Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

Atrummos
02.19.2013 , 01:11 AM | #2221
Just thought I'd drop my 2 cents in on this topic.

To clear a few things up:

*I am part of a PvP guild
*I solo queue most nights until about 10pm my time (as that is when kids are in bed and I am able to play for a while without AFKing)
*I regularly see people from other PvP guilds solo queueing almost as often as I see them in groups.

This is my perspective on this whole issue, but feel it has been lost somewhere in the QQ about premades. The main reason why I joined a PvP guild and like grouping with like-minded people is not because I like to 'roflstomp' people or make their gaming experience a nightmare but it is because playing on the team of the god awful mouthbreathers is like smashing my face against a brick wall; not fun in the slightest.

I honestly believe most genuine people who play and enjoy PvP do it for the challenge; but those same people when they are forced to group with the absolutely atrocious won't continue to play. And, I am sad to say it, but most people who complain about 'premades' (case in point this one from last night while PuGing someone thought it a great idea to comment 'Damn those XXXXXX [insert premade group's guild name] cross-healing each other' - as if healing is a no-no or something) are the terribads that those in premades are trying to avoid.

Logically, if they are running in a group of 4 they only need to worry about carrying 4 of the bads instead of 6-7.

Additionally, many of you are likely wondering 'Why don't you just do ranked?'. Couple of reasons, really: time, harder to have 8 people of the right class balance and make-up to form a team (yes, certain classes / specs are preferable over others ... it's not all get 8 people and run rated situation), no teams to go up against - on my server there are few PvP guilds that do rated anymore as the player-base is so low and there is no cross-server queues so pride gets in the way after a few losses.

TL;DR Sometimes people run in 'premades' or groups of friends, as I like to call them, because they are trying desperately to minimize their chances of playing with the inept to save themselves the frustration.
Atrummos
<Seraphic Nexus>
Dalborra
http://seraphic-nexus.enjin.com

SuperGrunt
02.19.2013 , 01:16 AM | #2222
Honestly I think they should just separate the queues. If you are in a group you only go against other groups, and they should also move ahead with what ever lowbie separation they are planing on adding. I am sick of getting into a group for on my lvl 47 PVP character, and having a PUG group full of teens and run into a double pre-made of 40s.
Healing, damage, tanking, it doesn't matter. I do it all. I have been doing it while winning in PVP since Beta.

DarthRaika
02.19.2013 , 01:27 AM | #2223
Fine pionts Attrum but regardless of skill, etc. those people have just as much right to have fun as you do. As it is now the average casual player can not have fun.

To make matters worse, the skilled player with a decent irl has a lot of issues as well. This person can either make a good premade and just have very little challenge most of the time, make a premade with friends of random gear/classes, or pug and face a lot of premades with great gear and most importantly great class composition.

The first option would quickly get boring for most competitive pvpr's with a decent irl (happened to me for example).

The second option is what I spend a decent portion of time on and I enjoy it a lot (I am still playing far too much so I obviously do lol) but again most decent players that want competition don't want this type of premade all the time as they want to have.....COMPETITION!

The final option is what I spend the majority of my time doing and I enjoy it but it can get annoying and if you are just an average player or someone who doesn't believe in dropping the obvious super q vs. 3+recruit matches it can get very tedious very fast.

What we really need is a good system of premade matching. Something where the wait time for premades does not go over 10minutes but the system at least tries to find premades first.

Failing this we need a solo only option and also an option for ranked teams of 2-8. To make the ranked teams work better it would also allow solo q'rs a ranked option.

The rank option for solo q'rs would have a stat requirements and 2 tiers of stats. It would also take a few tiers of ranking into account. If you solo q'd rank you would also be in the regular solo q, however if a ranked team only needs 1 more to fill it up the system would search these q'rs and try to find someone with the highest in both of these categories. The ranked system after a few minutes could also pick up more than one from the dual solo q'rs.

I am rather sure this could work on most populated servers most of the time. It would be great for casuals and for pvpr's that want good competition.

crunchbarry
02.19.2013 , 02:38 AM | #2224
Quote: Originally Posted by Mournblood View Post
You can synch queue with another group of 4 and most times you'll all get into the same WZ together. There's also those times when a good group of 4 will get paired with another good group of 4. For PUGs, that's usually a disadvantage they can't overcome.
So you're suggesting they make this game where you can't queue with your friends.

............................right.
twitch.tv/vespelmadeenterror

blaxxtarz
02.19.2013 , 03:34 AM | #2225
The whole BG problem comes down to "leagues not yet invented here". Champions elite premades vs. random back yard noobs - oh noez, why oh why would the elite guys always win? Dear Cpt. Obvious, seems we finally got you a job at bioware.

The way it's now, the only winning move is not to play.

Redderic
02.19.2013 , 03:36 AM | #2226
Quote: Originally Posted by foxmob View Post
making a premade vs. not doing so has nothing whatsoever to do with pvping correctly. fyi: there be some horrid premades that definitely don't pvp "correctly."
i was referring to them as separate conditions. didnt mean for them to appear linked because yes i have found myself in groups with guild that runs with 5 all the time and i can honestly say i have never won a game when they are in it because they are all that bad. then if you call them out on it they blame you even if you score is better than all 5 of them combined :\
what it should have looked like is
1. make a premade to counter theirs - voice chat helps clearly
2. l2pvp correctly - go for the objective and take charge l2tell others to do something.

when you call out something people follow that lead and start to all as well i have noticed. also do NOT rely on others to mark healers. the second you see a dedicated healer mark that bastard and also mark any bubble stunners, that way you can focus them as well before the bub-stuns get rediculous.
Name: Little'Red
Class: Infiltration Shadow O.o
Guild: Ascension
SERVER: PoTF

Redderic
02.19.2013 , 03:47 AM | #2227
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthRaika View Post
Fine pionts Attrum but regardless of skill, etc. those people have just as much right to have fun as you do. As it is now the average casual player can not have fun.

