20.2013 , 08:09 AM | #1144
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthTHC View Post
CCing them saves a few seconds of dps. Not super important imo.
Darasuum kote ner vode!
Darasuum kote Mando'ade!

DarthTHC
02.20.2013 , 08:14 AM | #1145
Quote: Originally Posted by Vandicus View Post
CCing them saves a few seconds of dps. Not super important imo.
Yeah, that's been my experience but I haven't done that FP on HM in a while so just checking.

Back on topic, it seems like the posts here are slowing down. Have so many given up and left? Or stopped caring and gone back to playing and just dealing with it?

Me, I have ~24 days left on my now cancelled sub, hoping EA pipes up and says something, yet not daring to hope they'll fix it.
Human beings see oppression vividly when they're the victims. Otherwise they victimize blindly and without a thought. ~ Isaac Bashevis Singer

slafko
02.20.2013 , 08:18 AM | #1146
Yes, another set will spawn. The cc'd ones will disappear.

nninjacoupe
02.20.2013 , 08:22 AM | #1147
The problem with this credit sink is there is nothing tangible to go along with it. Give me a speeder or a convenient. Apply a cost to the quick travel each use. Like the 1k fleet passes. I don't complain because the service is worth 1k for the convieneience of travelling. Charge me for using world speeders. Charge me for quick travel. Stop with the insane raiding costs. It's gettig out of hand and theres nothing worse than spending money (real or fake) and getting nothing in return.

ivanhedgehog
02.20.2013 , 08:41 AM | #1148
Quote: Originally Posted by gamorrean View Post
i 100% support this, however in 4 days i will no longer be a subscriber and do not plan to until they either fix this, or the huge lack of communication this game has is addressed , aka * Yep, we messed up we should have used the PTS, we are working on a fix* instead its head in the sand and ignore their customers.
The window for fixing this is rapidly closing. Once the players that have unsubbed actually have their subs expire and get involved in other games they will be much less likely to come back once the devs decide to do their jobs.

Cindron
02.20.2013 , 08:42 AM | #1149

Back on topic, it seems like the posts here are slowing down. Have so many given up and left? Or stopped caring and gone back to playing and just dealing with it?

Me, I have ~24 days left on my now cancelled sub, hoping EA pipes up and says something, yet not daring to hope they'll fix it.
I dropped my sub as well. It's probably a combination of events slowing posts down. People have said all they can, now it's more about reporting their experiences in game and how its affected them which is great as it gives developers more to work with, if they are paying attention.. It's also probably a feeling disgust and anger with Bio refusing to say a single thing. I am guessing that sometime very soon they will announce a patch and there will be an adjustment of sorts and with that a large portion will be happy and satisfied. I like this game, it's just I've never seen such an apathetic company like this. Maybe it's their business model and I just don't understand it's intent.
It is easy to be brave from a distance.

Valorian
02.20.2013 , 09:11 AM | #1150
Quote: Originally Posted by Cindron View Post
I am guessing that sometime very soon they will announce a patch and there will be an adjustment of sorts and with that a large portion will be happy and satisfied. I like this game, it's just I've never seen such an apathetic company like this. Maybe it's their business model and I just don't understand it's intent.
I am afraid i do not share your optimism, I see this going either way a reduction or cartel surely it must have been spotted.

Just one response and no update very strange me thinks, I thought they had confirmed that this is working as intended?