Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Something i've never quite understood...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Something i've never quite understood...

Sathid
02.18.2013 , 02:07 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by foxmob View Post
short answer to your question (that you didn't ask, see what I did there?) is that you are wrong but in an understandable way - it just seems that the tanky classes get all the toys.

sniper & marauder are, along with powertech, the best dps classes in the game. only the powertech is a hybrid class, and their tank spec is relatively bad. so they're like a pure dps class anyway. that's why they have all their cc, though: they're a tankable class.

the real question you ought to be asking is why are pure dps and tank/dps hybrid classes so much better dpsers than healing/dps dpsers. the answer is that BW seems to think the utility of a cleanse and offhealing are relatively equivalent to - or better than! (/facepalm) - the utility of taunts and pulls/leaps. they are not. dpsers who cleanse have minor utility. offhealing is a complete waste of time. you'd help your buddy more by killing the guy attacking him.

tank classes tend to have more stun CCs (bubble stun aside). ranged classes tend to have more escape abils (roots/mezzes) - once again, bubble stun aside, which actually was a mezz until the latest re-balancing?.

edit: the only anomaly I can think of is maras having a slew of dcds (most of which ppl don't use). but they also lack the traditonal stuns that you would find on other classes.
This man knows what he is talking about,,,,5 stars.

foxmob
02.18.2013 , 05:25 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by LanceCorporalDan View Post
Did someone say PTs have lots of cc and high defensives and survivabity?
aoe stun, 4s stun, grapple. that's a lot of native cc. however, they have poor defenses.
Krackerjack/Deinon/Antiphon
JC -- Harb -- TEH

Katszc
02.18.2013 , 06:46 PM | #23
I play a Jedi Shadow, have since I first started, never played anything else, currently Infiltrator Specced, though usually Balance.

First, the DPS I do isn't that great, sure I pretty much suck as I'm rather new, and I go for objectives but still, comparing it with a few others like marauder/sentinel, they'll out dps me no problem.
Second, I have 3, or 4 defensive CD's:
Deflection: 12 second duration, 2 minute CD.
Blackout (Specced into): 25% damage reduction for 6 seconds, 45 Sec CD, If specced for it
Resilience: 1 Min CD, 3 Second Duration, removes hostile effects and you're immune to all of it during those 3 seconds.
Force Cloak: 2 min CD, 1 min and 30 seconds if specced into it, and unless specced into it your healing recieved is reduced by 100%.

That's all defensive cooldown I have at my disposal, on paper they sound great, but in a WZ, while they help, if you're focused as a DPS specced shadow, you'll go down, and fast, and they all have a pretty long CD, Blackout and Resilience being the exceptions.

Crowd Control, Imo a bit too many, I'm used to having 3, now I have 5, 6 if I count slows (7 with telekinetic throw)

Mind Maze: Your Sap that I think every stealth assassin type class has in every game, must be used in stealth, breaks on damage, last for I think 6 seconds on players.
Spinning Kick: 30 Sec CD, knocks down for 2 seconds, has to be used in stealth unless specced into Stasis which is in the defense tree.
Low Slash: 15 second CD, 4 second sap, pretty much like Mind Maze, though less duration and can be used outside stealth, also breaks on damage.
Force Lift: 60 second CD, 2 sec activation time, breaks on damage, if specced into (Balance Tree) it's instant and a 2 second stun if effect is broken prematurely, but it's high up in the tree.
Force Stun: 60 Second CD, 50 second CD if specced into, 4 second stun.

Also a slow but only gonna list the one's that render the opponent useless.

Ye, it's too many, from a PvP perspective.

What could be removed is Force Lift UNLESS specced into, but only for shadows, Sages don't have that much CC I think, they could use one.
Force Stun, meh, long CD and one of the 2 stuns we have that doesn't break on damage, doesn't need to be removed imo.
Katszc - The Other Guys - Shadow
Tojiko - Hakuna Matat„ - Scoundrel
«rowberry - Hakuna Matat„ - Sage

KettleBelll
02.18.2013 , 06:49 PM | #24
Sniper is the strongest class of the game.

You loco if you think otherwise OP.

Zunayson
02.18.2013 , 08:02 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Wainamoinen View Post
It's so you have to eat 48 hot dogs at a time.

A source in Bioware told me that they are behind it. Their plan is that America's obesity epidemic continues to expand in hot-dog-fuelled insanity, such that soon everyone will be so enormously overweight that all they can do is slump at home the whole day and buy cartel coins to play SWTOR.

The cunning swine.

And I bet you eat premade hotdogs and just don't care.

edit: I may be about to leave work for the day and a little stir crazy.
WROOOONG. 24 is the least common factor of 12 and 3 not 48.
Quote: Originally Posted by Uber_the_Goober View Post
Bioware couldn't balance a sheet of plywood if it were laying [sic] on the ground.
Quote: Originally Posted by Aragost View Post
Make sure you take 3/3 in the "knowing how to play" box