Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Game Update 1.7 Developer Blog: Relics of the Gree Event

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Game Update 1.7 Developer Blog: Relics of the Gree Event
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Chesty_Jake
02.19.2013 , 11:23 AM | #121
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthNexuss View Post
I just reached Hero this morning (One level behind champ), i already hit the cap i use the purple trophy thingy and even if you stack lot of them you won't be able to get to champ(3 weeks is what you need for that) im 560/15000 out to get to champ,also i just read that the vendor will stay but if i stack lots of trophys i will need many you know (purple=1600 rep,blue=650 rep and green=420rep) so as i see it is pretty hard to get the rank to buy atleast one of thoose weapons,you'll need to stack lots of them with diferent alts and use them in the next two weeks aftaer the event as i see it.

Out of the topic: what happend to hood toogle??? also i want Kallig mask with hood like a lot of inquis want
I think you're over stating the Rep, green is 270, blue is 630 I think, and purple is more around 1300 though not sure on exact #. I'm 1730 / 15000 atm toward champion. With a 12k a week cap I still cannot hit champion next week. I will be 2 weeks after, and looks like i'll be able to get it using just two toon daily.
www.kickingtotalass.com
Streaming here at twitch.tv/guy_gamer/
Server: The Shadow Lands (Republic, Main: Yrk)
Guild: <The Meatbags> (Republic, originally of Tarro Blood & Corellian Run)

Chesty_Jake
02.19.2013 , 11:54 AM | #122
From Duffy:
Quote:
Gearbox Method for extra weekly gains: Consume 19 blue trophies to reach 11970 rep, and then consume a purple trophy to reach 13410/week.
Alternatively, as reader Aldalok suggests, you can use 21 Green + 10 Blue or 7 purple + 3 blue to get to 11970 rep.
You can go over the 12k weekly cap as long you use the last item <12k. The reputation gain over 12k are not lost.
Here is a handy chart you can use to see how much reputation and Gray Helix components you can gain.
So I can hit Champion next week if I can get a bunch of blues ready... We'll see.
www.kickingtotalass.com
Streaming here at twitch.tv/guy_gamer/
Server: The Shadow Lands (Republic, Main: Yrk)
Guild: <The Meatbags> (Republic, originally of Tarro Blood & Corellian Run)

IamPolaris
02.19.2013 , 11:22 PM | #123
Gree event PvP element comment.
I understand adding the PvP element " free for all with objectives.. but aside from keeping others from achieving a goal, whether same or opposing faction .. but one would think you would more encourage usage of the areas by returning to the ability to attain Mercenary comms.. you guys already had gear for them . just update stats .. people would have multiple ways to get geared for Pvp. or merc comms could be tradable for stand alone mods to assist in Min / Max 'ing gear.. To me aside from killing = hinder, annoy, grief theres really no reward especially if you are a stand alone player that either doesnt have a guild or time to invest in WZ's 24/7 like many people we see.

Gree event PvE Element

My understanding is the gree event ends on the 23'rd. if that is so then it is impossible to attain the champion lvl rep to aquire the Legacy weapons. You cant even reach hero.. week one I managed to get all but 120 rep and maxed week 2 and still have only 9360 toward progression to HERO. assuming I had maxed week 1 I would have 9480-9500.. depending on bonus for subscriber. so what gives? the WB area quests are only available 1 time(all three WB) unless I missed something somewhere.. yet it says REPEATABLE..
AND then theres the MASSIVE increase in repair bills.. which irks me to no end. you can go broke really fast if you are getting griefed by opposing factions, or enemy same faction in FFA area . This happens when you are fighting a NPC or group of them and a swarm of enemy come in and cc you or jack you while fighting a Pylon guardian which has already cc'd you and left you with no stun breaker.. Translation is DEATH with resultng repair bill from hell. I die 2-3 times attempting the same heroic and I suddenly have a 50-60k repair bill which has elliminated all my gains from the missions.. In order to get the rep I have to keep trying and suddenly end up broke and UNABLE to continue even trying to complete as I have all broken unreparable gear ..
You used to be able to do space missions to get funds to get back in the fight.. but the heroic rewards are now next to nothing, and those missions have frustrated many a player. I think you guys really messed that part up. you used to be able to work hard and get some cash to gear up by buying mods and such on the GTN if you needed, but now making money for such is very hard to do . More than one person has started to believe that you guys are doing this with the intention of introducing CARTEL coins for repairs in yet another tug at peoples wallets, thus further pushing SWOTR into the realm of the FACEBOOK games .. if that is your intention.. just be ready to add "Ville" to SWOTOR.

