Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

A Summary of Increased Repair Cost Problems (for BW/EA)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
A Summary of Increased Repair Cost Problems (for BW/EA)
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Lium
02.19.2013 , 01:47 PM | #1111
Part of me wonders if they increased repair costs as a way to punish F2P players and wanted to see if it got noticed. When it was, they came out with "it's a bug."

DarthTHC
02.19.2013 , 01:51 PM | #1112
Quote: Originally Posted by Lium View Post
Part of me wonders if they increased repair costs as a way to punish F2P players and wanted to see if it got noticed. When it was, they came out with "it's a bug."
One would think, were one thinking rationally, that the goal would be to encourage F2P players to enjoy the game while showing them glimpses of all the super-cool stuff they could get by investing just a bit of money - 50 cents a day - rather than "punishing" them.
Human beings see oppression vividly when they're the victims. Otherwise they victimize blindly and without a thought. ~ Isaac Bashevis Singer

Tachenko_Yuri
02.19.2013 , 01:54 PM | #1113
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthTHC View Post
1. The problem is not communication with new players. The problem is new players won't speak up for fear of being insta-kicked, then because they didn't speak up they cause a wipe. There could be several complicated, convoluted, community-driven fixes to this, but there's also an easy one: Put the repair costs back to where they don't factor into wipes.

This.

ivanhedgehog
02.19.2013 , 01:55 PM | #1114
Quote: Originally Posted by Ratajack View Post
That's true. His results are different than those "others" which throws doubt on their conclusions, by your own standards.
and the common method used is what a majority of testers polled are getting. IE: there is a problem.

also, he got on some of his characters and found no problems....no discussion of how he tested, did he throw himself off the top of the fleet? environmental damage?? what methods did he use.

ivanhedgehog
02.19.2013 , 02:23 PM | #1115
Quote: Originally Posted by Cindron View Post
Good question. No one in Bio seems inclined to utter a word

Update hit what the 12th? This particular thread the 14th though there were earlier ones deleted and redirected to this one. Bio responds with above statement. So, all we can conclude is that after 4 more days Bio has learned nothing despite multiple threads by it's community working out what happened. That or they lied. Or they just want us to stop posting and live with it.

Other problems were addressed immediately, this one has hit a week now and Bio seems happy to let the subs continue to bleed while they sit in silence.

Would it have meant something to you if Bio had made an attempt to respond in the last 4 days somewhere among the 600 additional posts: "This sudden change had greater charges than intended, we are having issue working on a new patch but we are continuing to work on this." or "working as intended you need to adjust, thank you for your input." How many would have felt they were heard and stuck around? Seems such a basic notion from two people talking to an entire corporation.......communication.
poor communication will kill this game. How hard is it to write out a 2 or 3 sentence post in dev tracker letting us know you are actually interested in the game surviving? No new posts in devtracker since the 17th...everyone on vacation there?

dscount
02.19.2013 , 02:38 PM | #1116
Quote: Originally Posted by Scorpassailant View Post
I wont be unsubbing but I certainly won't be running dailies and more with my mains.
Yup! Ditto. My Tank, Heals and DPS have stopped doing anything PUG based. I've too much custom gear to pay for BW's mess up on this one.

Sad part is.. this really screws the casual gamer and new players the most. Those of us that have the creds and know the game know when to back out of a run. Sorry new guys..
Sage/Sorc Gate 2013 Combat DEV LOL Responses:
"...you must play defensively and make them pay for trying to kill you."
"...require a higher skill level than many players are comfortable with."

iamthehoyden
02.19.2013 , 02:49 PM | #1117
Quote: Originally Posted by ivanhedgehog View Post
poor communication will kill this game. How hard is it to write out a 2 or 3 sentence post in dev tracker letting us know you are actually interested in the game surviving? No new posts in devtracker since the 17th...everyone on vacation there?
The silence is deafening. Apparently they were all off for Presidents' Day. Fine, whatever, but a quick note that maintenance will be delayed for the holiday and oh, by the way, we haven't worked out what we borked up with the repair costs yet, but we're still looking, would help. Regular updates. Why is that such a hard concept to grasp?
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

mothear
02.19.2013 , 02:51 PM | #1118
and the common method used is what a majority of testers polled are getting. IE: there is a problem.

also, he got on some of his characters and found no problems....no discussion of how he tested, did he throw himself off the top of the fleet? environmental damage?? what methods did he use.
I healed up at the med centre;
I put my companion on passive;
I road out to a group of 4 normal mobs;
stayed on my bike until either knocked of or dead;
did not fight back;
I ported back to the med centre to repair.

Did it twice with each toon and the results were within 10-20 credits each time.

Just so you know.

mothear
02.19.2013 , 02:52 PM | #1119
We agree on this.

TUXs
02.19.2013 , 03:06 PM | #1120
Quote: Originally Posted by iamthehoyden View Post
The silence is deafening. Apparently they were all off for Presidents' Day. Fine, whatever, but a quick note that maintenance will be delayed for the holiday and oh, by the way, we haven't worked out what we borked up with the repair costs yet, but we're still looking, would help. Regular updates. Why is that such a hard concept to grasp?
Agreed. I find it humorous that the ability to share completed missions was fixed the very next day...yet this, nothing. This is exponentially more hindering for players.
All warfare is based on deception. Attack him where he is unprepared, appear where you are not expected. If his forces are united, separate them. If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near. A leader leads by example not by force.