Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

1st Time Voted From a Flashpoint


Larry_Dallas's Avatar


Larry_Dallas
02.18.2013 , 11:58 PM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by ZanyaCross View Post
Happened to me on Black Talon. Was running a higher level Chiss Operative and I get grouped with a Sith Marauder, Jugg, and Sorc. I should have seen trouble coming right then and there. Now, for some background, I try to play my agent as a sort of blue Michael Weston from Burn Notice, generally making light side choices unless extremely pragmatic to do otherwise, or the victim really deserves it. So we get to the captain and I vote to let him live and win, and all of a sudden I see a flurry of "h0m0" and "smurf" (bloody racists) and "go play for the pubs". I snarked a bit at them and let it slide, just wanting to finish the mission, and make no mistake, I was tearing through the enemies faster than anyone, leaving knives in the backs of everything around me. We get to the general, I vote to take him prisoner, but get outvoted, and right as the mission is about to end THEN they vote me out, not the jerk who "needed" every single drop regardless of whether he could use it, not the guy who jumped on the droids I was CCing, not the one who kept trying to attack the padawan after I told everyone to fall back when they saw her charging up, me.

Took a breath and formed another group to try again, and the two guys, also sith warriors, turned out to be the nicest guys ever. You could tell they were veterans. I'm glad I made that second attempt, 'cause the first one that day was so bad it would have put me off grouping for awhile.
Based on the bolded, I don't think you were votekicked. That flashpoint's bugged. On some rigs the end of the flashpoint boots you to character select. Easy way to figure out if you're one of those is to step into the foundry. Will be booted during the first convo.

Edit: then again, you ran it a second time successfully? Dunno. That's a really, really weird reason to votekick someone and a weird time to do it.

Strainge's Avatar


Strainge
02.19.2013 , 12:20 AM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by WillHolmes View Post
merc heals dont trigger groups, fool
Seriously, this is your response? Why even bother visiting the forums. Ignorance truly is bliss isn't it?

Strainge's Avatar


Strainge
02.19.2013 , 12:22 AM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by wainot-keel View Post
If he asked the lvl 16 merc to CC, I think he asked the impossible. I remember getting my Commando CC around 20ish.
I just asked someone in the group to CC, not the healer in particular. Both DPS were level 22 and had CC's. But its moot now that i just got mind maze, which is awesome.

Strainge's Avatar


Strainge
02.19.2013 , 12:28 AM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by Larry_Dallas View Post
This story doesn't make sense to me. First problem is that a raid member can't pull a dormant mob by healing someone. Second problem is that groups will generally not kick a tank under almost any circumstances because replacement q times are really long.

If memory serves, these are groups of robots, are they not? You weren't, by chance, stealthed, were you? Because if you're stealthed near robots, even outside of normal aggro range, that pulls them.

If I saw a tank stealth and pull two mobs of robots multiple times at the start of a flashpoint, lecture the healer and someone instituted a kick, I might vote yes, though more than likely, I'd have told you to quit stealthing near robots. Also, I'm not certain mercs even have a cc at 16.
I'll respond even though I already did 2 times on this issue. I was the 3rd furthest from the mob when they were pulled. The healer was the closest. The mob turned to him and killed him nearly immediately. He pulled the aggro. I cannot make it anymore simple than this. As to why I was voted, I can't tell you because I'm not them. Obviously, the healer was just trying to pass blame off himself. As to the DPS, maybe they thought it was my job to save him in some sort of super hero fashion, I don't know. Also, I didn't lecture the healer. He's the one who told me if I didn't know how to tank then don't and to let the adults play the game. I know how to play this game very well, I would not have created this post if I was unsure of exactly what happened. I tank endgame ops with my guardian. I think I'm all set with hammer station.

Strainge's Avatar


Strainge
02.19.2013 , 12:36 AM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by Petnil View Post
This is probably what happened. Droids see the stealthed tank, most droids have an insane range on their stealth scan. Since healer was using hammershot on tank, healer got instant agro and it looked like the healer pulled.
I stealth up to droids in hammer station and normal questing all the time. I usually stealth, force speed to get behind them quickly, then open with the high damage back attack. You do know that a droids stealth scan is when they drop those mini droids that spin the scanning beams. What you're saying basically is that me being stealth'ed further away from the mob than a heals who's 3 levels lower than me and standing closer to them unstealthed is what pulled them? No way. Please read my posts fully if you are going to respond to them. I offer you the same courtesy.

