Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Predation

Zunayson
02.18.2013 , 11:26 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by vin_of_vinheim View Post
hackers use predation all the time.
qft ^
Quote: Originally Posted by Uber_the_Goober View Post
Bioware couldn't balance a sheet of plywood if it were laying [sic] on the ground.
Quote: Originally Posted by Aragost View Post
Make sure you take 3/3 in the "knowing how to play" box

UGLYMRJ
02.18.2013 , 11:34 AM | #22
Remove the question aspect of this thread and rename it... "A beginners guide to predation"

OrderOfVirtue
02.18.2013 , 11:52 AM | #23
you own a Marauder, feel free to answer.

> On average, how many times a game do you use Predation?
Its situational thats like asking how often do you use your aoe stun.
> In what situations do you use Predation?
Defensive, and moving yourself / team across the map.
> Do you feel like Predation is more useful to your team in an all-out 8v8 battle than using Berserk for the extra burst?
100 times over yes
> Do you use your spammable AOE ability in order to build fury if you have the extra rage left after a battle?
ALWAYS!
> In Huttball matches, do you build rage up frequently with the intent of having Predation ready for your team and ball carrier or are you wasting your fury on Berserk?
Always an aware player, playing objectively > someone padding their numbers any day of the week.
> How many times a game do you use Predation in Huttball matches specifically?
I can easily pred 7-10 times in a game whether its going back to defend or going forward to score.
> Do you save your stacks of fury after a big battle in which your team wipes the other team so you can pop Predation and help your team rotate to where they need to be? Or instead do you use your berserk so you can pad your stats more by killing that last guy that is alive that is 1v4 versus your team..
Pred all day every day
> Do you even have Predation as a key bind? Because sometimes I wonder...

Possibly trolled but its so important that it is a main key bind on my naga.

Ridickilis
02.18.2013 , 11:52 AM | #24
I just want to add, as I made this noob mistake recently, don't pop predation when the ball carrier is waiting around for a fire trap to stop.

At least my teammate was polite about it, though I would have accepted a full flame, when he called me out in chat. "Do you think you could wait until the fire goes down next time?" I knew exactly what he meant and took my lumps on that one.

That said, even as a Carnage spec, I do like to use bloodlust at the start of VS defense or NC once we first engage at mid rather than use predation. I was thinking that the team heal and damage boost would be more beneficial in those instances but, if that's not preferred, I can stop doing that. CW I always pop pred at the start, same with AH.

foxmob
02.18.2013 , 11:59 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Ridickilis View Post
I just want to add, as I made this noob mistake recently, don't pop predation when the ball carrier is waiting around for a fire trap to stop. .
or pop predation and run through the trap. you'll take like one tic. pop saberward as well. keep gbtf in reserve (that will get you through another fire at reg speed). only adviseable if you're alone (nobody to leap to or stun you) or desperate (enemy closing in from behind and no friends to pass to in front).

obviously applies more to carrying yourself, but if you have an actual tank class carrying, they have even better mitigation, so it works for them too - if they have the balls to run through when you pop it for them.

DarthOvertone
02.18.2013 , 12:22 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Vin_of_Vinheim View Post
Hackers use predation all the time.
I thought Predation was a cheat/hack! You mean it's a skill?

Well I never!
Alphawood - Alphanoob - Alphabolt - Garbage S1 Champion
The Bastion - #1 Stronk PvP Server
SWTOR 3.0: All Hail Maintenance Mode PvP!!