Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Kaggath Tournament - Revan vs Xizor

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Kaggath Tournament - Revan vs Xizor

Warren-Stride
02.19.2013 , 06:38 AM | #211
Quote: Originally Posted by GarfieldJL View Post
One point I think that should be made is that the kind of assassins Xizor can hire to go after Revan wouldn't exactly be the kind he hasn't faced before. They wouldn't exactly be something that would catch Revan by surprise.
This isn't strictly true.

The only "assassins" Darth Revan has faced before are Jedi. He will be completely unfamiliar with other non-force users and their tactics. IG-86 droids did not exist during Revan's time. I'm almost positive he's never had to deal with an Anzat. Let's also not forget that Redeemed Revan fell prey to many assassination attempts by non-force users, and was almost defeated in several, had it not been for his companions. However, these attacks haven't happened yet, and so he will still be prone to underestimating them.

Darth Revan has not faced assassins other than Jedi, so he will be just as "surprised" as Xizor.
G0-T0 - "Pazaak bores me. I often suspect my opponent of cheating."
Guri - "I am what I am. I don't think there can be any salvation for me."
PROXY - "I was afraid that I wouldn't be able to kill you myself."
HK-01 - "The Great Droid Revolution will not fail."

Beniboybling
02.19.2013 , 06:46 AM | #212
Quote: Originally Posted by Warren-Stride View Post
Let's also not forget that Redeemed Revan fell prey to many assassination attempts by non-force users, and was almost defeated in several, had it not been for his companions.
He did? My Revan kicked butt.

Warren-Stride
02.19.2013 , 06:47 AM | #213
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
He did? My Revan kicked butt.

Alright, but without the companions, even your Revan would have been toast.
G0-T0 - "Pazaak bores me. I often suspect my opponent of cheating."
Guri - "I am what I am. I don't think there can be any salvation for me."
PROXY - "I was afraid that I wouldn't be able to kill you myself."
HK-01 - "The Great Droid Revolution will not fail."

Beniboybling
02.19.2013 , 06:51 AM | #214
Quote: Originally Posted by Warren-Stride View Post

Alright, but without the companions, even your Revan would have been toast.
Are you referring to Calo Nord and Darth Bandon? And all those Sith who were like 'Darth Malak is most displeased that you escaped Taris alive...blah blah blah' I'm not sure I'd call them assassination attempts, just battles Revan happened to be outmatched in (although that is sort a hypothetical statement, we only assume that based on game mechanics.)

Either way I think the element of surprise depends less on the knowledge of the 'art of assassination' and more on the skills of the assassin, and the circumstances in which in happens...

EDIT: Mind you, when it comes to assassination, Revan is something of an expert - e.g. HK-47, Sith assassins etc. he used assassination extensively during the Jedi Civil War. But Xizor is no stranger to assassination protocols either

EDIT 2: But anyway, enough debate - I think its time to call this.

Beniboybling
02.19.2013 , 10:01 AM | #215
IMPORTANT ANNOUCEMENT: THIS DEBATE IS CLOSED

Victor: Darth Revan

Darth Revan: 89

Prince Xizor: 75

The Kaggath Final will premiere soon once we've all had a well deserved rest, so start flexing those debating muscles. For now, I'd ask you to turn your attention once again to Kaggath Suggestions in preparation for the Kaggath Bonus Series.

Thanks for debating! That is all.

Ventessel
02.19.2013 , 10:02 AM | #216
If you're calling it now, great.

Also, if you ever talked to HK-47 in the sequel about killing Jedi, or anyone for that matter, he had a pretty extensive list of methods and weapons he was familiar with and employed. There isn't really anything special or innovative about the IG-86 droids when you get down to it.

They're tough, fairly agile, and have flexible programming. They use blasters and explosives mostly, and whatever else they can get their hands on. Not that different from HK-47 at the end of the day, and Revan built HK-47... in his spare time, while conquering the galaxy. He's kind of the inventor of the "assassination protocol".

EDIT: I see that the results preceded this post by one minute. However, you can never have enough HK-47.
The Heir to ChaosAdded Chapter Sixteen-- 17 APR 2013
Kaggath Brawl: Round One Round Two
“People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.” ~ George Orwell