Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Force sweep for 4k dmg, how?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Force sweep for 4k dmg, how?

KettleBelll's Avatar


KettleBelll
02.18.2013 , 02:16 PM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by Tando-Fett View Post
Smash/Force sweep feats in the Focus tree are a joke. Force leap + Force stasis/choke the target to proc the buffs, then SMASHLOL = 5-7k hit on EVERYONE around the smashLOL monkey.

Smashmonkeys need to be nerfed.

Signed,

Vigilance Guardian
This is the most honest thread here *almost*

There are lots of Guardian/Juggernaut players that can't actually pilot smash. They can go out to Ilum, and manage to hit a pack of goblins for a big smash, and say "OMG that's so easy", but they can't handle playing Smash in wzs.

and it makes them mad

and they are bitter about their lack of talent

and it makes them upset that they have to play in Sorseu or Shien form.

These are the loudest of all players against Focus/Rage spec.

Quote: Originally Posted by Tando-Fett View Post
Force leap + Force stasis/choke the target to proc the buffs...
You could do this too, but you need to have the training wheels of Unstoppable to be immune to CC after a force leap.

You are the one that made this choice.

L-RANDLE's Avatar


L-RANDLE
02.18.2013 , 04:53 PM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by Thanatus View Post
Hello, I'm just wondering how is this possible. A lvl 40 guardian hit me (lvl 34 op) for 4k single hit dmg with force sweep which has base dmg 714-779

screenshot

I'm not complaining, I'm just wondering how the math works ... thanks
Because the base damage for smash @ lvl 50 is closer to 1000-1100HP. Datacrons affect this number but I believe mine, without any gear, is 1053 (off the top of my head).

Since you are bolstered to 50, that is the appoximate attack rating. Gear adds a bit on top of this, but if he was running with say 60% crit multiplier, even at 1000HP.

1000*2 (4 stacks of Shockwave)= 2000>>>>
2000 * 1.9(Force Crit multiplier bonus + 60% from toon/gear )= 3800
His armor pen somewhat cancels your armor reduction.


So even without knowing his spec or stats, we are in the 4k range. There are also other classes capable of this. I hit someone for 4.2k on my level 35 sniper... Yes, I'm "twinked", but I have a Cyber/Art/Bio at level 400 and level outside of PvP, so sue me...
PvP Gear Viability? Read this first.
Tired of being broke? Stop being Felica and read this.
I'm not trying to be Rambo..... I'm trying to be Ray Tango

yauhen_pt's Avatar


yauhen_pt
02.18.2013 , 05:25 PM | #33
My 41lvl rage juggernaut has around 1300 base dmg for smash in wz with average gear (some advanced armorings and mods, some prototype etc) and smthng around 97% multipl. So, 3.5k smash is a standard hit. Didn't check it, but I'm sure I can do higher than that, especially if the target got some armor reduction.

Quote:
Hello, I'm just wondering how is this possible. A lvl 40 guardian hit me (lvl 34 op) for 4k single hit dmg with force sweep which has base dmg 714-779
Base dmg on station and base dmg in wz r different.

Edit: not sure concerning 1300.. have to check it
The Red Eclipse Zenaar assassin | Zenaor juggernaut | Zenair sage | Argh operative

Tando-Fett's Avatar


Tando-Fett
02.18.2013 , 06:58 PM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by KettleBelll View Post

There are lots of Guardian/Juggernaut players that can't actually pilot smash. They can go out to Ilum, and manage to hit a pack of goblins for a big smash, and say "OMG that's so easy", but they can't handle playing Smash in wzs.
You are just admitting to your lack of skill. The whole build relies on 1 OP ability, which is absurd.

I don't SMASHLOL because life becomes too easy, and I'm out of challenges already.

Enjoy regardless

Rafkin's Avatar


Rafkin
02.18.2013 , 08:14 PM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by Thanatus View Post
Ok, I guess it's just something I'll have to deal with...

Gearwise, what are the best stats to reduce the dmg dealt (for me as an operative). Would that be absorption and/or defense rating. As an operative healer, should I gear for more survivability (e.g. defense/absorption) or should I go for power/critical/surge to increase the healing numbers?

Thanks
As an operative healer you should get your 2 piece pvp set bonus and never go back. Normally I would of added "until they fix pvp" but we have enough data now to safely saythese devs don't have a clue.

mrekxxx's Avatar


mrekxxx
02.19.2013 , 01:37 AM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by KettleBelll View Post
This is the most honest thread here *almost*

There are lots of Guardian/Juggernaut players that can't actually pilot smash. They can go out to Ilum, and manage to hit a pack of goblins for a big smash, and say "OMG that's so easy", but they can't handle playing Smash in wzs.

and it makes them mad

and they are bitter about their lack of talent

and it makes them upset that they have to play in Sorseu or Shien form.

These are the loudest of all players against Focus/Rage spec.





You could do this too, but you need to have the training wheels of Unstoppable to be immune to CC after a force leap.

You are the one that made this choice.
lol very funny post ))

and i agree for sure ....

Ycoga's Avatar


Ycoga
02.19.2013 , 06:35 AM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by HuntersPoint View Post
I'm just gonna drop this here,

for 3 days I played on focus spec, lemme tell you its boring as all hell, the worse 1 trick pony of all.
I'm completely min max´dd wh with some pieces of elite war hero mixed in as I'm min maxing ewh now..
For 3 days you min/maxed Surge and Power? *8k crits ftw haha*

Then you Min/maxed something else in 2 days or whatever, right? Or did you keep Surge and Power in your Vigilance spec? Or even better, tank spec.

*haha*

'Pre-2.0 PvP... The gear gap was too big and some players became non-contributors quickly because of the gear gap. It wasn’t fun for the majority of players' - Alex Modny

murkin's Avatar


murkin
02.19.2013 , 02:39 PM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by Paperbackrider View Post
Unless you have a mustache with grey hairs in it, calling someone son makes you sound like a dick.
Did you read his signature?