Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Non-geared players in Gree Event


Khevar's Avatar


Khevar
02.18.2013 , 05:13 PM | #21
I've never understood the complaint of the undergeared player who is annoyed at not being taken to an operation.

When I was a fresh level 50, (right about the time 1.2 dropped) I never wanted to be the "picked last guy". So I read guides on the forum to get better at my class, learned typical raid pitfalls like breaking CC and wrong kill order, ran parses on my dps to get better, did plenty of dailies to get level 50 purples, and ran SM versions of Flashpoints to get better at mechanics.

This was a personal thing. I wanted to be sure that I was an asset rather than a liability.

So it really makes my teeth itch when I see the OP calling experienced players "Nazis" for kicking them from a pug.

Why not have some personal pride in your contribution to the group instead?

AshlaBoga's Avatar


AshlaBoga
02.18.2013 , 05:21 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Khevar View Post
I've never understood the complaint of the undergeared player who is annoyed at not being taken to an operation.

When I was a fresh level 50, (right about the time 1.2 dropped) I never wanted to be the "picked last guy". So I read guides on the forum to get better at my class, learned typical raid pitfalls like breaking CC and wrong kill order, ran parses on my dps to get better, did plenty of dailies to get level 50 purples, and ran SM versions of Flashpoints to get better at mechanics.

This was a personal thing. I wanted to be sure that I was an asset rather than a liability.

So it really makes my teeth itch when I see the OP calling experienced players "Nazis" for kicking them from a pug.

Why not have some personal pride in your contribution to the group instead?
I think WoW's LFR has something to do with it. In WoW the LFR gear checked people, so anyone who was overly reliant on that never really learned what they needed gear wise, the LFR just told them.
Typhojem Legacy, Jung Ma server
VICIOUS
Lord of Corruption

Khevar's Avatar


Khevar
02.18.2013 , 05:39 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by AshlaBoga View Post
I think WoW's LFR has something to do with it. In WoW the LFR gear checked people, so anyone who was overly reliant on that never really learned what they needed gear wise, the LFR just told them.
True, but even before I had great gear, rather than complaining about not being brought into an operation, I spent that time getting better at my class.

It's a viewpoint thing. "I'm not being picked for an operation, I need to get better" as opposed to "I'm not being picked for an operation, those guys are a bunch of Nazis"

Strainge's Avatar


Strainge
02.19.2013 , 01:11 AM | #24
Xeno HM can be pretty tough. There is a tier level of gear that you need to be able to beat it. It's up to the leader of the ops to set that level. If they ask for people in minimum BH gear and you join in WH thinking it's the same then you deserve to be kicked for misrepresenting yourself. The actual mechanics of Xeno are insanely easy compared to some op bosses. It really is a NEED 'X' minimum gear kind of fight. If you don't think so then you haven't fought him on HM. You're type of thinking is why all kids get participation trophies instead of 1st, 2nd, and 3rd places. You have to earn the right to group for bigger things. People just can't spoon feed you rewards because they have more time to play than you.

ChicagoBearsFan's Avatar


ChicagoBearsFan
02.19.2013 , 11:06 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by schnopsnosn View Post
16m SM has an enrage-timer of 10 minutes.
We were 15, some not even Rakata-geared and one or two people that don't know the difference between a lightsaber and a bottle of ketchup.

The boss was dead in less than 4 minutes.
You might want to actually READ the post before you quote and comment. You entirely missed the point of what I was saying.
Bearsfan - Commando Healer / DPS
Chicago - Shadow Tank
BeÓrs - Scoundrel Healer
<The Jedi of Camelot>JawaSpanker Legacy ~ POT5 Server

mikebevo's Avatar


mikebevo
02.19.2013 , 02:40 PM | #26
My guild got me while I was playing my infil shadow to do SM, instead of waiting for me to get my watchman, tells me all I need to know about the ease of story mode. When we did hard, they made me get the watchman. Neither are overly difficult, but someone who can't follow simple instructions to get free gear and haven't done enough 50 content to get relics, ear and implants, then I don't really know if I want to depend on them following instructions that can be the difference between success and a wipe.

In a spank and tank fight, not overly concerned about gear, but in a fight that requires movement, attacking different targets at different times, requires planing attacks to get max spike dps at certain times and requires some planning on when to use defensive cooldowns, knowing a player is at least somewhat competent enough to complete a few dailies and flashpoints is important.

