Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

I keep messing up!

Hestis
02.19.2013 , 08:45 AM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by slafko View Post
Elitist attitude would be "die less", "l2p", "stop whining" and other crap along those lines.

What I said stands - common sense and a game so easy you can faceroll your keyboard and still prevail. As for me being helpful or not; you have no idea what you're talking about since you've never met me and played with me. So please, spare me your conclusions.
Well, in a thread full of helpful information and posters with good attitudes, yours was the only post to contain neither. Common sense should show you that. You actually took time to make a post that literally contributed nothing to the discussion, so yeah, conclusion drawn.

To everyone else, thanks for a great thread!

TwoLekku
02.19.2013 , 12:34 PM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by Hichitsuki-hime View Post
this is also a problem i began having in sm ops and hm fps from time to time ever since i began buying the black hole gear (only have two pieces so far though) ... would really appreciate it if someone could please help me figure out what would be the threat dump for a dps shadow running the balance tree
Building on what Stressfire said, there are 2 types of 'pulling aggro' as a DPS. First, make sure you're following "standard dps protocol" = don't shoot first, and kill all of the little guys while the tank occupies the big guys, unless it's a boss fight or a particular encounter that requires a different mechanic. (In FP's, there aren't many non-boss encounters that require a different mechanic.)

Assuming you're following 'standard dps protocol', there are 2 types of pulling aggro.

1. Some low-level mob is attacking you.
----> Easy. Finish killing what you're killing...and now you know who's going to die next? That guy shooting you!

2. Some bigger (silver, gold, etc)mob is attacking you.
-----> Can you cc him? If so, do it now and then finish what you were killing before. If not, finish what you were killing before and then either (a) take him yourself if you think you can or (b) go start helping the tank with what he's doing so that you pull the bigger mob over to where the tank is.

A good tank will keep aggro on as much as possible, but good tanks often also assume that you know what to cc in advance of an encounter, so sometimes you might pull aggro because of an assumption.

And if you really want an A+, keep an eye on your healer...killing mobs who attack your healer is a fantastic way of climbing up a healer's priority list

Solaufein
02.19.2013 , 06:41 PM | #43
My advice?

Join a Guild. Advertise yourself on your server's forum. You seem willing to learn your class. I'd expect there's a Guild out there willing to take you on board and show you the ropes.

It really will be a far more pleasant , and faster, learning experience than trying to do it all on your own.

slafko
02.20.2013 , 04:01 AM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by Never_Hesitate View Post
Where should someone know all this things from, remember not everyone reads tons of guides before they start playing the game
I never read any SWTOR guides before I started playing and I've never had problems with the game's difficulty. If aynthing, I found it - and still do - extremely easy compared to some other games I've played (not limited to MMO's only).

Quote: Originally Posted by Hestis View Post
Well, in a thread full of helpful information and posters with good attitudes, yours was the only post to contain neither. Common sense should show you that. You actually took time to make a post that literally contributed nothing to the discussion, so yeah, conclusion drawn.
You should really brush up on your definition of the terms "elitist" and "disagreement". If you failed to understand the message my post was conveying, it doesn't make the post - or the poster - elitist. That's all there is to it.

Hestis
02.20.2013 , 08:37 AM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by slafko View Post
You should really brush up on your definition of the terms "elitist" and "disagreement". If you failed to understand the message my post was conveying, it doesn't make the post - or the poster - elitist. That's all there is to it.
And you should really brush up on your reading comprehension skills (apparently that's not as easy for you as video games). I never used either of those terms, that was another poster. I merely pointed out that you were the only person to bring negativity into this thread, and that your post served no other purpose. That's all there is to it.

And to that end, I'm done with you. I won't contribute any further to derailing and excellent thread. My apologies to everyone else for even contributing this much.

slafko
02.20.2013 , 08:45 AM | #46
I never used either of those terms, that was another poster.
You didn't have to because you did this:

I merely pointed out that you were the only person to bring negativity into this thread, and that your post served no other purpose.
Which was clear signal you too have problems with above mentioned terms.

There was nothing elitist in my post. There was disagreement with everyone who calls this game hard. There were some other things too, but - apparently - they were too subtle for most to recognize. It's okay, I really am used to that.