No one votes for - Healers in WZ's

WIZBASKY

DPS = selfish

HEALERS = Selfless

Vote for the healers they keeping your **** DPS *** alive

and this thread of yours is all about selfless.

hay, I'm attention Wh... vote for meeeeee!!!111oneoneone

to the subject, votes are random usually.. I pvp as 2 dps/tanks (respec depending of need, 2 sets of gear), sniper and a healer, sometimes I get 7 medals as dps, sometimes I do fast cap run on voidstar (granted by my team who served as distraction) and get 0, and sometimes as a ball carrier with 3 solo scores I get 1 vote...

sometiems after double ninja on voidstar on my assassin, I get 0 votes even if I heard 'good job ninja' in ops chat from 4 people...

again, MVP are random, situational, and not realy any reward, more like 'recognized' and if you werent, well, you don't get mvp.

people might vote less for sorc/sage healers as many of them guard nodes and reducing their health to put up numbers on healing. Bad Karma.

Edited by Atramar

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am a bubble stun spec healer for WZ's, just in a game i just played I did 560k healing 2nd healer was 200k

Not 1 vote, I have been playing healer for last 2 weeks and I think in that Time i have gotten 3 votes, I can understand not voting for a DPSee, or a HUTBALL capper, as you do not really know who did what to help the game, a 1st place DPSer just may have been out for kills teh whole game not helping I have done that and come 1st in DPS.

and in hutball you cannot tell who did the capping at the scoreboard, but healers are eveident, VOTE FOR EM or you will probably start losing healers. After every game when i get no votes i feel like never healing for a PYG ever again, but i also like it, it's frustrating. Show some appreciation guys & gals.

On my healer i have the highest average of MVPs/Medal ... a little advice: heal those that will recognize it and win you the game. Nothing more to say. Ever tried to get just ONE Mvp as a tank managing to get 250k guard in a PUG?

DPS = selfish

HEALERS = Selfless

Vote for the healers they keeping your **** DPS *** alive

What is with the Tanks? They keep you alive and defend your ***. If i see a good tank i give him my MVP, or when i see a player wo contributed alot in a BG, sometimes i give some ppl MvP for using not so mainstream specs and classes, like Vigilance in PvP as a Jugger (rocks really hard).

MVP votes do not mean squat anyway. But why should healers get all the votes? In some matches like AE, i will have the lowest dmg, kills, medals, etc. But the fact that i take out 2+ defenders and steal the enemy pylon at the last moment at the right time in each round, not only effectively ends the match a round or two early, but guarantees a win.

Yes, i could death match in the middle and pad my stats, or defend out pylon and get defense medals. And since i do not complain/brag about it in the WZs, i get 0 votes 99.9% of the time. Does that mean a healer in the match is more important? other WZs have other stat-padding going on as well.

Stats do not mean anything in any WZ. MVP votes is just a popularity contest to help friends give medals to their friends. When i play my madness sorc, i get ~400k+ dmg and 200-300k healing. People look at those stats and think 'great off healing sorc', which isnt true, though i do offheal some, most of those heals are from bubbles (non stun variety bubbles) or off-heals.

And for the record, I only vote for folks i personally see doing something good in a WZ, never based on stats at the end of the match. And i'll leave immediately when the 'exit warzone' button appears, as i do not care whether people vote for me or not. All i care about is the win, the credits and the comms. And rarely, if ever, will i vote for a smash-monkey or a bubble-stunning bozo, as those are two of the most idiotic specs ever designed, regardless if they are on my team or not. And i have zero respect for the medal whoring, stat padding mechanisms of those classes (classes, not the players).

MVP votes are random. I got votes when I was total noob, had crappy gear and played terribly - ending with little medals and worst dps. And sometimes I do something awesome and save the day, expecting to get lots of mvp - and get zero, while some useless healer with 200k heals on some totally random people gets 3. After awhile I just stopped caring, its not like you can show them off anyway. =)

What is with the Tanks? They keep you alive and defend your ***. If i see a good tank i give him my MVP

Preach!

Healers are selfless until they get focused, then they worry about themselves. They can LOS and heal themselves. When tanks get focused, they just die slowly without support.

As a healer, I found it so easy to get mvps and probably sometimes I really dont deserve that much...:rolleyes:

In terms of commendations the vote its not really a big deal, but I get that it makes you feel better when your playing is appreciated by someone else, even tho asking for them is not gonna bring you anywhere. Just do your part, mvps will come ;)

I vote for:

1. Somebody who did things for the team instead of running off to get a medal for exta rewards.

2. People who follow the ops leader's directions.

3. Healers who do both of the above and d decent

4. Any other player who does the above

All in all about every warzone I choose between 1 or 2 people since most don't do these thing

But seriously what is the point of these MVP votes anyways? Besides the pride of feeling good aobut it or feeling appreciated does it give extra comms or anything? cause if it does i'm changing my vote system a little to help low-geared or low-level players to level up or gear up (L50 or Sub50)

But seriously what is the point of these MVP votes anyways? Besides the pride of feeling good aobut it or feeling appreciated does it give extra comms or anything? cause if it does i'm changing my vote system a little to help low-geared or low-level players to level up or gear up (L50 or Sub50)

You get 1 extra warzone commendation per vote.

