Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Power vs Aim Augments

Farewellfire
02.18.2013 , 07:41 PM | #1
H all. So I have started getting my Dreadguard Gear to replace my campaign stuff. Currently got Gloves and Pants, custom belt/bracer with 27 armouring and mod and 2 x hazmat implants. I checked noxxic's guide on mod's etc and it says the power augment is BiS vs their previous recommendation of aim being BiS pre dreadguard gear.

Is this the case? I have over 2000 aim without any augments if that makes a difference.
Any advice or explanation of how power compares to aim etc woul be appreciated.

Thanks

DariusCalera
02.18.2013 , 08:07 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Farewellfire View Post
H all. So I have started getting my Dreadguard Gear to replace my campaign stuff. Currently got Gloves and Pants, custom belt/bracer with 27 armouring and mod and 2 x hazmat implants. I checked noxxic's guide on mod's etc and it says the power augment is BiS vs their previous recommendation of aim being BiS pre dreadguard gear.

Is this the case? I have over 2000 aim without any augments if that makes a difference.
Any advice or explanation of how power compares to aim etc woul be appreciated.

Thanks
With 14 Augments, it breaks down like this:

14 x Aim Augments with group buffs and talents = 57.5 damage bonus and 0.93% crit
14 x Power Augments = 58 damage bonus.

So, in a raid setting with full group buffs and the +9% Aim talent you would only lose .5% damage but gain nearly a full point of crit.

Stick with the Aim augments.

JimmyTheCannon
02.18.2013 , 08:11 PM | #3
Don't trust Noxxic.

If you need proof, look at their Powertech/Vanguard tanking rotation. It's stupidity incarnate.

http://www.noxxic.com/swtor/pve/boun...-and-cooldowns

venomlash
02.18.2013 , 08:14 PM | #4
Aim is way better than Power if you have Ironsights (commando) or Steely Resolve (vanguard). The +9% to total Aim makes the reflex augs go way further.
Quote: Originally Posted by MichelleArcher View Post
Hey there, all! This thread has passed the dreaded 1,000 post limit, and is now in fire. Thanks for the fun, but we feel this discussion as run its course. We will not be restarting this thread.
Jarrant Gartin, Gunnery Commando, Spark of Hope, Begeren Colony

Farewellfire
02.18.2013 , 08:24 PM | #5
thanks. sorry forgot to mention. im comba medic, i take it the advice above still remains the same even for heals.

JimmyTheCannon
02.19.2013 , 12:38 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Farewellfire View Post
thanks. sorry forgot to mention. im comba medic, i take it the advice above still remains the same even for heals.
Yes, because you should still be speccing into the 9% Aim bonus.

Farewellfire
02.19.2013 , 05:00 AM | #7
cool. left all my augments as aim ones. thanks for the advice and helping me to understand how aim & power effect my overall stats.

Llama-Eight
02.20.2013 , 06:27 AM | #8
I thought the bonus heal gets more benefit from power than aim?

Robocles
02.20.2013 , 08:51 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by DariusCalera View Post
With 14 Augments, it breaks down like this:

14 x Aim Augments with group buffs and talents = 57.5 damage bonus and 0.93% crit
14 x Power Augments = 58 damage bonus.

So, in a raid setting with full group buffs and the +9% Aim talent you would only lose .5% damage but gain nearly a full point of crit.

Stick with the Aim augments.
He already answered why aim is still better.

ChicagoBearsFan
02.20.2013 , 11:23 AM | #10
Use the aim augments for the reasons stated above but get your power from stacking power mods and enhancements remembering to balance with a little crit and surge.
Bearsfan - Commando Healer / DPS
Chicago - Shadow Tank
BeÓrs - Scoundrel Healer
<The Jedi of Camelot>JawaSpanker Legacy ~ POT5 Server