Overall Reputaion comment

aside from the GRee rep rewards ..I havent found any rewards to be had from attaining REP for the SPAce missions.. whats the point if once again there are NO rewards aside from a stupid title..?

AshlaBoga
02.20.2013 , 04:27 AM | #124
Quote: Originally Posted by IamPolaris View Post
Gree event PvP element comment.
My understanding is the gree event ends on the 23'rd. if that is so then it is impossible to attain the champion lvl rep to aquire the Legacy weapons. You cant even reach hero.. week one I managed to get all but 120 rep and maxed week 2 and still have only 9360 toward progression to HERO.
1. I'm Hero as of today "Honored Silver Acute."
2. The vendor will be staying for a couple days after the event. After the 2nd reputation cap reset (Feb. 26) you can hit Champion - provided you've been overcapping as much as possible (13410/12000). So as soon as Feb 26 rolls around I'm getting my Legacy Lightsaber
FEAR REMAINS ETERNAL, Jung Ma server
Fear Remains Eternal
Lord of Corruption

AlrikFassbauer
02.20.2013 , 06:21 AM | #125
I hate not being able to participate in the "Event" because of too low level.

rywokast
02.20.2013 , 06:51 AM | #126
Quote: Originally Posted by AlrikFassbauer View Post
I hate not being able to participate in the "Event" because of too low level.
I think all events are end game oriented, maybe the Rakghoul one had some that could be done by lower level players but I don't remember.... But it would be damn near impossible to make an event that caters to say lvl 30's as well as lvl 50's unless they made two separate events, and we know that isn't going to happen :P

Heezdedjim
02.20.2013 , 06:58 AM | #127
Quote: Originally Posted by jedislayer5000 View Post
I think all events are end game oriented, maybe the Rakghoul one had some that could be done by lower level players but I don't remember.... But it would be damn near impossible to make an event that caters to say lvl 30's as well as lvl 50's unless they made two separate events, and we know that isn't going to happen :P
The Chevin event could be done by anyone high enough to run around on Nar Shaddaa. It's not "damn near impossible" to just instance stuff and make the mobs match your level.

goosie
02.21.2013 , 10:44 PM | #128
Is it possible to extend the Gree event a couple of days please? Many of us are really enjoying it and would like it extended.
Is this possible?
Thanks!!

Brewkrew
02.22.2013 , 08:23 AM | #129
Quote: Originally Posted by IamPolaris View Post

aside from the GRee rep rewards ..I havent found any rewards to be had from attaining REP for the SPAce missions.. whats the point if once again there are NO rewards aside from a stupid title..?
Please do a little research before complaining. There's rep gear for space missions.

Aries_cz
02.22.2013 , 09:54 AM | #130
Quote: Originally Posted by goosie View Post
Is it possible to extend the Gree event a couple of days please? Many of us are really enjoying it and would like it extended.
Is this possible?
Thanks!!
The event will be back, it is a recurring event. Gray secant will come and go as it pleases...

Now, to something else I thought of yesterday.
Since this is a recurring event, will it somehow change between its iterations? I think it would be story-wise viable, and it would bring fresh perspective to it. Maybe something like making it more RvR instead of FFA, new quests etc?
Member of Beast Riders, Tomb of Freedon Nadd (EU-PvP)
Without the darkness, how would we recognize the light?
Aries, admin of Czech/Slovak fansite SW-TOR.cz
Check out my story videos