Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

Keldaur
02.17.2013 , 08:06 PM | #2201
Quote: Originally Posted by Jjix View Post
The problem is that the source of the imbalance is not bad players or even lack of communication. It isn't even the absence of healers as you earlier suggested . . . it is gear imbalance, plain and simple. Of course, players who enjoy the success of premades would LIKE to believe its because of their superior skill -- social, tactical, strategic, or mastery of their class and understand of other classes -- and thus they come onto this forum and tell everyone to learn2play. But the reality is premades tend to be collections of players whose gear makes them elite, they then band together for the ultimate steroidal power trip. You see another elite player, you invite him to the group, and eventually you have a group of nothing but elite geared players reaping destruction upon anything in their path.

Give everyone the same gear, however, and really the whole phenomena of a group of elite geared players vs poorly geared players goes away, problem solved. Unfortunately, this won't happen because Bioware believes they need to have some system of reward in place so that players feel PvP is worth their time.
Nop. The real fix is real matchmaking too for regular warzones. People who often play on premade will be on top normally will be on top, and people who doesn't won't. You can also add a coefficient to multiply the average of the team queueing depending on the group size.

DariusCalera
02.17.2013 , 08:27 PM | #2202
Quote: Originally Posted by Jjix View Post
The problem is that the source of the imbalance is not bad players or even lack of communication. It isn't even the absence of healers as you earlier suggested . . . it is gear imbalance, plain and simple. Of course, players who enjoy the success of premades would LIKE to believe its because of their superior skill -- social, tactical, strategic, or mastery of their class and understand of other classes -- and thus they come onto this forum and tell everyone to learn2play. But the reality is premades tend to be collections of players whose gear makes them elite, they then band together for the ultimate steroidal power trip. You see another elite player, you invite him to the group, and eventually you have a group of nothing but elite geared players reaping destruction upon anything in their path.

Give everyone the same gear, however, and really the whole phenomena of a group of elite geared players vs poorly geared players goes away, problem solved. Unfortunately, this won't happen because Bioware believes they need to have some system of reward in place so that players feel PvP is worth their time.
The gear imbalance is next to nonexistent at this point. The differences between WH an EWH are extremely small. So the argument that it is a gear issue is a bad one, for the most part. I will say that those that are unwilling to augment their gear bring whatever pain is coming on themselves.

An organized PuG can, and they do, defeat premades all the time. What it takes are players that are willing to communicate, play to the objectives, and show some situational awareness.

V-Serp
02.17.2013 , 11:35 PM | #2203
Quote: Originally Posted by DariusCalera View Post
The gear imbalance is next to nonexistent at this point. The differences between WH an EWH are extremely small. So the argument that it is a gear issue is a bad one, for the most part. I will say that those that are unwilling to augment their gear bring whatever pain is coming on themselves.

An organized PuG can, and they do, defeat premades all the time. What it takes are players that are willing to communicate, play to the objectives, and show some situational awareness.
Not a competent one, no. My premade was something like 99-2. And that was with us rotating players in and out constantly, until everyone got bored and quit this game.

criminalheretic
02.17.2013 , 11:49 PM | #2204
OMG this thread....

Either premades make up the majority of the player base, and therefore jacking up their queue will make most of them leave. So you would be making PvP more enjoyable for the people who play it THE LEAST. Which is just not sound business strategy. (Neither is it the way adults should behave in regard to competition, unless they are running a pee-wee soccer league, but whatever)

-or-

Premades make up a very small portion of the player base, and therefore YOU CAN'T BE RUNNING INTO THEM EVERY MATCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Until someone can disprove that logic, then everything in this thread is BS.
What we don't understand, we can make mean anything.
Hyperspace Cannon -> Drooga's -> The Harbinger

HaLeX
02.18.2013 , 12:58 AM | #2205
There are too many types of premades to generalise really. We need a matchmaking system period. I have noticed the PVP servers are taking a big population hit. Are these people leaving or switching to PVE servers? IDK
Stannis of House Baratheon, First of His Name, The One True King!!!
Lord of Dragonstone - Warrior of Light - Master of Ships (formerly)
King of The Andals and The First(claimant) Protector of the Realm (claimant)
GatorNation GatorCountry POT5

HuaRya
02.18.2013 , 03:40 PM | #2206
I've followed this thread for quite some time while playing and seldom see people ask the question:

If a half premade is fully maxed out in gear, why do they continue to play in non-ranked warzones?

Shouldn't non-ranked warzone be a segway to getting picked up in a guild/team that will play ranked wz for Champion, Centurion, or Battlemaster comms? Accumulation of those mentioned comms can only be obtained in ranked war zones.

To use the Analogy of High school :

Imagine the seniors weren't allowed to graduate and decided to repeatedly keep down freshman, sophomores, & juniors that tried to progress. It's a very Darwinian thing happening currently in the warzones. A ceiling has been reached and instead of taking the harder road of doing ranked wz's these well established premades farm the non ranked wz's. Yeah we don't mind when we get on their team on the rare occasion but more often we are facing them as opponents.

So that is my 2 cents. It doesn't insult anyone only puts a clear perspective on the current demographic of non-ranked warzones.

Devs: Embellish the reward/medal content of ranked and you will see threads like this fade away.

rlamela
02.18.2013 , 04:12 PM | #2207
I still solo Pug, and I still love going against premades. Today Had a great voidstar in a pug vs a 4 man Unicorn Stampede. We got to the 2nd room like 20 seconds before them. Most of my most fun warzones come against premades. If its true that they are getting rid of premades from solo queue warzones It will destroy all the fun in solo queuing. I mean you learn way more from playing good players then you ever will from playing against bads.
Just my opinion but premades are needed in regular warzones.

Jenna'syyde

cashogy_reborn
02.18.2013 , 04:35 PM | #2208
this thread just needs to die
Dany - Attomm - Dan'y - Fogel
The Original Stormborn Commando Representative
The King of Bads

L-RANDLE
02.18.2013 , 04:57 PM | #2209
Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy_reborn View Post
It lives IGOR!!!! It LIVES!!!

Spoiler
PvP Gear Viability? Read this first.
Tired of being broke? Stop being Felica and read this.
I'm not trying to be Rambo..... I'm trying to be Ray Tango

CommanderKeeva
02.18.2013 , 05:01 PM | #2210
Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy_reborn View Post
It cannot and will not go away until Bioware implements cross-server queues and a proper match-making system. Until then, you'll just see frustrated puggers come here and complain about their losses.

But Bioware brought this on itself really.
BEING A GOOD SOLDIER COMES DOWN TO ONE THING, ONE SINGLE QUESTION:
WHAT ARE YOU PREPARED TO SACRIFICE?