Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

A Summary of Increased Repair Cost Problems (for BW/EA)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
A Summary of Increased Repair Cost Problems (for BW/EA)
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

danielearley
02.19.2013 , 06:07 AM | #1071
Quote: Originally Posted by Drake_Hound View Post
Good mindset and fun and teaching others the ropes of a game should be punished ?
With higher repair cost ? Are you machoist ?

Yeah right I play mmo to interact with others , not to grind away on boring dailies ... Once Gree etc stuff polish runs out ... It is the same old story again .
Since modernday consumer eats up content faster then developers can deliver ..

What good is a mmo when there are less people around to do your stuff with ?
Wait EA run policy under 500k sub , we are thinking of shutting down !

So all you say is behelpfull get punished by higher repair cost , be selfishe play the GTN without interaction !
hurray get rewarded with fast cash , no way people are running 3 hour instance .

Now if you love star wars , then you want more people playing not less .
Repair cost and daily grind get people bored the fastest way off a mmo .
I would appear that you do not enjoy the game, if you want a challenge and something fun to do, get an group together and all wear full Green LVL50 gear and do a few Heroics! It will be fun and probably more challenging than an OP in your full 63 gear.
And at the end of it you can sell the gear to a vendor instead of repairing.

Anything you do in life is what you make of it, they won't as you say produce content as quick as you would like so you have to make as much of what you do have. Only you can make things fun for yourself, if you don't try then no one else is to blame.

For the record I still do not think the repair bills are too high. I admit I would love there not to be any repair bills and I'd like it if it gave me a full set of Dread armour when I hit LVL 50, but at that point I have no incentive to do anything!

Drake_Hound
02.19.2013 , 06:17 AM | #1072
Quote: Originally Posted by danielearley View Post
I would appear that you do not enjoy the game, if you want a challenge and something fun to do, get an group together and all wear full Green LVL50 gear and do a few Heroics! It will be fun and probably more challenging than an OP in your full 63 gear.
And at the end of it you can sell the gear to a vendor instead of repairing.

Anything you do in life is what you make of it, they won't as you say produce content as quick as you would like so you have to make as much of what you do have. Only you can make things fun for yourself, if you don't try then no one else is to blame.

For the record I still do not think the repair bills are too high. I admit I would love there not to be any repair bills and I'd like it if it gave me a full set of Dread armour when I hit LVL 50, but at that point I have no incentive to do anything!
Maybe you want to go make your own challenges yes ...
i want my old repair cost that has been proven and tested !

Not some new garbage challenge , when you hit level 50 and worked your way to dread armour !
then you can speak , if not then play your own green repair challenge first .

A mmo is about upgrades seeing time spent worthwhile , increase in power not decrease in power !
Same thing applies to funds , sure some repair cost are in order, but not the steep one that is currently in place .
And defietly not the bugged shell cost , that forces people to find the cheapest shell and put mods in them !
loses again that unique indentity .

now if you cared to do research instead of talking out of your own head !
then you would have understand by now that not all repair cost are equal !
And like everything else everybody repair cost should be equal !
Not based on what shell that coders have no idea about and lied to us .

So revert to the old repair cost that was equal for all, and start programming new repair cost that is equal to all !

now done talking with people , who have no clue of the game they are playing !
but write nice stuff without meaning . Basically crap as usual

Cleet_Xia
02.19.2013 , 07:12 AM | #1073
in less than a year we went from this..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5EVsT3yUBY <- disadvantaged by reason of insanity
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFcoCbTggEs <- 7 person raid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tl0gxh6DFYU

to this.....

http://myfavmeme.com/wp-content/uplo...-lab-3700s.jpg

Not much wiping going on in those videos....
~Master Telagtun Telag of Lord Calypho~

Hovergame
02.19.2013 , 08:05 AM | #1074
The game is Fun, I fail to see the difference between running the same OP everyday to Running a few Heroics everyday
OP : locked for SEVEN DAYS.
Dailies : locked for ONE DAY.

OP : you need 7-15 folks with you.
Dailies : you need to find 2 folks for ONE QUEST (3/4 if you're not overgeared).

OP : not down within the first days for a vast majority of payers.
Dailies : done after your first try, within hurs.

Running the same old OP cleared 20 times is boring, but who cleared Denova NiM 20 times already ? You'd need several atls and a really good guilde.

Quote:
I personally don't believe things should be easy, without a penalty there is no risk, so no incentive to learn tactics understand team work. It just turns into I hope we get it right this time I'm bored of running backwards and forwards.
Ok, let's put the HARDCORE mode : when you die, your char is deleted. What, you don't like it ? But "I personally don't believe things should be easy, without a penalty there is no risk, so no incentive to learn tactics understand team work."

