Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

BW, do you ever plan on addressing DPS Mercs/Commandos PvP-wise?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
BW, do you ever plan on addressing DPS Mercs/Commandos PvP-wise?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

cycao
02.18.2013 , 08:15 AM | #1291
Quote: Originally Posted by Riggz View Post
I power leveled a merc before 1.7 because I was told there were getting major buffs, I was lied to

Now I have a useless class - I can only imagine the pain for you poor sons a *****es who have this AC as their main
Who told you that major buffs were coming with 1.7?

Pefny
02.18.2013 , 09:38 AM | #1292
Quote: Originally Posted by Mossesman View Post
Been playing my new Vanguard for a while, and the Assault spec is just so boring, so i decided to go back to my Commando for a bit.

On my 2nd warzone, i did just over a million damage. I think i will play my Commando alot more again
Got similar situation yesterday and today (not get million dmg but always in best 3 in dps), Pyro PT is boring as hell... But with high dmg on merc/mandos BW's metrics shine with bright light which tells them - merc is fine lets buff these poor glowsticks!

Also one more thing. From my observation eniemies start to ignore me on the battlefield and can't interrupt me effectively. My point is - there are many FoTMs and F2Ps o WZs and mercs become quite rare so there were situations when ppl don't know how fight with mercs, they don't know them. That was odd and quite funny . Probably b/c of early time of my game so most of veterans were offline.
CERUS - PYRO MERC/CERFUN - ASSAULT COMMANDO - ATM on vacation, thanks to critical dameges to AC made by BW
CERATION - PYRO/SHIELD PT
BEROYA LEGACY - ToFN

Mossesman
02.18.2013 , 10:01 AM | #1293
Quote: Originally Posted by Pefny View Post
Got similar situation yesterday and today (not get million dmg but always in best 3 in dps), Pyro PT is boring as hell... But with high dmg on merc/mandos BW's metrics shine with bright light which tells them - merc is fine lets buff these poor glowsticks!

Also one more thing. From my observation eniemies start to ignore me on the battlefield and can't interrupt me effectively. My point is - there are many FoTMs and F2Ps o WZs and mercs become quite rare so there were situations when ppl don't know how fight with mercs, they don't know them. That was odd and quite funny . Probably b/c of early time of my game so most of veterans were offline.
I think a lot of players underestimate how much damage a well geared Commando/Merc can do. Positioning helps aswell. It was a Civil War game so i spent the majority of the game on the ramps to the sides of the middle objective. I did have a juggernaut occasionally jump me, but i normally knocked him back off straight away, buying me time to focus him down before he reaches me.
Eathos - Commando | Norzrik - Guardian
Kezron - Scoundrel | Ashinelle - Shadow

T-Assassin
02.18.2013 , 02:01 PM | #1294
I think a lot of players underestimate how much damage a well geared Commando/Merc can do. Positioning helps aswell. It was a Civil War game so i spent the majority of the game on the ramps to the sides of the middle objective. I did have a juggernaut occasionally jump me, but i normally knocked him back off straight away, buying me time to focus him down before he reaches me.
i think a lot of players overestimate how well they play in PvP.

like has been stated numberous times...over and over, Merc can be played quite efficiently versus players of lesser skill.

when it comes time to play with the pros, Mercs are nothing short of a hinderance to their team. they are easy kills, weaker healers, and their dps is easily shut down.

so, thanks for the optimism, but you're missing the point of this post.
"Ib'tuur jatne tuur ash'ad kyr'amur."
"Today is a good day for someone else to die." -

TeganKing
02.18.2013 , 02:38 PM | #1295
A warlord jugg decided to attack me on ilum yesterday while I was soloing the gree event and we battled for about 5 minutes, he did massive damage and took forever for me to kill, but since I could out heal his damage and kept grinding him down, I was able to defeat him.

If I was specced assault or gunnery I would have been dead in less than a minute, so again, combat medic is almost overpowered, while the other two specs are to be desired.

Please address ASAP bioware, thanks!

Jyx
Combat Medic Commando
JungMa

klham
02.18.2013 , 02:57 PM | #1296
Quote: Originally Posted by TeganKing View Post
A warlord jugg decided to attack me on ilum yesterday while I was soloing the gree event and we battled for about 5 minutes, he did massive damage and took forever for me to kill, but since I could out heal his damage and kept grinding him down, I was able to defeat him.

If I was specced assault or gunnery I would have been dead in less than a minute, so again, combat medic is almost overpowered, while the other two specs are to be desired.

Jyx
Combat Medic Commando
JungMa
Not overpowered against a player who knows how to time his interrupts and cc abilities, but it's true that a CM can win through attrition provided the opponent isn't making effective use of interrupts and cc, and provided the CM can manage their ammo throughout the encounter. So it's possible to wear down Juggs, much more difficult with Maras and nearly impossible with well-played Assassins.

Lalainnia
02.18.2013 , 03:04 PM | #1297
Quote: Originally Posted by TeganKing View Post

Jyx
Combat Medic Commando
JungMa
Lol...... any healer with a brain can solo a juggernaut sure its going to take forever but its not hard if he was Rage would have been easy just time cds and watch ammo, ven doesnt have the damage to solo a healer(dots can be cleansed) and Immortal.....lol
Donna-Commando-Combat Medic
When we care for others our own strength to live increases. When we help people expand their state of life, our lives also expand. Actions to benefit others are not separate from actions to benefit oneself.

ArchangelLBC
02.18.2013 , 08:35 PM | #1298
That's what happens in regular warzones against people that don't understand you're a free kill and don't understand that you're a huge threat if left to sit there and free cast.

Smart players and good teams don't underestimate our damage when left to free cast but also know how to completely take us out of the equation, making us an empty spot on a ranked warzone.
In update 2.9 the game will simply uninstall itself for you.

-Wnd

Amebia
02.18.2013 , 10:13 PM | #1299
I can absolutely obliterate an enemy team if ignored.(Non-ranked level 50 wz's)

A stern glare 1 hits me and locks me out of my rotation tho

For justice!

rlamela
02.18.2013 , 11:33 PM | #1300
I had a Guardian Force push me from the ramp over the wall about 20 yards deep into grass. needless to say I lost the node