To make matters worse, the skilled player with a decent irl has a lot of issues as well. This person can either make a good premade and just have very little challenge most of the time, make a premade with friends of random gear/classes, or pug and face a lot of premades with great gear and most importantly great class composition.

The first option would quickly get boring for most competitive pvpr's with a decent irl (happened to me for example).

The second option is what I spend a decent portion of time on and I enjoy it a lot (I am still playing far too much so I obviously do lol) but again most decent players that want competition don't want this type of premade all the time as they want to have.....COMPETITION!

The final option is what I spend the majority of my time doing and I enjoy it but it can get annoying and if you are just an average player or someone who doesn't believe in dropping the obvious super q vs. 3+recruit matches it can get very tedious very fast.

What we really need is a good system of premade matching. Something where the wait time for premades does not go over 10minutes but the system at least tries to find premades first.

Failing this we need a solo only option and also an option for ranked teams of 2-8. To make the ranked teams work better it would also allow solo q'rs a ranked option.

The rank option for solo q'rs would have a stat requirements and 2 tiers of stats. It would also take a few tiers of ranking into account. If you solo q'd rank you would also be in the regular solo q, however if a ranked team only needs 1 more to fill it up the system would search these q'rs and try to find someone with the highest in both of these categories. The ranked system after a few minutes could also pick up more than one from the dual solo q'rs.

I am rather sure this could work on most populated servers most of the time. It would be great for casuals and for pvpr's that want good competition.
they do have a system that tries to place premades together first... have you ever been in que with 3+ people and noticed how much longer it takes? ill bet you havnt,
also, you can complain that premades ruin "your" fun all you want but the funny thing is how you seem to act like what you want is what "the average player" wants. im sorry but i did not see a poll with "the average player" completely agreeing to your ideas at all. why is that? because you throw words in other peoples mouths and pretend what you want is golden. that is why bio/ea dont care and will never listen to you.
In all honesty i pug every match i play. I never run in premades and i still finish every single weekly in 1 day.
I also had a full set of BM in 2 weeks when it was on the roulette system. I only have 1 of my toons in full WH but have no problems with the other 2 getting their weeklys done.
the fact of the matter is that you are bad and need a premade to carry you clearly. you act like its because the other team is premade but when you have a thread with hundreds of people saying your wrong its time to move on and either
1. quit pvp - we would all hope for this from you
2. quit swtor- this or 1 would suffice
3. deal with it
4. get good
Name: Little'Red
Class: Infiltration Shadow O.o
Guild: Ascension
SERVER: PoTF

CommanderKeeva
02.19.2013 , 04:15 AM | #2228
Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy_reborn View Post
might i suggest one of the following:

- get better
- make friends
- join a PvP guild

else, you are going to continue to be sorely disappointed
It won't stop the elite PvP guilds going for normal warzones in an ops group of 8 for ****z and gigglz and lulz and eazy commz. I cannot recount how many times I've seen ALL the enemies with the same guild tag in a normal warzone. Until we get cross-server queues and these people go into rated or all the frustrated puggers quit the game, this thread will just keep getting more bloated.

We can place bets on which one is going to happen sooner.
BEING A GOOD SOLDIER COMES DOWN TO ONE THING, ONE SINGLE QUESTION:
WHAT ARE YOU PREPARED TO SACRIFICE?

Soulwave
02.19.2013 , 07:21 AM | #2229
Quote: Originally Posted by Redderic View Post
they do have a system that tries to place premades together first... have you ever been in que with 3+ people and noticed how much longer it takes? ill bet you havnt,
also, you can complain that premades ruin "your" fun all you want but the funny thing is how you seem to act like what you want is what "the average player" wants. im sorry but i did not see a poll with "the average player" completely agreeing to your ideas at all. why is that? because you throw words in other peoples mouths and pretend what you want is golden. that is why bio/ea dont care and will never listen to you.
In all honesty i pug every match i play. I never run in premades and i still finish every single weekly in 1 day.
I also had a full set of BM in 2 weeks when it was on the roulette system. I only have 1 of my toons in full WH but have no problems with the other 2 getting their weeklys done.
the fact of the matter is that you are bad and need a premade to carry you clearly. you act like its because the other team is premade but when you have a thread with hundreds of people saying your wrong its time to move on and either
1. quit pvp - we would all hope for this from you
2. quit swtor- this or 1 would suffice
3. deal with it
4. get good
There we have the queen bee of troll's..Tunnel vision to all what happens in this game! Why do you think this is such a big issue.. There is no match making system..It can take just as long queuing as a solo. On this thread there is just as many people that support the OP. I am one. Try reading all the post's..before you speak for the rest of us. Do you think its proper match making to put people with full Elite warhero gear against people that just turned 50? You a official from bioware..seeing as you know that "They dont care"?

cycao
02.19.2013 , 07:33 AM | #2230
Quote: Originally Posted by SuperGrunt View Post
Honestly I think they should just separate the queues. If you are in a group you only go against other groups, and they should also move ahead with what ever lowbie separation they are planing on adding. I am sick of getting into a group for on my lvl 47 PVP character, and having a PUG group full of teens and run into a double pre-made of 40s.
lulz at lowbies.