Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Kaon Lightside/Darkside Points Bugged.


Narazumono's Avatar


Narazumono
02.17.2013 , 09:09 PM | #1
Yeah, I just picked all three light side choices, a total of what should be 250 lightside points, and I recieved a wooping 100. Nice how this place has been out for a year and it still doesn't work right.
Can't put a gif or image here. I'm a sad panda.

Athena-Nike's Avatar


Athena-Nike
02.17.2013 , 09:55 PM | #2
Never recall it happening to me, though by the time I'm at Kaon LS/DS points no longer matter so I don't always check.

slafko's Avatar


slafko
02.18.2013 , 02:42 AM | #3
There are some weird allocations of light/dark points in that flashpoint. For example, when that guard captain guy gets infected you get light side points for letting him live, suffer a transformation and then killing him. On the other side, you get dark side points for putting him out of his misery.

The last conversation, with the pilot girl, is a bit weird too. Choice 1: you tell her she can go and get LS points. Choice 2: you tell her she needs a physical just to make sure she's not infected and you get DS points. Makes no sense whatsoever.

CharlieBrown's Avatar


CharlieBrown
02.18.2013 , 04:44 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by slafko View Post
There are some weird allocations of light/dark points in that flashpoint. For example, when that guard captain guy gets infected you get light side points for letting him live, suffer a transformation and then killing him. On the other side, you get dark side points for putting him out of his misery.

The last conversation, with the pilot girl, is a bit weird too. Choice 1: you tell her she can go and get LS points. Choice 2: you tell her she needs a physical just to make sure she's not infected and you get DS points. Makes no sense whatsoever.
I've always assumed (more so now after getting an agent to 50) that if you let her live then tell her she will be interrogated by intelligence that she will be executed and incinerated immediately following the questioning.
FieraMainAssassin Tank
<E> Guild Prophecy of the Five

slafko's Avatar


slafko
02.19.2013 , 01:58 AM | #5
While that might be how they do things in the Empire, I really doubt SIS is into killing innocent and hot female pilots.

Never_Hesitate's Avatar


Never_Hesitate
02.19.2013 , 02:52 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by slafko View Post
While that might be how they do things in the Empire, I really doubt SIS is into killing innocent and hot female pilots.
That's what they want you to think.
T3-M4 - Lvl 55 Chars:
T'hana Jugg, Saleona Sniper, S'inthoras Mara,Hannahla Merc, Eleondra&Eleondraa Ops,
Leeonira Sorc, CaphalÝr Sorc, Kindarya Assa, LeoniŽ PT,
Revuna Mando, Leojuna Scoundrel, Simon'e Shadow, Sileona Guardian

Atramar's Avatar


Atramar
02.19.2013 , 03:20 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by slafko View Post
There are some weird allocations of light/dark points in that flashpoint. For example, when that guard captain guy gets infected you get light side points for letting him live, suffer a transformation and then killing him. On the other side, you get dark side points for putting him out of his misery.
you got it wrong. you get light for killing him as ending his suffering, and dark for letting him transfer just to kill him as a sport/fun
Tracer Legacy, The Red Eclipse.
Not reading colored text, it hurts my eyes. Sorry (unless it's a dev post)
L55:Sniper,Operative,Juggernaut,Assassin,Marauder, Powertech,Guardian,Commando,Scoundrel
to finish:Shadow(41),Sage(53),Merc(39). 29.07.2013

ZeroPlus's Avatar


ZeroPlus
02.19.2013 , 03:54 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Narazumono View Post
Yeah, I just picked all three light side choices, a total of what should be 250 lightside points, and I recieved a wooping 100. Nice how this place has been out for a year and it still doesn't work right.
This might happen if you were at 100 LS points from the maximum.

Was this the case?

Or did you see in the "quest complete" dialog box that you only received 100 LS points?

To further explain: if the "quest complete" dialog box shows 250 LS points, but you only received 100 LS points then that is because you could only "receive" 100 LS points before being maxed out. (Same happens with companion affection. If they are 10 points from being maxed out, and you receive 15 points for completing a quest they only receive 10 points.)
If you seek answers, you must always ask questions. - Master Vandar Tokare.

[Suggestion] Add another Blaster Pistol with the "A-300 Heavy Sonic Needler" model = DONE!

slafko's Avatar


slafko
02.19.2013 , 05:24 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Atramar View Post
you got it wrong. you get light for killing him as ending his suffering, and dark for letting him transfer just to kill him as a sport/fun
Actually, you're the one that has it wrong. I've been pressing 1 for a year now, getting LS points, him transforming and subsequently getting killed along with some mobs that pop up after the cutscene.

You're welcome to run Kaon again if you don't believe me.

Atramar's Avatar


Atramar
02.19.2013 , 05:36 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by slafko View Post
Actually, you're the one that has it wrong. I've been pressing 1 for a year now, getting LS points, him transforming and subsequently getting killed along with some mobs that pop up after the cutscene.

You're welcome to run Kaon again if you don't believe me.
you are, but he will change if person who choose dark side won convo roll.
if you select light side and win convo, you will kill him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UWjpcAtQPE
0:16:16
pressing '1' will leave him to suffer and give dark side points.
also, you you take 100 DS and 150 LS, at end you will get 50 LS points


edit:
actualy, googled republic side Kaon video, you are correct too.
weird republic ways are... weird.
Tracer Legacy, The Red Eclipse.
Not reading colored text, it hurts my eyes. Sorry (unless it's a dev post)
L55:Sniper,Operative,Juggernaut,Assassin,Marauder, Powertech,Guardian,Commando,Scoundrel
to finish:Shadow(41),Sage(53),Merc(39). 29.07.2013