Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

60k repair bill!

Blackardin
02.19.2013 , 10:34 AM | #141
Quote: Originally Posted by Osryri View Post
Im beginning to wonder if any of these players who claim not to see high repair costs are even doing any PvE at all.
Most are talking out their arses, just as they do every other subject raised on the board. The vast majority of evidence contradicts the veracity of their statements. We know there is a problem. We know the dev's are looking into it, which proves their is a problem. Just think of the others as white noise that one must slog past as they read the boards. ;p

I'm going to start logging repairs on all my chars from my 61 geared raid tank, to my Cartel gear, to my lowest little level 10 to see where we actually stand as I'm seeing indications that the "whiners" are absolutely correct in their assessments of extreme costs.
May the Schwartz be with you....

Viridiana
02.19.2013 , 10:45 AM | #142
Quote: Originally Posted by Blackardin View Post
This has not been the experience of people that I know well, that are honest and forthright there random guy on the internet. ;p As I've said, 4 to 5 attempts on Kephess just cost a guildie 100k.

Hell, I'm seeing 3 to 4k repair bills on my little 24 tank after a few hours of leveling, maybe a low level FP, so I'm thinking that you may be trolling a bit.
No trolling, I didn't think about screen capping it at the time, but did look after a single death to see how much it was, its def up from where it was before 1.7, but people claiming 100k-200k from runs are dying a lot more than they are saying or not repairing before they go in ect ect, and these repair costs are still lower than they were back before 1.2 when a single wipe in columi/rakata would cost you 30-60k, so all the rage babies should just chill about the repair costs and or get better.

And I lvled my now 33 PT for about 6 hrs straight the other day and had a 2k repair bill, so lets get some screencaps up in this ***** for everyone claiming that their costs are 2-3x that of everyone elses.

Blackardin
02.19.2013 , 10:56 AM | #143
Quote: Originally Posted by Viridiana View Post
No trolling, I didn't think about screen capping it at the time, but did look after a single death to see how much it was, its def up from where it was before 1.7, but people claiming 100k-200k from runs are dying a lot more than they are saying or not repairing before they go in ect ect, and these repair costs are still lower than they were back before 1.2 when a single wipe in columi/rakata would cost you 30-60k, so all the rage babies should just chill about the repair costs and or get better.

And I lvled my now 33 PT for about 6 hrs straight the other day and had a 2k repair bill, so lets get some screencaps up in this ***** for everyone claiming that their costs are 2-3x that of everyone elses.
I was just being flippant. ;p

Its actually strange. I just ran some guildies through KP hard mode to gear them. No wipes. Repair bill was around 2k (but I was dpsing on that one) so there is something very strange going on here as that is less then my level 20ish chars. A single wipe the other night doing TfB hard mode on my tank cost around 18k . It seems to be all over the place.

We are doing progression this week. I'll be monitoring it then also. I'm going to be logging, as I've said. I'll have definitive proof within the next week. Should give me a good indication of where it lies. Hopefully I'll find it to be a non-issue.
May the Schwartz be with you....

Viridiana
02.19.2013 , 11:01 AM | #144
Quote: Originally Posted by Blackardin View Post
I was just being flippant. ;p

Its actually strange. I just ran some guildies through KP hard mode to gear them. No wipes. Repair bill was around 2k (but I was dpsing on that one) so there is something very strange going on here as that is less then my level 20ish chars. A single wipe the other night doing TfB hard mode on my tank cost around 18k . It seems to be all over the place.

We are doing progression this week. I'll be monitoring it then also. I'm going to be logging, as I've said. I'll have definitive proof within the next week. Should give me a good indication of where it lies. Hopefully I'll find it to be a non-issue.
i'm aware , the forums need a /sarc tag or something lol.

Yeah I would be interested to see the results of your raiding this week, I didn't get a chance to do anything difficult after 1.7 dropped beyond Xeno HM so I haven't seen what a raid will do to my repair costs, and i've only died on one toon all week so that doesn't help much there, but if I get a chance to kill my toons i'll cap it and post my findings on here.

TheSkate
02.19.2013 , 11:15 AM | #145
Quote: Originally Posted by lucotas View Post
subnormals. subnormals everywhere.

i can make more than 1million per day if i want to or maybe 1.5million and with lucky 2million per day

of course i don't do it because it is bored but it is posible

ps: bioware said they will add less repair taxes
How nice for you. I have never had 1.5M combined across all my characters. Right now I am sitting on a whopping 287k total.
"Blah blah blah, yackity smackity, and a nice cold glass of orange juice"
Hugh Tasmanian Devil

Viridiana
02.19.2013 , 11:37 AM | #146
Quote: Originally Posted by TheSkate View Post
How nice for you. I have never had 1.5M combined across all my characters.
This must be why I don't think this is that big of an issue since i'm sitting on 50 mil atm and can make 200-500k in 1-3 hrs of doing daillies on whatever toon i'm trying to get a new relic on, or by playing the GTN ect ect.

tdgesq
02.19.2013 , 11:39 AM | #147
Quote: Originally Posted by Viridiana View Post
i'm aware , the forums need a /sarc tag or something lol.

Yeah I would be interested to see the results of your raiding this week, I didn't get a chance to do anything difficult after 1.7 dropped beyond Xeno HM so I haven't seen what a raid will do to my repair costs, and i've only died on one toon all week so that doesn't help much there, but if I get a chance to kill my toons i'll cap it and post my findings on here.
I'm not saying don't do it, but there are quite a few things you need to capture to make it useful. You'll at least need a pic of each piece of damaged gear showing what it is and the durability decrease. The reason is that a couple of wipes may or may not reduce your armor durability as much as someone else who wipes the same number of times on the same op. When I was testing some of the different shells, I wiped in exactly the same way with the same mob; yet occasionally my armor durability decrease would vary. Not often and not by a lot, but it would.

DarknessInLight
02.19.2013 , 12:12 PM | #148
Quote: Originally Posted by Osryri View Post
Thanks Bioware. I didn't even make 60k today but due to a few wipes in a flashpoint I lost every credit I earned plus some. Thanks so much for screwing up this game even further.
Lemme guess. Lost Island, right?!
Jedi do not fight for Peace. That's only a slogan, and is as misleading, as slogans always are. Jedi fight for Civilization, because only Civilization creates Peace. - Jedi Master Mace Windu

Viridiana
02.19.2013 , 12:18 PM | #149
Quote: Originally Posted by DarknessInLight View Post
Lemme guess. Lost Island, right?!
He said it was on Kaon, 4 wipes is the tail of the tape.

Icebergy
02.19.2013 , 12:22 PM | #150
Quote: Originally Posted by TheSkate View Post
How nice for you. I have never had 1.5M combined across all my characters. Right now I am sitting on a whopping 287k total.
Dude that's like less than two hours of play time worth of credits.
Mikal'B, Battlemaster and Fleet Commodore of the Republic.
<Contraband Inc> 10/10 NiM, 4/4 NiM, NMP, 7/12 NiM, HM GF, 4/5 NiM, 5/10 HM
Jedi Covenant