Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

1st Time Voted From a Flashpoint

wainot-keel
02.17.2013 , 08:35 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by JimmyTheCannon View Post
He said that he told the healer to CC and that's when the healer healed him instead.
If he asked the lvl 16 merc to CC, I think he asked the impossible. I remember getting my Commando CC around 20ish.

steave
02.18.2013 , 01:20 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by wainot-keel View Post
If he asked the lvl 16 merc to CC, I think he asked the impossible. I remember getting my Commando CC around 20ish.
Level 22.
Was there a scoundrel, gunslinger or sage in the group? They're the only ones that can CC before level 20, with sage being the only one that can CC non-droids, while level 20 gives the shadow and scoundrel their saps.

Larry_Dallas
02.18.2013 , 01:26 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Strainge View Post
Hopped on group finder for Hammer Station with my level 19 Sin tank. Both DPS were about my level, our heals was a level 16 Merc. While fighting the 2nd group right after the hallway turn, the Merc backs up too far and pulls aggro on the 3rd mob (the 1 with 2 elites and 3 strong) and we wipe. I asked him nicely to keep close next time if he was unfamiliar with the flashpoint. We rez and approach again. I ask for a cc. The Merc starts blasting me with his gun heal, pulling aggro on the group again, we kill most of them but wipe. Rez, kill the rest. I notice 1 of the DPS initiate a vote to kick me. The heals tells me to leave if I don't know how to tank. As I'm typing to make sure they know the heals messed up I am voted. It's probably best I didn't stay with such an oblivious group. I reminded myself afterwards about tanking Xeno II 16 man HM earlier with my guardian.
This story doesn't make sense to me. First problem is that a raid member can't pull a dormant mob by healing someone. Second problem is that groups will generally not kick a tank under almost any circumstances because replacement q times are really long.

If memory serves, these are groups of robots, are they not? You weren't, by chance, stealthed, were you? Because if you're stealthed near robots, even outside of normal aggro range, that pulls them.

If I saw a tank stealth and pull two mobs of robots multiple times at the start of a flashpoint, lecture the healer and someone instituted a kick, I might vote yes, though more than likely, I'd have told you to quit stealthing near robots. Also, I'm not certain mercs even have a cc at 16.

slafko
02.18.2013 , 02:48 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by CommanderKeeva View Post
Is it even possible for a heal to start an encounter? I've not seen that before.
I had a healer in Kaon that insisted on running ahead, pulling everything - even the skippable mobs - and abusing me for "bad tanking" in the process. Was really fun stealthing out of combat after the pulled the Behemoth. The beast chased him, and the two dumb dps who sided with him, for a few minutes eventually killing them all. I got voted out and abused a bit more. Fun times.

Petnil
02.18.2013 , 03:04 AM | #25
This is probably what happened. Droids see the stealthed tank, most droids have an insane range on their stealth scan. Since healer was using hammershot on tank, healer got instant agro and it looked like the healer pulled.

Ms_Sunlight
02.18.2013 , 09:34 AM | #26
Bah. I've decided I can't be doing with pug flashpoints at low levels any more because of Hammer Station. I'm levelling a Sage. Bear in mind this is a Chiss Sage in properly optimised and augmented level-appropriate blue mods so well able to cope with the content.

I go in, first group I mark CC on an elite and CC. A DPS jumps on my CC, the Vanguard tank doesn't have a clue how to pull threat, we wipe. I get told to "concentrate on healing from now on". We wipe on the first boss because the DPS are fannying about rather than burning down the boss. I run out of energy keeping them alive because I do not yet have my Noble Sacrifice and they're being damned stupid. We wipe. Tank leaves. I get blamed. Group falls apart.

I do ops on my Sorc healer. I have a Vanguard tank myself. I know how to play these classes! Life is too short to pug. Stupidity, not knowing the content or not knowing their class I can tolerate. Being a git and blaming other people I can't.
Carilie - Scoundrel // Dastelen - Shadow // Dras'yra - Sniper // Elonie - Sorcerer // Undali - Powertech
Server: The Red Eclipse // Guild: The Onyx Guard / The Orbital Guard

LarryRow
02.18.2013 , 09:39 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by uniz View Post
it is always the tanks fault no matter what happens and who is really the cause.
Unless you are grouped with people who are in the same guild or know each other. Then it is always your fault no matter what role you are.
A classic sig that should not be lost:
Quote:
Stunned , pew pew hack slash , stunned , running backward circles, stunned cannot move, pew pew, break stun, 30 second snare, wha?!?!!? stunned, knockdown, ...less stun more pew pew and hacknslash please.

Thundergulch
02.18.2013 , 11:29 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Strainge View Post
The Merc starts blasting me with his gun heal, pulling aggro on the group again,
This will NEVER cause a fight to start.
Someone pulled, but it surely wasn't out of combat heals.

ZanyaCross
02.18.2013 , 03:46 PM | #29
Happened to me on Black Talon. Was running a higher level Chiss Operative and I get grouped with a Sith Marauder, Jugg, and Sorc. I should have seen trouble coming right then and there. Now, for some background, I try to play my agent as a sort of blue Michael Weston from Burn Notice, generally making light side choices unless extremely pragmatic to do otherwise, or the victim really deserves it. So we get to the captain and I vote to let him live and win, and all of a sudden I see a flurry of "h0m0" and "smurf" (bloody racists) and "go play for the pubs". I snarked a bit at them and let it slide, just wanting to finish the mission, and make no mistake, I was tearing through the enemies faster than anyone, leaving knives in the backs of everything around me. We get to the general, I vote to take him prisoner, but get outvoted, and right as the mission is about to end THEN they vote me out, not the jerk who "needed" every single drop regardless of whether he could use it, not the guy who jumped on the droids I was CCing, not the one who kept trying to attack the padawan after I told everyone to fall back when they saw her charging up, me.

Took a breath and formed another group to try again, and the two guys, also sith warriors, turned out to be the nicest guys ever. You could tell they were veterans. I'm glad I made that second attempt, 'cause the first one that day was so bad it would have put me off grouping for awhile.

Fiamma_Verde
02.18.2013 , 10:42 PM | #30
Is it possible that you were not at full health' either due to the wipe or because someone cast the endurance buff? If that were the case and the healer was actually healing something and not just using the attack I think that it would pull aggro. At least I feel like I've accidentally pulled that way before xD.