I find, on PoT5 at least, healers get the most votes. voting for dps and objectives seem to be about even, and no one but me and a few others seem to vote for tanks. As a healer I generally vote for the highest protection, if there hasn't been any real tanking I vote for objectives or another healer if I was first. And if someone is stuck defending a node by himself the entire time and doing call outs when needed I vote for him because doing that is incredibly boring but very helpful for the grp.

I find, on PoT5 at least, healers get the most votes. voting for dps and objectives seem to be about even, and no one but me and a few others seem to vote for tanks. As a healer I generally vote for the highest protection, if there hasn't been any real tanking I vote for objectives or another healer if I was first. And if someone is stuck defending a node by himself the entire time and doing call outs when needed I vote for him because doing that is incredibly boring but very helpful for the grp.

Also on PoT5 and healers definitely do get the most votes. On mine, I'll usually vote for whoever pulled more than their weight or had the highest protection.

at original poster:

I voted for a healer yesterday. He healed for 85K and had 0 DPS. On my DPS Sage I healed for 337K and had 279 DPS. I mean the healer was a beast. I had no choice but to vote for him.

Jenna'syyde

i have found it curious on my pug pubs that a healer with very little dps will get more votes than the toon doing both great dps and healing-- as if the hybrid player was being selfish (assuming healing self whole time) -- they adopt the fallacy existing in pve where healer should only heal and never do anything else

i have found it curious on my pug pubs that a healer with very little dps will get more votes than the toon doing both great dps and healing-- as if the hybrid player was being selfish (assuming healing self whole time) -- they adopt the fallacy existing in pve where healer should only heal and never do anything else

That also annoys me lol. Heal and dps during down time = no vote because 200k healing + 100k dmg is way worse than 250k healing and 0 dmg.

inb4 someone jumps the gun about my choice of made up numbers.

Edited by Fievre

Healers almost get all the votes on my server. Never want votes? Try playing a tank, then cry some about votes and selflessness.

Very true, especially when you get above 100K protection. No one knows it is you taunting like made and protecting, while when you are healed you see the healers name above you. Oh well, I'm a guardian, I guard and protect my team, because that is what I am.

I only vote for healers who are capable of affecting the game in more ways than just healing.

So my taunts, slows, and peels aren't good enough for you? What about me pushing that guy in the pit who was on you?

Blah blah blah, heal this, heal that. If you don't keep your players up I won't vote for you. If we have multiple people who died 8 times and you died 2, GFY.

Vote for the healer, vote for the dps, vote for the person with no gear. Who honestly cares? If you are a healer and you aren't getting votes, chances are you weren't very good in the match and someone else was much better.

Very true, especially when you get above 100K protection. No one knows it is you taunting like made and protecting, while when you are healed you see the healers name above you. Oh well, I'm a guardian, I guard and protect my team, because that is what I am.

There is no stat for my slows, for my stuns, for my push the player targeting you in the pit, me pulling the ball carrier to score, me getting ahead of the ball carrier for a leap target, etc.

If you vote by stats you are a noob. Those little things I described are big differences in matches, they are the reason why people call hacks, and why there are five minute matches.

There is no stat for my slows, for my stuns, for my push the player targeting you in the pit, me pulling the ball carrier to score, me getting ahead of the ball carrier for a leap target, etc.

If you vote by stats you are a noob. Those little things I described are big differences in matches, they are the reason why people call hacks, and why there are five minute matches.

lol - tanking sucks. I mean, if you're into it, that's great. but for most ppl, it's just not fun to wave around a wet noodle AND not be able to heal. this, of course, means very little glory (protection is a distant 3rd). but before I cry a river for the plight of every WZ tank, I can't help but notice that they tend to be the top medal winners. the game recognizes you. I'd rather spread the wealth to other useful players - unless I witness something specific, but that applies to voting in any situation, does it not?

Edited by foxmob

Do do you only vote for DPS that do more than just DPS?

Yes, because they are capable of impacting the game in critical ways outside of pew pewing things. A well timed CC or a stealther stealing a node for example. You could do 1 billion damage and still lose the match because it is not a matter of who did the most damage nor who healed the most but who played the objectives.

I am a bubble stun spec healer for WZ's, just in a game i just played I did 560k healing 2nd healer was 200k

Not 1 vote, I have been playing healer for last 2 weeks and I think in that Time i have gotten 3 votes, I can understand not voting for a DPSee, or a HUTBALL capper, as you do not really know who did what to help the game, a 1st place DPSer just may have been out for kills teh whole game not helping I have done that and come 1st in DPS.

and in hutball you cannot tell who did the capping at the scoreboard, but healers are eveident, VOTE FOR EM or you will probably start losing healers. After every game when i get no votes i feel like never healing for a PYG ever again, but i also like it, it's frustrating. Show some appreciation guys & gals.

This is some of the most blasphemous regurge Ive read today. LOL at healers not gettting votes. You, healers, get more unearned votes than anyone in WZ's......by a metric ton. You wanna see who gets snubbed? Tanks who guard. That's who gets the high hard one for votes. I have witnessed folks who put up over 3-400k protection and not get a single vote.....not even from "poor me" healers, like you. So spare me....

Most WZ's I play in, the healer gets 3-5 votes simply by being top healer on team.

Pfft...:rolleyes: