Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

ones who quit early perform worse than those who don't

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
ones who quit early perform worse than those who don't

Sadishist's Avatar


Sadishist
02.19.2013 , 12:52 AM | #1
Say in a Huttball match, team was getting rolled 0-4, then many players in the team left and new ones joined, and ended up winning 6-4. I'd say that the people who quit early tend to perform worse than those who stay.

Amebia's Avatar


Amebia
02.19.2013 , 01:24 AM | #2
Some people are in a rush to finish their weekly so they leave when things start going south.
Can't blame em

mrekxxx's Avatar


mrekxxx
02.19.2013 , 01:24 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Sadishist View Post
Say in a Huttball match, team was getting rolled 0-4, then many players in the team left and new ones joined, and ended up winning 6-4. I'd say that the people who quit early tend to perform worse than those who stay.
thats only luck ... statistically 80% players doesnt know how to play pvp

HelinCarnate's Avatar


HelinCarnate
02.19.2013 , 01:31 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Sadishist View Post
Say in a Huttball match, team was getting rolled 0-4, then many players in the team left and new ones joined, and ended up winning 6-4. I'd say that the people who quit early tend to perform worse than those who stay.
No way to say for sure. The first people who quit may have been the ones preventing it from being 0-6 and the game being over and got sick of it, then some others that were actually doing nothing quit as well and all of them got replaced with people that knew what they were doing.

But if it makes you feel better to assume that those behave in a way that you disagree with are somehow worse than you, more power to ya.
Dear BW,
Please nerf paper and buff rock. Scissors is fine as is.
Signed, Rock.
http://www.swtor.com/r/mB5FPn obligatory referral link.

jizerai's Avatar


jizerai
02.19.2013 , 02:44 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by mrekxxx View Post
thats only luck ... statistically 80% players doesnt know how to play pvp
83% of statistics are made up.

Also, to the OP, these things do happen. It's probably not that probable that it will happen often, though.
Quote: Originally Posted by battlebug View Post
can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will be boxed after sword is out.

Redderic's Avatar


Redderic
02.19.2013 , 03:29 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by mrekxxx View Post
thats only luck ... statistically 80% players doesnt know how to play pvp
statistically 80% of statistics are made up on the spot
Name: Little'Red
Class: Infiltration Shadow O.o
Guild: Ascension
SERVER: PoTF

Redderic's Avatar


Redderic
02.19.2013 , 03:30 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by jizerai View Post
83% of statistics are made up.

Also, to the OP, these things do happen. It's probably not that probable that it will happen often, though.
damn you! you beat me to it!
Name: Little'Red
Class: Infiltration Shadow O.o
Guild: Ascension
SERVER: PoTF

Cretinus's Avatar


Cretinus
02.19.2013 , 03:34 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Sadishist View Post
Say in a Huttball match, team was getting rolled 0-4, then many players in the team left and new ones joined, and ended up winning 6-4. I'd say that the people who quit early tend to perform worse than those who stay.
Where's the logic of that? The only thing you can say is that the ones who left performed worse than the ones who replaced them. The ones who didn't leave were there when the team was getting rolled 0-4; and they were also there when the team won 6-4. Their performance can be interpreted in either way, there's not much one can say about it. It's a black box.

Odyseus's Avatar


Odyseus
02.19.2013 , 04:45 AM | #9
Yes, sometimes that happens, however it's extremely rare. The only time I quit WZ's is when my team is composed of complete idiots. Example. I had to leave a WZ the other day because I called out the snow needs help cause there were 2 incoming pubs with only me heading in that direction. I held them off long enough for help to arrive, and guess what, not one player came to assist. After that I knew I was wasting my time.
Odysseus, SWG server Flurry, Commando, TK/Rifleman, Fencer/Combat Medic.

Banderal's Avatar


Banderal
02.19.2013 , 05:20 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Odyseus View Post
Yes, sometimes that happens, however it's extremely rare. The only time I quit WZ's is when my team is composed of complete idiots. Example. I had to leave a WZ the other day because I called out the snow needs help cause there were 2 incoming pubs with only me heading in that direction. I held them off long enough for help to arrive, and guess what, not one player came to assist. After that I knew I was wasting my time.
It's even better when you then get chat-slapped with "why no call!?". I type "scroll up", and then wait for the apology that never comes.

And remember that statistically speaking 50% of the people make up approximately 1/2 the population.