Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Games crash's fixed?! NOT!

vIgGeNsEvEn
12.18.2011 , 05:05 PM | #1
I Have crashed more time now then ever. You say you update and make it so the crashes don't happen. It wouldn't bother me crashing 4-5 times a hr if im questing but every other war-front just as were about to win!

FIX THE CRASHES! or let me get CREDIT for the war-front i just owned in and then did not get ANYTHING from it!

Is anyone else very frustrated with this? I know most of you are leveling but i enjoy the war-fronts SWTOR has to offer.

Thanks for your review in this matter!

~vIgGeN
Matter your size does not, how you use it will. -YODA

TheShishkabob
12.18.2011 , 05:07 PM | #2
I haven't crashed once since beta. This isn't affecting everyone.

Wulf_Larsen
12.18.2011 , 05:21 PM | #3
Is you video card up to spec for the game?
Sounds like you have possible hardware/driver issues. I would check those first.

Also clean out your Windows temp files directory. If it has tons of files in it that can cause a few performace problems as well.

jarjarloves
12.18.2011 , 05:53 PM | #4
I feel for you I really do however I haven't had a single crash not even in beta and I'm running on a desktop with Windows Xp and a Laptop with Windows Vista.

What are your computers specs?

vIgGeNsEvEn
12.18.2011 , 11:38 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Wulf_Larsen View Post
Is you video card up to spec for the game?
Sounds like you have possible hardware/driver issues. I would check those first.

Also clean out your Windows temp files directory. If it has tons of files in it that can cause a few performace problems as well.
ya running a great system... and a fresh copy of windows 7 just in time to play. updated drivers as well. just annoying. spend 10 min in a match then no reward.

~vIgGeN
Matter your size does not, how you use it will. -YODA

Wootie
12.19.2011 , 02:34 PM | #6
bump.. me too and lot of others...
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=43860
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=43204
In-game tickets are good.. so they address this quicker...

philefluxx
12.19.2011 , 02:42 PM | #7
I think I have narrowed my crash issue to something with my sound card. I didnt have any issues in the 11-11-11 beta but I did have it crash a few times in the Thanksgiving beta. Between those two I started playing Skyrim and it has some issues with sound which forced me to change from 5.1 to 2.0 speak config. I really didnt care because I have all speakers in front of me anyways.

Tuesday-Sat I was crashing anywhere from every 10min to 20min and every time I went into a WZ. I turned down all my graphics to low and changed my sound config back to 5.1 and I could now go 2 hours or more without crashing. In 5.1 it seemed like the music was always over powering the VO so I changed it back to 2.0 and low and behold I started crashing every 10-20 min again. I swapped back to 5.1 and increased my graphics and ran about 1.5 hours last night no issues. Im getting 80fps on average and my system is decent, I was watching memory usage and CPU like a hawk yesterday and didnt see any issues. Video drivers are all up to date, I updated my direct X to be sure and cleaned **** up with CCleaner. I will be doing some further testing with a PCI sound card this week.

Pentium Core 2 Quad 2.4GHz Q6600
4GB Corsair Extreme Dual Channel
XFX Nvidia Nforce 750i
EVGA Nvidia Geforce 460 GTX SE v1
W7 Home
Nobody Move, Nobody get Hurt

humanjoe
12.20.2011 , 10:42 PM | #8
Yeah i have had the same problems as well and getting so frustrating all the time spent and loss of experience and time.