Strainge's Avatar


Strainge
02.19.2013 , 12:46 AM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by Fiamma_Verde View Post
Is it possible that you were not at full health' either due to the wipe or because someone cast the endurance buff? If that were the case and the healer was actually healing something and not just using the attack I think that it would pull aggro. At least I feel like I've accidentally pulled that way before xD.
Yeah I was at full health. Now it's apparent his gun heal didn't pull, but he did. He just so happened to be spamming his gun heal on me at the same time. He got to close to the mob is all, plain and simple. However, when mercs just spam the gun heal for no reason when the target is at full health, it is very annoying. At least the commando's version doesn't make noise.

thomasbaxter's Avatar


thomasbaxter
02.19.2013 , 08:34 AM | #37
It's always the tank and healers fault....(psst we know it's the shoddy DPSers

Larry_Dallas's Avatar


Larry_Dallas
02.19.2013 , 12:05 PM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by Strainge View Post
I'll respond even though I already did 2 times on this issue. I was the 3rd furthest from the mob when they were pulled. The healer was the closest. The mob turned to him and killed him nearly immediately. He pulled the aggro. I cannot make it anymore simple than this. As to why I was voted, I can't tell you because I'm not them. Obviously, the healer was just trying to pass blame off himself. As to the DPS, maybe they thought it was my job to save him in some sort of super hero fashion, I don't know. Also, I didn't lecture the healer. He's the one who told me if I didn't know how to tank then don't and to let the adults play the game. I know how to play this game very well, I would not have created this post if I was unsure of exactly what happened. I tank endgame ops with my guardian. I think I'm all set with hammer station.
Yeah, you're wrong. See below.


Quote: Originally Posted by Strainge View Post
I stealth up to droids in hammer station and normal questing all the time. I usually stealth, force speed to get behind them quickly, then open with the high damage back attack. You do know that a droids stealth scan is when they drop those mini droids that spin the scanning beams. What you're saying basically is that me being stealth'ed further away from the mob than a heals who's 3 levels lower than me and standing closer to them unstealthed is what pulled them? No way. Please read my posts fully if you are going to respond to them. I offer you the same courtesy.
The bold is exactly correct, despite you saying "no way." Stealthing near a droid further away than a healer who is near an enemy but outside aggro range will pull them every time. And since mercs are always charging superheated ion gas(? think that's what it's called), their heal aggro will overtake pull aggro in one global.

If you're stealthing near droids all the time in hammer station, you're doing it wrong and probably making a mess with unexpected pulls.

Please note that you should never stealth around bosses either. Some of them will pull at FAR outside aggro range. Off the top of my head, there's a spot in Battle of Ilum between a strong mob and a bunch of boss trash, where you will wipe the group by stealthing.


Quote: Originally Posted by Strainge View Post
I just asked someone in the group to CC, not the healer in particular. Both DPS were level 22 and had CC's. But its moot now that i just got mind maze, which is awesome.
This is not correct. If the 2 DPS were powertechs or juggs, they have no CC. If they were marauders, they get CC at 28. And, incidentally, mind maze doesn't work on droids. They'll pull before you get there and it doesn't do anything against them anyway.


Quote: Originally Posted by Strainge View Post
Yeah I was at full health. Now it's apparent his gun heal didn't pull, but he did. He just so happened to be spamming his gun heal on me at the same time. He got to close to the mob is all, plain and simple. However, when mercs just spam the gun heal for no reason when the target is at full health, it is very annoying. At least the commando's version doesn't make noise.
The merc isn't spamming his gun heal for "no reason." He's charging up a skill so it's easier for him to heal.


From what I can tell, you've been told multiple times, by multiple people, what you may have done wrong and respond by, essentially blaming everyone else, making incorrect statements about how the game works and bragging about how good you are at jugg tanking.

If your behavior in the flashpoint was anything like your responses in this thread--telling classes without CC to CC things, stealthing around robots, blaming the healer for "pulling with a heal" when it was your stealth that got the group, failing to recover aggro after the pull, telling the healer that his rotation is "annoying," then, despite all these mistakes, go into a sweet brag about how good you think you are with a jugg--it's no surprise you were kicked, and you should expect more of this as long as this behavior persists.

Pubsam's Avatar


Pubsam
02.19.2013 , 01:00 PM | #39
I've leveled up an Operative and I've never seen this 'super-stealth-detection' people are claiming all droids have.

1. Bosses have insane stealth detection, and you can tell because the stealthed person will get a symbol over their head telling them they're about to be detected. A few seconds later the boss usually aggros.

2. Some (note: SOME) droids have a stealth scan ability (note: ABILITY they can activate, not a passive trait) that looks exactly like the BH's stealth scan. Yes if you stealth anywhere near that thing you will be knocked out of stealth immediately, but it's a clearly visible animation that is easily avoided.

If you stealth up to a non-boss droid that does not have a stealth-scan ability (or has just used it and the effect has faded), their stealth detection chance is the same as any other mob.
Time for a nap.

JimmyTheCannon's Avatar


JimmyTheCannon
02.19.2013 , 01:00 PM | #40
Not all droids have that kind of stealth detection.

My Concealment Op stealths up behind the droids in HM Kaon all the time without being detected and pulling them, and most of the time that's without using Sneak.

Honestly, it does sound to me like the Merc got too close and the heal was incidental.

That said - yes, as the above poster stated, there *was* a reason for him to be casting that between fights, and that's to keep his stacks of Supercharged Gas up. They increase healing and, even at that level, give access to a cooldown that is fantastic for burst healing (or even adding free DPS).