Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Regarding the rage thread before. I'm good now. Let's discuss.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service (Read-Only)
Regarding the rage thread before. I'm good now. Let's discuss.

12.20.2011 , 10:05 PM | #1
First off, I'd like to apologize for presenting myself in that way. No excuses, but I finally got fed up and let my nerdrage do the talking.

1) For customer service, I realize it was a rough launch, and that BW is (hopefully) doing everything they can to smooth things out.
2) For my forum rage, I'm just sick of clicking "next page" buttons over and over in HOPE of finding my previous posts. I realize that you should be able to find your previous posts through the "Statistics" page on the "My Profile" page.
3) The subscription thing is just weird to me. It seems to me that your 30 day trial isn't really a time to see if you like the game.
4) I'm 99.58% positive that the graphics issue I'm experiencing is a problem with the game, not my computer. Whenever I move my character or change camera angle, my screen is FILLED with blocks and lines of what appears to be the surrounding environment. They cover my character and everything else, however they are under my UI(map, action bars, etc.).
5) I'm usually a grammar nazi, so I put that one in just to do it I guess.
6) As for bumping this outta rage, it seems the response I received from this did it for me.

7) Now, let's discuss these issues in a more productive way.
MY bad..

12.20.2011 , 10:15 PM | #2
Also, I've turned shadows off and set my graphics from high to low trying to fix the problem. Nothing. I'll post screens in a little bit to see if anyone else has had these problems too.

12.20.2011 , 10:24 PM | #3

^^ That's the problem. Any suggestions?

12.20.2011 , 10:35 PM | #4
First, what graphic card you are using? It might prove usefull to at least know that stuff.

In the meantime, some general advices on how to resolve your issue
You might be using either an nVidia or a AMD/ATI video card.

Download the latest drivers from the respective website
do not install them yet.

Google for Driver Sweeper.

Download it

Then uninstall everything related to your graphics card. nVidia: physx, hd audio, 3D vision, and the drivers from the control panel, add/remove program on win XP, programs and features on Vista/Seven. Not sure about Vista here, but it should be pretty much the same as Seven
ATI: drivers and Catalyst software. If you have a AMD motherboard with an ATI chipset, it is safe to also uninstall that. The Catalyst software will reinstall everything back, alongside your graphics drivers.

When done, restart in safe mode without network support.

Run Driver Sweeper, and tick any box related to nVidia, excepted nVidia Chipset related thing. Click on Clean. Restart the computer and install your drivers, tick the box that says new installation. You will have to recreate all your game 3D profiles.

If you have ATI/AMD video card, tick all that is related to ATI, then click clean in Driver Sweeper. Reboot and install the latest Catalyst software

If you still get issues with the latest drivers, try to get older ones, begining from the latest. Do all the steps above between each driver test.

If that doesn't work, there might have other software or hardware problems on your computer.

12.20.2011 , 10:44 PM | #5
I'm using an Intel Graphics Media Accelerator (GMA) 4500MHD. It's the stock card in my Vaio laptop. Yes, I know it's not the optimum gaming computer haha.

I've updated all the drivers for this already, and I've ran all updates as suggested on the FAQ page.

The problem still allows me to play and do stuff in the game, I just can't see what I'm doing haha.