Quote:
I often do pug groups and will patiently explain Boss Mechanics to others and endure the wipes that happen, I never have many Creds I think my Healer has 300k at present. When I run out of creds I'll go find a some people to do some Heroics on the dailes, once in a group it doesn't take much to convince the group to run through all the other Heroic Dailies. I find this content fun, it's different from the OPs which are more intense agreed, but they are still fun, I don't consider this a grind!
We are REALLY happy for you that you find your way of playing. You're just saying "I like to grind, so I don't mind to pay more for repairs, suck to be you if you don't". Thank you for this useless comment about your life.

Quote:
I think this is more of a mindset issue, if you think anything other than a raid is a grind then you will hate any obstacle to doing a raid, if you play to have fun and enjoy yourself, then you will not care about a little extra incentive to avoid death.
You probably never tried Denova NiM and never downed that raid. Thank you for that another useless comment.

Quote:
Yes, I'm a huge Star Wars Fan, I love running around swinging a light saber, paying for dying is not going to stop me doing this
Noone cares ?

thomasbaxter
02.19.2013 , 08:26 AM | #1075
Sadly nobody wants to play Nightmare Mode Ops anymore. Too many wipes and yeah it's a challenge but I'd like to think I can improve at it without going bust. These repair costs are still so dumb.

ProphetX
02.19.2013 , 08:50 AM | #1076
There is two things you don't mess with in this world .

1) A man's woman
2) A man's wallet

I see constantly since EA was voted the worst business in America there executives constantly trying to spin it and wondering why they got that designation . Yet time and time again they do things over and over to piss off there paying customers . I stopped buying EA sports games 10 years ago and I used to buy them all , I stopped buying any title that was published by EA 6 years ago . They dissolved one of my favorite video game companies Origin ( Maker of the Wing Commander Series ) and used its name for there piss poor steam look alike . Then they bought out one of my favorite video game companies of all time Bioware and there games have been subpar ever since .

I made an exception because I loved mmos , and I loved Knights of the Old Republic . I have been here since the first wave of Early Access , a collectors edition adopter . I have had alot of fun with this game but this change is unacceptable . When I have to work for EA running dailies to enjoy the fun aspect of there game ( raiding ) is when its time to hang it up . You already get my $15 a month your not gonna get all my time working for you doing montonous things .

When the best thing you have to offer your playerbase is new dailies , you have FAILED as a game designer .

This was the last straw .
Order of Darkness

LarryRow
02.19.2013 , 08:54 AM | #1077
I'm starting to suspect the intent of this change was to stop people buying BiS gear off the GTN. They just went too far.
A classic sig that should not be lost:
Quote:
Stunned , pew pew hack slash , stunned , running backward circles, stunned cannot move, pew pew, break stun, 30 second snare, wha?!?!!? stunned, knockdown, ...less stun more pew pew and hacknslash please.

DarthTHC
02.19.2013 , 09:16 AM | #1078
Quote: Originally Posted by ProphetX View Post
This was the last straw .
Oh, look, another "last straw" moment.

Proof that you don't need to make one big mistake to destroy the fun in your game - you can do it through a lot of little ones, too. Death by 1,000 cuts.

Of course there's probably a big mistake or two behind the scenes somewhere. Like making an MBA who doesn't know or care two spits about gamers the over-boss of the game and assigning as lead the guy who's most famous for destroying another MMO, but still...

Quote: Originally Posted by LarryRow View Post
I'm starting to suspect the intent of this change was to stop people buying BiS gear off the GTN. They just went too far.
In other words, you're giving EA credit for thinking ahead and planning on this one? I think you're giving them way too much credit.
Human beings see oppression vividly when they're the victims. Otherwise they victimize blindly and without a thought. ~ Isaac Bashevis Singer

Ratajack
02.19.2013 , 09:23 AM | #1079

I think this is more of a mindset issue, if you think anything other than a raid is a grind then you will hate any obstacle to doing a raid, if you play to have fun and enjoy yourself, then you will not care about a little extra incentive to avoid death.

This is more of a mindset issue. One of the most common things I'm seeing in this thread is the "It's a game. I should be able to do only the 'fun' stuff. I refuse to do anything I see as 'work'." That is a mindset. More specifically, that is an entitled mindset. If a player is just sitting in fleet doing nothing but talking in general chat while waiting for an LFG to pop, when he could be out doing a few dailies while waiting, is that player "a casual player with no time to do grind dailies" or is that player an "entitled player who has time to earn a few credits but refuses to do so"?

A few posts back, there was a poster who said he waited 1.5 hours for an HM FP to pop. What did he do doing that 1.5 hours? I don't know. He didn't say. I would not be surprised to find out he sat on the fleet typing in chat. I'm not saying that he did sit on fleet, only that I would not be surprised if he did. I do know that in that 1.5 hours, he could have completed at least 2 planets worth of dailies and earned well over 100k, probably closer to 200k. He didn't have to give up a night of raiding, or even a day of HM FP's. All he would have been doing is using the time he was already waiting to earn a few credits.

There are plenty of casual players who have limited time who are able to find the means to be able to afford these new higher repair costs. That does not make them hardore, or no-lifers.

That said, EA/BW does need to fix the bug that is causing repair costs to be based on the value of the shell.

VassagoOmega
02.19.2013 , 09:28 AM | #1080
So I did my usual thing yesterday. I logged in to participate in the Ilum event. I haven't been overly active lately, because the game's starting to get boring for me. Farming dailies, then blowing all of the cash on stuff on the GTN is pretty common for me. I don't have lot of time to spend on this game, so my credits never usually get higher than 500k. That being said, I went a step further yesterday, and actually did Section X as well for a change. Not common for me to run more than one area of dailies, because it's boring and repetitive. I decided to try out this new boss for the first time yesterday. I was invited to a 16-man run on Xeno, and I went with it. We had a goofball in the group who decided he needed to stealth in and stand under the boss while we were getting organized to start, and obviously, he caused a premature pull, and wiped the group that was inside. This happened twice. The second time I wasn't inside the instance yet, so I missed out. After reforming the group, and attempting the boss for what would have been the third time, (second for me because I was locked out of the second), we defeated him after another wipe.

I repaired twice. I had 30k credits to my name before attempting Xeno. I had no idea of the new repair costs. After repairing TWICE!!!!!!!!!, I was left with less than 5k.

This is not how it's supposed to be. I used to be able to wipe at least 4-5 times on that amount of credits. And now that I'm broke, I can't afford to repair anything, and I'm sitting with a 21k repair bill, and no money to fix it. I have to wait another day, to do more dailies, and probably break more of my gear, just to be able to fix it. This is stupid. And not to mention, defeats the purpose of the dailies in the first place.

I'm casual, and I'm bored of the dailies that we have. I'm sick of the bugs that aren't fixed. I'm tired of hearing the same old "We are aware of the problem and are working on a solution." or "We have passed it along to our devs and expect this to be dealt with soon."

I've started playing Star Trek Online, because it's smaller, performs better on my machine, looks way better, and has a MUCH better free-to-play model. I don't have to pay, but I can do everything else that my friends are doing, without any restrictions. I'm pointing this out, because I'm serious! I'm BORED with the dailies. I'm TIRED of being FORCED to do them CONSTANTLY!!!!

This repair cost is STUPID. I'm wearing the same Columi Shells that I've had since I picked them up. I'm using the same damn Campaign armorings I've had since they became available for purchase with Black Hole Commendations. I haven't changed ANYTHING!! Why am I being penalized?

And you (EA) expect me to just suck it up? Here's a news flash for you. Games are supposed to be fun. When they stop being fun, they aren't games anymore, they're jobs or chores. This game has turned into a chore. I don't want to continue to pay to do chores. I should be getting PAID to do them.

I'm not even a hardcore raider, but I lead the raids for our guild. I can't put up with this. My guild is pissed because I haven't bothered to log in to raid because I can't afford it anymore. This is rediculous.

I don't care what repair costs were for other people, that's none of my business. My repair costs have now exceeded what I typically farm in a week. The game is no longer enjoyable, or playable for me. I'm not going to log in until this is fixed. I have no reason to. If I want to do chores all day for no return, I'll go clean my son's room.

Sorry for the rant, but that's my two cents. I'm just upset, because I've really enjoyed playing this game until now, and I just can't enjoy it anymore. It's not fun to be broke and unable to do anything about it. I don't want to unsub, like so many people keep saying that they want to do, but I may not be able to afford this game for much longer, hence the long post. I want my point to be taken seriously, that's all. I WANT THIS GAME TO BE ALL THAT IT CAN BE AND MORE!! I'm a pro, not a con! I love this game and want to see it succeed! Please help us out!
TURRIS FORTIS MIHI DEUS
Awakened to Redemption A Christian Gaming Guild