The unfairness isn't on the group kicking IMO, it is on the person that enters a group unprepared. Personally outside of my guild and whatever group I am in I owe no one anything just because they are a subscriber. I pay my money too. I will help them when I can, but I don't owe them anything, I just do it to be nice.

Viridiana's Avatar


Viridiana
02.19.2013 , 04:41 PM | #27
I ran HM 8M Xeno last night, we had to pick up a pug tank, he came into the group with gear modded towards strength, barely hitting 22k hp and using a strength stim, we gave him the benefit of the doubt and tried to down the boss, after 3 wipes we told him sorry he wasn't pulling his weight as he was always the first one to die and didn't seem to be grasping the mechanics after we had explained them mulitple times, we had a guildie switch to a tank (he was trying to get the helixes on his dps) and we downed the boss on the next try, def don't think it's rude or mean to gear check people and or remove them if they don't match up.

afterdar's Avatar


afterdar
02.19.2013 , 11:55 PM | #28
Ultimately, people play the game to have fun and the people who own the game run it to make money. Once the game becomes more work than real work to play, most people will opt for other activities. As for myself, being a casual player and a subscriber, the game is starting to become more trouble than it is worth. Endlessly grinding for gear is becoming an exercise in diminishing returns. Also, the gree gear and weapons do not appear to me to be worth the effort? In any case, it remains to be seen if the game is viable in the long term without casual players such as myself.

Saiyanbob's Avatar


Saiyanbob
02.20.2013 , 12:45 AM | #29
Quote:
Ultimately, people play the game to have fun and the people who own the game run it to make money. Once the game becomes more work than real work to play, most people will opt for other activities. As for myself, being a casual player and a subscriber, the game is starting to become more trouble than it is worth. Endlessly grinding for gear is becoming an exercise in diminishing returns. Also, the gree gear and weapons do not appear to me to be worth the effort? In any case, it remains to be seen if the game is viable in the long term without casual players such as myself.
These types of statements sadden me. While it is any players right to decide when the game is not worth the money or time when posted in a discussion such as this it send the following message:

"Well fine if that's the way its gonna be I'm gonna take my ball and go home."

Yes, the game needs casuals to survive but coddle-ling to the demands of under geared players who are effectively asking someone else to use the fruits of their labor (IE: Gear or Knowledge) to compensate for their lack there of would create a social standard in which instant gratification is the norm and hard work is not rewarded. That's not the type of game that SHOULD survive.

On a related but side note, My Mother-in-Law plays this game and is a member of one of my raid groups. She isn't the best and sometimes is slow to pick up on things but we accept that about her because shes fun to raid with. If you are a pug I do not have that connection to fall on when you aren't appropriate for the task so the answer is no. If my 55+ Years old mother-in-law can get 63 gear then anyone can.
<Fate of the Unwanted>
TŘcker the Lightning Sorceror

DarthObelisk's Avatar


DarthObelisk
02.20.2013 , 02:58 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Saiyanbob View Post
These types of statements sadden me. While it is any players right to decide when the game is not worth the money or time when posted in a discussion such as this it send the following message:

"Well fine if that's the way its gonna be I'm gonna take my ball and go home."

Yes, the game needs casuals to survive but coddle-ling to the demands of under geared players who are effectively asking someone else to use the fruits of their labor (IE: Gear or Knowledge) to compensate for their lack there of would create a social standard in which instant gratification is the norm and hard work is not rewarded. That's not the type of game that SHOULD survive.

On a related but side note, My Mother-in-Law plays this game and is a member of one of my raid groups. She isn't the best and sometimes is slow to pick up on things but we accept that about her because shes fun to raid with. If you are a pug I do not have that connection to fall on when you aren't appropriate for the task so the answer is no. If my 55+ Years old mother-in-law can get 63 gear then anyone can.
Well said there

to the OP I think everyone has been in your position at least once in this game. One of the reason among them that you may have been kicked from the ops group maybe.
1) some of the fights (ads and boss) deal out a fairly big chuck of dps and your gear its up to the lvl that you wouldnt instant die there by taking up a spot for someone else that took the time to look at the fight mechanics and or take the time and grind up their so its on par or above par for the ops
Jedi Sentinel 55 Jedi Consular 55 Jedi Shadow 55
Imperial Agent 55 Sith Assassin 55 Sith Sorcerer 55
Sith Warrior 50
Mercenary 55